What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

minorthreat

Juniors
Cowboys 20 year logo for next season

5_lezatkZEgxGC0kLw2Zf9kzd4FaKkh8BOTk8YmwslIisuM_UE5Tc-CUnVJB3g6taLW8zxDXyLvaHZ_nEAeQ3WGdxMYTNiEjxn5q70UC54SNZBIMzuuhyCcwQt_Z8uNNdpsSE6LBrKpIqM5j5z8=s0-d-e1-ft

"The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys' 20th anniversary logo (above) will feature on selected collateral and team apparel for season 2015. Look out for the new logo on your membership brochure coming soon, and on your member's pack merchandise!"

insert.pause

First Grade

5_lezatkZEgxGC0kLw2Zf9kzd4FaKkh8BOTk8YmwslIisuM_UE5Tc-CUnVJB3g6taLW8zxDXyLvaHZ_nEAeQ3WGdxMYTNiEjxn5q70UC54SNZBIMzuuhyCcwQt_Z8uNNdpsSE6LBrKpIqM5j5z8=s0-d-e1-ft

"The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys' 20th anniversary logo (above) will feature on selected collateral and team apparel for season 2015. Look out for the new logo on your membership brochure coming soon, and on your member's pack merchandise!"

Inspired, up there with the Broncos 25 years logo.:sarcasm:

beave

Coach
Cows logo, meh.

Not a hint of grey in it which disappoints me big time, not that I am all that surprised.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Would like to see that as their full-time logo, just with North Queensland on the top half of the circle, and 1995 on the bottom of it.

LineBall

Juniors
The Cowboys really need to rethink their logo. The star - which I assume is supposed to be a sheriff's and the bulls horns are a bit of a mish mash and a bit of a rip off of the Dallas Cowboys. Why can't they have a cowboy in the image, or a cowboy hat instead?

Son of Minto

Bench
Only the star is really a "ripoff" of the Dallas Cowboys. If anything thats what should go. The steers head has been there from the start and is a great logo imo. An actual Cowboy or hat would look way too gimmicky.

Also, they should add some grey somewhere.

GAZF

First Grade

The Cowboys logo needs a complete redo full stop.

kdalymc

Bench
Quick question/ trivia- did the bulldogs EVER use an alternate jersey before the invert in say 98-99 ??

I realise they had stripes back in they day, but most teams tried inverts or total alternates long before 99.

Also same question goes to dragons?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bulldogs had an alternate starting in I believe 1999 - grey replaced the main blue part on the shoulders:

bulldogs-alternative-away-rugby-shirt-1999-s_416_1_500x400.jpg

After that the alternate shirt became the blue inverted I think around 2001-02. Was always the same one jersey prior to 1999.

Dragons alternate probably came in around that early part of the 2000's when the merger was in. Maybe 02-03?

bileduct

Coach
Pretty sure it's close to this, happy to be corrected though.

2014 Primary Jersey Cycle
15. Raiders ? year 2/3
It's year 3 for the current design and I'm pretty sure they've said it will be a new jersey next season.

Latest posts