What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
why is 20k long gone at Brookie?

They were getting it as recently as 2013. Surely Brookvale's capacity hasn't suffered that much.
I reckon it has. They severely limit and structure the hill much more than they used to

Panther_Daz

Staff member
The Tigers win in North Queensland puts a few more bums on seats next week.

Just need the Eels to win tomorrow and the crowd will be huge over Easter.

This weekend has been awesome for next weeks crowds.

As you said the two games at ANZ now have at least 3 teams coming off wins.

The Broncos, Raiders and Dragons are all at home as well too. All 3 coming off huge wins and are in form.

Dragons should sell out WIN Stadium and the Raiders should be hoping for 18-20K.

moffla

Bench
Some seriously grim weather readings here in Melb. But if a shame but I'm excited nevertheless

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Just had a look at the Melbourne forecast. Will be lucky to crack 10K. The match had the potential for 20K too.

At Brookvale, why is there a small patch of the hill fenced off and closed? Looks odd on the telly, especially if the hill looks full. That reduces the crowd capacity slightly.

11.6k at Brookie did look great. 15k would look awesome.

mave

Coach
At Brookvale, why is there a small patch of the hill fenced off and closed? Looks odd on the telly, especially if the hill looks full. That reduces the crowd capacity slightly.

11.6k at Brookie did look great. 15k would look awesome.

15k looks great but is bordering on uncomfortable at the ground

Timmah

Staff member
Yep - it's all about OH&S. There are (from memory, it's been 2-3 years since i attended) about 3 walkway areas where they are fierce about not allowing anyone to sit there. Might be even more on the northern family hill too.

Basically the joint needs a bulldozer & to start again.

beave

Coach
Its the same in Tvl, there's about 3 walkways painted up each hill that security refuse to let people sit on. It used to be a pain trying to navigate your way through the people if you wanted a beer or food in the old days without the walkways, have gone ass up a few times after a thouuusand sherberts.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Yep - it's all about OH&S. There are (from memory, it's been 2-3 years since i attended) about 3 walkway areas where they are fierce about not allowing anyone to sit there. Might be even more on the northern family hill too.

Basically the joint needs a bulldozer & to start again.

It aint real Suburban footy without a few deaths and some tetanus....

mave

Coach
Has standing on some grass got gradually less safe over the decades?

Has there been a trend of unreported safety incidents?

Pointless.

Lol.
Let me call the club/ council for you and get their OHS policy.

Not saying I support the decision, simply passing on the info....

Not that Im suprised when LU reads a post, and makes their own interpretation on what has actually been said.....lowest common denominator and all that.

adamkungl

Immortal
Lol.
Let me call the club/ council for you and get their OHS policy.

Not saying I support the decision, simply passing on the info....

Not that Im suprised when LU reads a post, and makes their own interpretation on what has actually been said.....lowest common denominator and all that.

I'm not criticising you champ I'm aware you didn't make the decision.. not sure what interpretation you're on about it. I knew it was some OH&S nonsense. As i said.. pointless.

Timmah

Staff member
Basic standard practice really - ensuring there is clear paths for exit in the event of an emergency. Surprised it took until the last few years, really.