What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

beave

Coach
Listen to you correcting sayings now. Another 1500 -2000 people in the ground and it would have looked really full.

Another Sydney team would have had at least that number in fans attend.

I actually went to game so I couldn't see the Hill from the other side. Not like you watching from home you pompous fool!!

Ha.

Bit hard to attend a game at Kogarah when I live in Brisbane you muppet. I actually fly to NQ 4-5 times a year for home games, so 'pike down'.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Without context the WT v GC crowd is embarrassing, but when you actually put it into context - the temperature, form of both sides, ladder position, just shy of 7k is actually pretty good. I was expecting 4k.

or if you put it in the context that NRL is supposed to be a premier level sport, the game was in the sports heartland, KO time wasn't terrible and it wasn't raining then it is what it was, shthouse. Setting a very low bar will always make you feel good about very low crowds I guess? When we are getting down to Aleague level then it is hard to make excuses.

carcharias

Immortal
or if you put it in the context that NRL is supposed to be a premier level sport, the game was in the sports heartland, KO time wasn't terrible and it wasn't raining then it is what it was, shthouse. Setting a very low bar will always make you feel good about very low crowds I guess? When we are getting down to Aleague level then it is hard to make excuses.

So do tell us all how you go about getting people to go and sit in the freezing cold and watch their team lose for the 7th week in a row ( or how many it is).

Not forgetting that the team is coming last....and the two best players are leaving.

You hang shit constantly on crowd numbers but never ever give a solution.

In fact that is all you actually do on these forums.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Do you understand what context is? What you've done is list a series of general statements that make no bones about what the circumstances were on that night.

What I'm trying to say - the crowd wasn't great, but it could've been much worse.

BuffaloRules

Coach

The same two teams played in the same venue in August last year and got 17K...

Whats different this time?

Well, how about the facts that the Tigers have had the year from hell this year, are fielding a team of reserve graders and are on one of their biggest losing streaks, whilst last year they had the slightest sniff of the finals...

Whats your reason for the difference? Have those 10K fans abandoned them never to return?

OldPanther

Coach
The Roosters game this week is about $20 a ticket. That's not too bad if people are willing to come to the central coast. I am considering going because it's close.

I like steve mascords idea for improving Sydney crowds; less games in Sydney. Make it a more precious commodity.

Move more games to country & expansion areas. NRL should mandate a minimum of 2 games per club to be moved.

I still think Sydney is one team too heavy in the short term though.

big hit!

Bench
What's your point?

Maybe if other clubs had well marketed big events, as I suggested above, they would match our outstanding crowd average.

the point is if you listed the crowd figure for every Roosters SFS home game this season, you'll have one that sticks out like Pearce's cock after his walked past a maltese terrior.

taking a number at face value tells us nothing. analysis what drives the number and then you really find out how things are going generally.

big hit!

Bench
I like steve mascords idea for improving Sydney crowds; less games in Sydney. Make it a more precious commodity.

Move more games to country & expansion areas. NRL should mandate a minimum of 2 games per club to be moved.

I still think Sydney is one team too heavy in the short term though.

i suggest wests tigers go west.......far west

carcharias

Immortal
What's your point?

Maybe if other clubs had well marketed big events, as I suggested above, they would match our outstanding crowd average.

Yes
Well done to the roosters for organising Anzac Day to coincide with their annual ch 9 endorsed "event".
The NRL should thank them.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So do tell us all how you go about getting people to go and sit in the freezing cold and watch their team lose for the 7th week in a row ( or how many it is).

Not forgetting that the team is coming last....and the two best players are leaving.

You hang shit constantly on crowd numbers but never ever give a solution.

In fact that is all you actually do on these forums.

Don't ask me, ask the AFL.
If I had all the answers Id get a $700k consultancy job at the NRL lol.

adamkungl

Immortal
the point is if you listed the crowd figure for every Roosters SFS home game this season, you'll have one that sticks out like Pearce's c**k after his walked past a maltese terrior.

taking a number at face value tells us nothing. analysis what drives the number and then you really find out how things are going generally.

Actually, you'd have a number that looks very similar to Souths, St George, NZ, Wests, Cronulla, Gold Coast, Penriths, and a shitload better than Manly if you exclude their big event game.

Yes
Well done to the roosters for organising Anzac Day to coincide with their annual ch 9 endorsed "event".
The NRL should thank them.

Maybe the NRL should take notice of what draws a big crowd in Sydney and apply it to other clubs. Or miss the point entirely, I'm not fussed.