What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Team

maple_69

Bench
Yep Naqaima looks the goods. Was great in defence, under the high ball, strong and fast. Him and Peachey are great signings, the type we should have been making for all those years when we didn't have huge cash to throw around.

TheFrog

Coach
Mansour is by far the better winger. He kills it regardless of the team around him, and showed at the end of the season he can finish tries as good as Simmo can. Mansour will contribute every week. Simmo cant always be relied upon.

And yeah... He could have had more tries if quicker and/or stronger. His centre gifted him some great opportunities. Throw a better winger in and you get
More tries.

I know we've got an improved squad for next season, but I don't think we have such riches that we can afford to dump the NRL's highest try scorer of 2013.

murraymob

Coach
Yep Naqaima looks the goods. Was great in defence, under the high ball, strong and fast. Him and Peachey are great signings, the type we should have been making for all those years when we didn't have huge cash to throw around.

he could be a bolter for fullback.While i am still a moylan fan he does need to bulk up.He is clearly to light for fullback in furst grade right now.But he does have a high skill level enough to play first grade easily

peachey will be great of the bench as he had big impact for the sharks when he played.

murraymob

Coach
Peachey is killing it for the Sharks here in NSW Cup.

yeah watching the game as well.2 tries and he could have scored the third but passed it for his outside man to scored.Easily has to be in the 17 next year more talent right now than most of our current pack

broncos2010

Juniors
yeah watching the game as well.2 tries and he could have scored the third but passed it for his outside man to scored.Easily has to be in the 17 next year more talent right now than most of our current pack

Great player bit of a shame sharks pack is so stacked,he would be in pretty much any other NRL team 17 by now week in week out.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
We stole Wade. You got Tyrone. I am calling evens.

Wade came on well, so will the Peach.

no name

Coach
Peachy will be a great pick up for the Panthers.
Was in good form in the top grade in his last few matches he played, thought he was unlucky to be dropped. Not sure who would made way for him but.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Peachey looks like he can play lock, centre and five eighth. Thats the sort of talent you can use off the bench every week in his first full year.

maple_69

Bench
I think its going to be really interesting what style of play Cleary has them playing next year.
Having guys like Robinson, Peachey and Cartwright around the side is a big change to previous years where our second rowers have been wide running props really. Hopefully with Plum and Kite in the front row gaining yards hopefully Mckendry can go back to more of an impact, off loading prop role. Moylan will likely be used more in a Boyd style than any fullback we have had. Segs may start. We will have a good long kicking game for the first time since Gower left.

I think our halves role will be kick out of trouble, organise and have forwards running decoys before spreading wide. Guys like Moylan, Brown, Peachey and Cartwright can create things for the outside backs. Need guys like Moylan running off Cartwright, Peachey, Mckendry, Segs and Mansour constantly for the offload.

You can definitely see where our points come from next year, whereas, this year, we managed, but I never knew how we were going to get points.

franklin2323

Immortal
Peachey looks like he can play lock, centre and five eighth. Thats the sort of talent you can use off the bench every week in his first full year.

The problem is Seg, Mckendry, Grant have 3 bench spots covered. Brown/Manu/Taylor starting pack

Doesn't leave much room for him. I would play him at Left centre has more speed then a few backs so that shouldn't be an issue. We have options for centre but are far from 1st graders yet. Any of 10 can do a job in our backrow

franklin2323

Immortal
I know we've got an improved squad for next season, but I don't think we have such riches that we can afford to dump the NRL's highest try scorer of 2013.

This. Naiqama should start as our 3rd choice winger and have to wait his turn

mxlegend99

Referee
Simmons is just a solid winger playing outside of a gun centre. He was fantastic for us this season, but the main reason for his improvement was the service from his centre. Kevin Naiqama is faster, stronger and I would back him to finish any try that Simmons can and more.

Simmons is a safe option on the wing, but he's not a match winner and he has no x-factor. He isn't going to be able to score a length of the field try against most teams either. If our back 3 are Moylan, Mansour and Simmons you wouldn't put your money on us scoring any length of the field tries to be honest. Would leave James Roberts as our only speedster.

franklin2323

Immortal
Simmons is a safe option on the wing, but he's not a match winner and he has no x-factor. He isn't going to be able to score a length of the field try against most teams either. If our back 3 are Moylan, Mansour and Simmons you wouldn't put your money on us scoring any length of the field tries to be honest. Would leave James Roberts as our only speedster.

Ivan loves the safe player it's why I can't see too many changes. It's why we re-signed Kingston, Plum etc. It's why Austin got no game time.

Injury aside our backs will be:

Moylan
Mansour

Whare
Simmons
Wallace
Soward

Throw in a front row of:

Kite
Kingston
Plum

and there is safe over flashy all over the park.

Personally I would play Wallace at 9, Manu Prop, 1 of Kite/Plum gone. Roberts in the centres. Apart from Possibly Roberts at centre the rest is no chance

ACTPanthers

Bench
Wallaces service from dummy half is sub par - Kingston and Segeyaro are by far better options then Wallace in the 9 - Dropping Kite (a former rep player) or Plum (one of the better props this season) for a 2nd rower is a silly idea imo - We have McKendry, Grant, Plum, Kite for our Prop rotation so no reason to move Manu - Roberts NEEDS to work on his handling before coming anywhere near FG again - If he can get this sorted then yes, he could be a great centre

franklin2323

Immortal
in the 9 - Dropping Kite (a former rep player) or Plum (one of the better props this season) for a 2nd rower is a silly idea imo - We have McKendry, Grant, Plum, Kite for our Prop rotation so no reason to move Manu -

It's great to have some much quality
however assuming we have:

Kite
Kingston
Plum
Brown
Manu
Taylor:

Sege
McKendry
Grant

We have 1 spot for Robinson, Docker, Peachey, Cherrington, Cartwright

Robinson - Line running and offloads
Docker - Defence speed
Peachey - Footwork, Speed, Ball skills

All are needed over lets be honest 4 props that do the same job. None have offloads, Quick play the balls etc.

murraymob

Coach
peachey is not coming to penrith to play second grade .He will come of the bench .Plum may struggle to make the side

what interest me most id will kingston come of the field while segs is on or stay on and get in the road like this year

maple_69

Bench
Why are you putting Grant on the bench franklin? Hes been down on form but injury free should be by far our best prop and should be starting. Kingston was eventually re-signed but he was shown the door to start which says Ivan/Gus were confident in Segs starting. Hopefully we can shed Kingston from the side allowing two second rowers on the bench.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I would like to see Segs starting, Peachey on the bench and Kingston in The Wolves.

My Bench:

Kite
Mckendry
Docker
Peachey

Latest posts