What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 T20 World Cup in India

TheParraboy

Staff member
Poms won the toss and elected to field

NZ 1/66 8 overs

NZ have always batted first this world cup so far

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The Big MunShow switch hitting for siz.

Interesting pitch. Looks green, but it's playing low and two paced.

So far England have bowled well for the majority but there's often been one bad ball per over that gets punished. That's keeoing the score ticking over more than anything else.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Predominant Indian crowd going nuts every time a boundary is hit by the kiwis.

1/89 10 overs

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Dismal batting from the middle/lower order.

Only Ronchi and Anderson could get consecutive full tosses and plod it straight down the fielders throat.

JJ

Immortal
Roy's innings the key and I suspect the familiarity with the ground - none of out bats could kick on which was needed - well done England

vvvrulz

Coach
We missed a trick bowling wise, was inspired to leave out Boult early but not here.
Boult/Henry/Southee is our best seam attack, opening with expensive pie bowling ended the contest fast
Can't have Mitch/Corey/Milne all at once

Right come on Windies!

TheParraboy

Staff member
When you have almost 3 overs up your sleeve and 7 wickets in hand with 2 settled in batsman, its pretty much a thrashing by the poms in this format of the game, it happens.

Williamson was disappointing for mine, his slow run rate and the way he got out to Ali. Really needed to kick on but couldnt. But these things can happen in this format , he was starting to go the tonk when he got out and could have blasted 30 of his next 12 deliveries, but not to be. Would Ronchi be an option to open for the kiwis in this format with Guptill ?

Oh well, don't give a flying brick who wins now. What we do know is the winner will become the 1st nation to win two t20 world cups. Anyone bar India please, so in a sense I do care where that brick lands

vvvrulz

Coach
Roy ended the contest in 4 overs
We were no chance after that unless they did a Bangladesh

That's the harshness of T20

blaza88z

Coach
I like the T20 world cup but the format needs to change for mine, I don't like how quickly it ends for a game that can easily be won off the back of 1 individual performance, I am not talking about the pool stages but rather the finals.. 3 games after the pool stages and the competition is over, I don't know that the best team always wins with that format

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Any time you reach a knockout stage in any sport it's open to the "any given day" scenario, but I do agree that the T20 seems to end very abruptly after the pool stages (although techhnically there were two rounds of pool stages).

Whoever wins the T20 WC will have lost a game at some point in the tournament which in a lot of ways highlights that compared to other world torunaments where teams often reach the semi's/final without having lost a game.

JJ

Immortal
T20 is a bit of a lottery - at the end of the day none of our bats came off, and we were short of runs

Agree also that we misread the conditions a bit - but they'd done incredibly well up to then

Liking Kane's captaincy - once real cricket starts again would like to ensure he's still getting runs

lockyno1

Post Whore
Aussie women win, NZ lose. What a glorious night. At least we know we are hopeless at t20, the Kiwis thought they were good this tournament and proceed to lose lol

lockyno1

Post Whore
Liking Kane's captaincy - once real cricket starts again would like to ensure he's still getting runs

Was dreadful last night though. 4 overs till you bowl spin when it is your strength? :crazy:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
What a crap game Twenty/20 is.

Can say I have not watched a single game, just get the reports on ABC Grandstand and read the scorecards.

I guess it just reflects the youth of these days, short attention span, easily distracted and bore very easily. I see why they like it.

I reckon it is shyte.

JJ

Immortal
What a crap game Twenty/20 is.

Can say I have not watched a single game, just get the reports on ABC Grandstand and read the scorecards.

I guess it just reflects the youth of these days, short attention span, easily distracted and bore very easily. I see why they like it.

I reckon it is shyte.

Agree 100% - think it should be compulsory to get into 1970's garb as the Kiwi's did in the first game - that was fun, at international level I really don't get the point

TheParraboy

Staff member
How long before the powers (fruitcakes) that be, start thinking about a 3 game final series between the 2 remaining nations? in a t20 world cup? I wouldn't be surprised if they looked at doing it for the semi finals as well. Could play the games in 3 consecutive days, what a money winner that would be :crazy:](*,)[-(#-o

Its gonna happen , I smell it a mile away :x

TheParraboy

Staff member
:lol::lol:
Kiwis choke again. Couldn't even knock off the poms.

They kicked our sorry ass though :D..:eek:

Not sure its a choke, they should have scored more runs (a lot more), and bowling options were probably could have been better.

50/50 who would win this semi (well 50/50 for most of the t20 games??), and the tournaments favourites to win it were always India, followed by WI