What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

carcharias

Immortal
You definitely are. A decent crowd at Leichardt looks better than a stadium with no people in it. In other breaking news, grass is green, water is blue and the earth is round.

In other other breaking news
Rugby league will never fill stadiums in this country .

You can play games in as many as you like but people will not go.
It's on TV
Every game
Every minute live.

There is no incentive to go to watch a game in a stadium in Sydney for the majority of teams fans.

Billythekid

First Grade

It's on TV
Every game
Every minute live.

There is no incentive to go to watch a game in a stadium in Sydney for the majority of teams fans.

Which is the exact same situation the AFL is in. What's special about our fans that they can't show up when the game is shown on tv?

Also it's a pathetic excuse and does nothing to explain poor crowds. If that was the reason for poor crowds it would be consistent across all timeslots, stadiums and teams.

There are many issues affecting NRL crowd numbers but games being shown live is low on the list.

Raiderdave

First Grade

It's on TV
Every game
Every minute live.

never ?
wow

youre a postive chap aren't you ?
its fixable
we just need a plan
we don;t have one

Raiderdave

First Grade
You definitely are. A decent crowd at Leichardt looks better than a stadium with no people in it. In other breaking news, grass is green, water is blue and the earth is round.
well its a better perception

your eyes playing tricks
10K at Brookie
or 20K at ANZ ( becoming less frequent I know )

one looks better

one is better ...

carcharias

Immortal
its cute
it isn't the future

we'll always be a back water nothing sport if we are content with cute

i don't have all the answers
but I know suburban grounds aren't it ...

All I said was this game and crowd and ground in the sun ...looks great...better than games in big stadiums that are way too big for the crowd.

carcharias

Immortal
never ?
wow

youre a postive chap aren't you ?
its fixable
we just need a plan
we don;t have one

Never ever ever ever.
No way
No hope.

Foxtel has assured that.
I will never go to a stadium for an away game.
Why would I?
It's an absolute bitch to get to.
Stupidly expensive .
There's no atmosphere what so ever
And
I can watch it all at home on tv.

Give me one good reason why I'd be bothered to go to ?

Billythekid

First Grade
well its a better perception

your eyes playing tricks
10K at Brookie
or 20K at ANZ ( becoming less frequent I know )

one looks better

one is better ...

20K at ANZ looks better than 10K at Brooky. I do see your point though.

I'm not arguing against suburban grounds btw. I like them and I love watching games at them. They will have a role to play in our game for some time and I like that league still has that.

I just acknowledge the limitations of the grounds and accept that they should have a limited role going forward (not that they should all be abdandoned).

Raiderdave

First Grade
20K at ANZ looks better than 10K at Brooky. I do see your point though.

I'm not arguing against suburban grounds btw. I like them and I love watching games at them. They will have a role to play in our game for some time and I like that league still has that.

I just acknowledge the limitations of the grounds and accept that they should have a limited role going forward (not that they should all be abdandoned).

agree
well I actually meant the brookie crowd looks better
the ANZ crowd is better

& sydney being sydney
we'll have suburban grounds around for a while
but they aren't the future so we need a plan

Brutus

Referee
Oh well if they can't pack out Leichhardt Oval anymore on a fine Sunday then it's bye bye Leichhardt.

Perth awaits.

Raiderdave

First Grade
12,649 at Leichardt

looked acceptable
but are we happy with a sunny sunday arvo crowd not even getting to our season average of 14500 ?

its dire
theres a host of issues
none are uncomplicated

but sitting on our arses doing nothing saying

never .. never .. ever
aint a solution.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Clearly the answer for sydney is play games at grounds, you couldn't call it a stadium, that hold around 17k so 12k looks ok.

God knows what the answer is in Sydney, seems it doesn't matter where, when or in what weather the game struggles to crack a decent turn out. Hard to see this mob running the game having the answer, hopefully weather picks up and the non Sydney teams carry the avg so we at least dont drop below 15k by season end.

There a lot of hope riding on the new parra stadium and a redesigned anz creating somewhere decent to watch the game and the nrl actually using its scheduling ability next year to play the biggest games at the best times.