What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
One shudders to think what this game would have drawn at Allianz/SFS ?
The eastern side of the ground looked like a ghost town, solid crowd in the upper level on the western side but didn’t see what the crowd was like on the lower level western side.
Like anywhere, the struggle comes when the away side is a Titans/Cowboys/Storm/Raiders generally.

Glad to see at least 10k were there. Lots were packed in at the northern (GA) end

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Can't explain cc crowd today

Weather was off f**king tap good

Didn't this get 20k last year ?

Seemed like not many roosters fans made the trip ..

Saint Doc

Coach
Sure maybe 2-3k more show if it is at ANZ but the atmosphere would of been horrible

There is no way the crowd at ANZ would have been more. You’re assuming everyone who went tonight would have gone to homebush plus the “locked out” fans.

Reality is the crowd at ANZ would have been more like 15967.

franklin2323

Immortal
There is no way the crowd at ANZ would have been more. You’re assuming everyone who went tonight would have gone to homebush plus the “locked out” fans.

Reality is the crowd at ANZ would have been more like 15967.

More neutrals may of came but this is case of suburban stadiums are fine to be sold out

King Ben

Juniors
Anyone got PAX numbers for Origin?

THE NRL is facing the embarrassment of more than 50,000 empty seats for the opening State of Origin game at the MCG on June 6.

Less than two weeks from the kick-off, The Sunday Telegraph can reveal ticket sales have not even reached 20,000 for a venue that has a capacity of 100,000.

Only free-ticket promotions over the next 10 days combined with MCG members and corporate sales will lift the crowd figure to near the 40,000-mark, leaving the highest rating television event of the year with little or no atmosphere.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/884ea8aeaca1ac9ec244ad6f00b82554

Canard

Immortal

Just complete bullshit, they always write this negative shit.

It's been heavily promoted across Melbourne and will draw a decent crowd. As an aside it's a shitful venue for watching rectangular sports

Imagine how much negative press this sort of incident would draw in Sydney:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...st-match-brawl-at-etihad-20180526-p4zhqs.html

Billythekid

First Grade
Who was it earlier in the thread arguing that the cowboys and storm aren't big drawers on TV? Hope they caught the ratings between them again this week.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Just complete bullshit, they always write this negative shit.

It's been heavily promoted across Melbourne and will draw a decent crowd. As an aside it's a shitful venue for watching rectangular sports

well Melbournians would want to pull their fingers out & buy some tickets then if only 20,000 have been sold 2 weeks out , even if that's news ltd bashing league as they always do exaggerating the figure down & its more like 30,000 , that's appalling.

usually 30,000 or so make the effort to travel from NSW & QLD too ,
where have they gone since 2015 ? I know I went with my son in 2015 & I'm not going this year but sheesh , if the sold figure includes the nthn travellers , OMG

I see a disaster happening here

Raiderdave

First Grade
They had sold 75k by same time in 2015.

Hope they know what they're doing, the whole concept will be devalued if it's a poor crowd. Should have been game 2, with weekend allowing for interstate travelers.

I don't think the MCG would be available but be that as it may .....
the NRL couldn't organise a root on Darlinghurst road anyway
the fact our stand alone origin on a sunday this year... isn't .. on a public holiday weekend proves it.

the Queens Birthday holiday in June should have been the weekend for game 2 in Sydney on the Sunday night
people travelling in from QLD & country NSW in their thousands
there'd never be a question if it will sell out , it always would

Raiderdave

First Grade
I guess the 20K odd sold wouldn't include MCC members of which there are 25K
if 2/3 of them turn up , we're up to around 40 to 45K

still , very ordinary.

Latest posts