What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Seriously to everyone saying yesterday wasn’t good enough, I have one question. What did you do yesterday? If your answer is “Mother’s Day Lunch” then you’re in the same boat as the potential 10,000 fans, myself included, who didn’t attend.

Would a 6pm game work better? Could do the mum lunch then go to the game.
How about if mums got in for free and glass of bubbly, chance to win some amazing mum Prizes etc, would some mums enjoy an afternoon at the footy more than the ubiquitous lunch?

As Timmah showed big drawing games in the past have cracked 20k on this day on a couple of occasions so no real excuse for a small 13k crowd.

franklin2323

Immortal
Seriously to everyone saying yesterday wasn’t good enough, I have one question. What did you do yesterday? If your answer is “Mother’s Day Lunch” then you’re in the same boat as the potential 10,000 fans, myself included, who didn’t attend.

Most of them bagging it aren't from Sydney. Anyone in Sydney knows it takes Atleast an hour to get to ANZ from where people live. A 2pm game means need to leave lunch by 1pm at the latest.

It is Brisbane's problem next year with that stupid every game at Suncorp round

El Diablo

Post Whore
How about if mums got in for free and glass of bubbly, chance to win some amazing mum Prizes etc, would some mums enjoy an afternoon at the footy more than the ubiquitous lunch?

As Timmah showed big drawing games in the past have cracked 20k on this day on a couple of occasions so no real excuse for a small 13k crowd.
she's up to her guts in nuts by 6pm

Springs09

Juniors

Refereeing U16s and U18s, playing reserve grade and supporting first grade before preparing for our new competition we built from scratch that has its knockout this Saturday.

Yesterday was not good enough. That potential 10,000 fans should have brought it down from 30k to 20k, not 13k. All Timmah's silly statistics did was prove that Mother's Day has not been that big a drain on big Sydney games in the past, with Tigers/Dogs and Dragons/Dogs drawing crowds on par with their other crowds in the surrounding years.

Saint Doc

Coach
Refereeing U16s and U18s, playing reserve grade and supporting first grade before preparing for our new competition we built from scratch that has its knockout this Saturday.

Yesterday was not good enough. That potential 10,000 fans should have brought it down from 30k to 20k, not 13k. All Timmah's silly statistics did was prove that Mother's Day has not been that big a drain on big Sydney games in the past, with Tigers/Dogs and Dragons/Dogs drawing crowds on par with their other crowds in the surrounding years.

Were you at the game yesterday? What were you doing at lunch?

FFS why should only 10,000 people have mother’s day lunch? Almost everyone does. It’s just not a good day for a game. If played origin or NRL GF at 1pm Dec 25, you wouldn’t draw a crowd. Simple.

Cheap tickets or prizes for Mum might have a slight impact, but I still wouldn’t have gone. We have 16 people for lunch, had a nice BBQ, kids running around. At 2pm the footy was on the tv and those who wanted to watch it did. We wouldn’t have paid $400 for tickets, driven 4 or 5 cars, or spent 2 hours on the train, for the chance to win a lucky door prize. Mother’s Day is a family day for most. It’s a bad day for footy

beave

Coach
If the league were smart, they’d let Penrith host a Mothers Day game and promote the bejesus out of it......

*insert single mother joke here*

carcharias

Immortal

Haha
Free glass of bubbly

f**k you’re a dope.

Just for a laugh pls tell me about the logistics in providing free piss to people at the game.

Last edited:

cleary89

Coach

My mum wanted to go with me but we stayed home and watched on tv. Im not going to anz.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
My mum wanted to go with me but we stayed home and watched on tv. Im not going to anz.
The other factor being wilfully ignored - ANZ is difficult to get to and much-hated by the Dragons fanbase.

Clifferd

Coach
Riff v Tigers might come close to selling out Thursday night

I know a lot of usual thurs night knockers that wouldn’t normally go that are taking sickies the next day to not miss this game. Wish it was on a Sunday personally so I could make it lol

franklin2323

Immortal

I know a lot of usual thurs night knockers that wouldn’t normally go that are taking sickies the next day to not miss this game. Wish it was on a Sunday personally so I could make it lol

It is usually our biggest crowd of the year. Dragons will be a sellout next week

taipan

Referee

Can I please have their names and those of their employers?Just doing my civic duty.:p

hutch

First Grade
Looking back over previous us years I’m surprised at how smal dragons v Souths crowds have been. This game should draw 25-30k plus like the other big Sydney derbies have done when teams are in form.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Looking back over precious years I’m surprised at how smal dragons v Souths crowds have been. This game should draw 25-30k plus like the other big Sydney derbies have done when teams are in form.
what was precious about them?