What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is it starting to dawn on you?

yeh it would be so impossible to have a voucher redemption process as part of ticketing for a glass of bubbly. Its not like a squillion events in the past have ever tried to use such an outrageous system!

but as Gavin said its not about crowds so enough of your stupidity lol

So whats next weekend looking like for crowds?

Thurs Panthers v Wests 14,000
Fri 6pm Eels v Warriors 10,000
Fri late Broncos v Roosters 32,000
Sat Titans v Knights 13,500
Sat Cows v Rabbits 14,000
Sat Storm v Manly 17,000
Sun Dragons v Raiders (Mudgee) 10,000
Sun Sharks v Dogs 14,500

Shame the Mudgee game isnt Thurs and the all Sydney clash Sunday

carcharias

Immortal
yeh it would be so impossible to have a voucher redemption process as part of ticketing for a glass of bubbly. Its not like a squillion events in the past have ever tried to use such an outrageous system!

but as Gavin said its not about crowds so enough of your stupidity lol

So whats next weekend looking like for crowds?

So free entry and a glass free glass of “bubbly” for all mothers??

BAHAHAHA

What if 1000 women rock up claiming to be mums ?

Conservatively that’s about $27000.00 the clubs are giving away.
$7 a glass
$20 to get in.

Also how do you police who is and who isn’t a mum?

Why don’t they do a Father’s Day too?

Why are people who can’t or don’t have children left out?

AJB1102

First Grade

BAHAHAHA

$7 a glass
$20 to get in.

Its bad enough they can't take their fur babies into the game even though they're paid up Souffs members

greenBV4

Bench
Sat Storm v Manly 17,000

This will be more (hopefully)
My email and socials have been full of advertisement for this game for the last 3 weeks, and it's a rivalry match

Plus theres also this:
Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 3.39.50 pm.png

Im hoping 22,000 if enough see the promotion

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Free alcohol? Apart from being prohibitively expensive and defeating the purpose of attracting a bigger crowd (more $$)... isn't it illegal to just give away shitloads of alcohol?

And as if a venue is going to allow that anyway?

Perth Red

Post Whore

BAHAHAHA

$7 a glass
$20 to get in.

What if they do, hopefully 10,000 will thats the point! $10 a ticket for mums includes a rose and free glass fo bubbly.
Cost of a plastic 60ml of cheap Yellow sht = less than 50c, rose in bulk = 50c. Still $9 up! or make it free because you know you are going to get a big increase in add on ticket sales by family attending with mum, all for the price of $1 per mum coming in.

Doesn't really matter if they are a mum or not, its about getting people to go with an enticing offer that you can build marketing and promotion around.

yes they should do fathers day too, its called MARKETING!

I wont even to respond to the stupidity of your last question!

or do nothing and get 13k or less coming.

Free alcohol? Apart from being prohibitively expensive and defeating the purpose of attracting a bigger crowd (more $$)... isn't it illegal to just give away shitloads of alcohol?

Not its not expensive (a bottle of 750ml Yellow is $3 in bulk ffs!) 60ml wine serving thats less than 50c a glass. Its not breaking the bank lol.
and yes it happens all the time so no it isn't illegal lol. Plenty of events I have been to where you get a or a number of free drinks voucher as part of the admission.

Why wouldnt a venue allow it? The club is paying for it, the venue will be very happy to supply it.

geez its hard work in here some days

greenBV4

Bench
You're kidding right lol
I think 17K is overs
15 might pull it up

I was being bit optimistic
I think it can crack 20k though, depending on how many see the promotion, half price tickets is dirt cheap ($13.50 for adult GA, $30 for family GA, cat 1 adult only $32.50)

Teddyboy

First Grade

How, when and where ?

carcharias

Immortal
Haha
$3 bubbly and a plastic rose should get them coming in droves

It’s a game of footy , not the mother’s day stall at the kids school FFS.

Mister M

Juniors
This will be more (hopefully)
My email and socials have been full of advertisement for this game for the last 3 weeks, and it's a rivalry match

Plus theres also this:
View attachment 20007

Im hoping 22,000 if enough see the promotion

Nearly as many as the warriors game?

You're kidding right lol
I think 17K is overs
15 might pull it up

You obviously have no idea about the Melbourne market.

The last time Storm played on a Saturday night was back in Round 2-- Vs Tigers which got 18,189 back in March.

This is the first game in Melbourne since Anzac Day (the Warriors clash) which was 25,731.

As demonstrated by greenBV4 there is currently promotion around the Manly game where tickets today have been 50% and the Storm are getting Media attention in Melbourne at the moment (Billy Slater appeared on SEN this morning, plus Cameron Smith's Origin retirement being big news even down here).

Combine that with having an AFL game at the MCG (Essendon Vs Geelong) finishing about 30 minutes before the Storm starts, meaning there will also be extra crowd members that flow across from one to the other that do the double. (One of the reasons Anzac Day is soo successful in Melbourne).

There's absolutely no way Storm are getting 3k LESS than their last Saturday night game-- you are almost as stupid as most of those politicians in Canberra mate.

There will easily be 18k there on Saturday night, most likely closer to 20k.

Saint Doc

Coach
Looking back over previous us years I’m surprised at how smal dragons v Souths crowds have been. This game should draw 25-30k plus like the other big Sydney derbies have done when teams are in form.

It’s actually not a big rivalry.

I would put Sharks, Dogs and Tigers ahead of Souths as Saints Sydney rivals. Plus there is ANZAC Day against the roosters. I think it’s because the current generation of Saints adult fans grew up in the 90’s and early 2000’s when Souths were shit. There just isn’t the hatred there is for other teams. And I don’t think Souths worry much about us. Roosters are their main rival by far

hutch

First Grade
It’s actually not a big rivalry.

I would put Sharks, Dogs and Tigers ahead of Souths as Saints Sydney rivals. Plus there is ANZAC Day against the roosters. I think it’s because the current generation of Saints adult fans grew up in the 90’s and early 2000’s when Souths were shit. There just isn’t the hatred there is for other teams. And I don’t think Souths worry much about us. Roosters are their main rival by far

Maybe you’re right.
But imo there are 5 big central Sydney teams in the dragons, tigers, parra, dogs and Souths that should all pull big crowds when they play each other. All these clubs should be doing all they can to create blockbusters against each other by having reciprocal members getting in free, big promotions, cheap tickets etc.