What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

greenBV4

Bench
well Melbournians would want to pull their fingers out & buy some tickets then if only 20,000 have been sold 2 weeks out , even if that's news ltd bashing league as they always do exaggerating the figure down & its more like 30,000 , that's appalling.

Hopefully they do, the biggest drawback is how crap league is to watch at the MCG, if you grab the cheapest tickets your up on the top ring, and the game would look like its played by ants.

But still I don't get what is different from the last time for it to be so much lower? Are tickets more expensive?
I wasn't down here back then but promotion has been good this time, I was given free tickets to an afl game at the G yesterday and went as a neutral, It was good to see that Origin was promoted on the screens at halftime and after the game

Who was it earlier in the thread arguing that the cowboys and storm aren't big drawers on TV? Hope they caught the ratings between them again this week.
I know I watched to see them belt crap out of each other and not really giving shit who won.

Although would have been amusing if Melbourne lost that one.

In any case, it was a shit game

Raiderdave

First Grade
Hopefully they do, the biggest drawback is how crap league is to watch at the MCG, if you grab the cheapest tickets your up on the top ring, and the game would look like its played by ants.

But still I don't get what is different from the last time for it to be so much lower? Are tickets more expensive?
I wasn't down here back then but promotion has been good this time, I was given free tickets to an afl game at the G yesterday and went as a neutral, It was good to see that Origin was promoted on the screens at halftime and after the game

I don't know about ticket prices for 2018 , only that they were much cheaper in 2015 then Sydney or Brisbane in an attempt to get a crowd I assume , which they did
but 1/3 of the crowd in 2015 were interstate visitors
maybe the experience was that poor that many have decided it isn't worth the effort this time which will have a big impact on the crowd & not only that , the actual future of games down there.
The only reason the Victorian Govt trumps up the cash , & a lot of it , is the interstate visitors give that back to the Victorian economy in spades
If that is under threat , then the whole concept is too.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There was a novelty to it in 2015,we went just because it was at mcg and we wanted to go to a game there. Not going this time as we’ve “done it” and it’s mid week. I suspect that is the case for many interstate fans. charging $175 adult $155 kids isnt going to entice a non fan to go and check it out. Playing it weds night is just stupidity when you want it to be an event interstate visitors will travel to. That’s what vic Govt is paying for, amazed Govt agreed to it.

Re the experience, it was brilliant, great atmosphere, big crowd, good entertainment, modern comfortable stadium. No excuses that the game experience wasn’t good even if was far away from action but that’s the similiar at most 80k plus stadiums.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great crowd at Penrith, good at nz given weather, Gosford was lot lower than expected, not sure the reasons for that?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Great crowd at Penrith, good at nz given weather, Gosford was lot lower than expected, not sure the reasons for that?
it was the Titans , they are drawcard poison & depending on who you talk to
the Sharks & their fans on the CC provided half the crowd at Gosford last year

the Titans had 5 fans there yesterday
crowd explained

azza29

Juniors
Pricing for Origin I is insane, nobody wants to pay $290 to watch league at the MCG. Everyone I know who’s going has opted for the cheap seats, and even those are $55.

Burns

First Grade
Watch the crowds in free fall. The mood was dark at the game today, we can cop losing (we are used to it) but we can’t cop lack of effort
Yeah, people around me have been Members forever and there were some harsh words being exchanged between those leaving early etc. Was ugly.

Pommy

Coach
Watch the crowds in free fall. The mood was dark at the game today, we can cop losing (we are used to it) but we can’t cop lack of effort

It’s a real shame I thought the fans were going to be rewarded this season. I know Pearce is injured but that’s not a good enough excuse for what’s happened since.

Crowds like the one at ANZ are why we can't shift the averages upward.

The floor for this fixture needs to be 25-30k - good weather, Sunday, and it's tops 15k.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Should’ve been played at Campbeltown/Leichhardt
Why?
It's the Bulldogs home ground too
And 20 minutes from most of Balmains old area
Get off your lazy arses & support your club, even if it takes a bit of effort you pathetic excuses for fans

Latest posts