What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Pommy

Coach
18,847. I would say that looks about right, clearly more than 15k

Still not brilliant for two West Sydney sides.

Billythekid

First Grade
Compared to some of the disasters this season that's not too bad. Still not great though. A Sunday arvo game in Sydney played between 2 big sides should always be drawing more than that.

Fantastic crowd in Newcastle. You have to wonder how long that'll hold up now though.

Clifferd

Coach
Two teams not in great form. It’s a pass

Remember Saints Souths got 13k in the same time slot not long ago

Marlins

Juniors
17k Average this week?
3x 20k+ Games this week.
One Sell Out.
Not a bad Round. If Brisbane were on Fri8 or Sat/Sun would of come Close to averaging 20K for the round.

Not feeling real confident for next week

El Diablo

Post Whore
Why?
It's the Bulldogs home ground too
And 20 minutes from most of Balmains old area
Get off your lazy arses & support your club, even if it takes a bit of effort you pathetic excuses for fans
plus they have a contract with ANZ and they make more money

Clifferd

Coach
Obviously not talking to you then dopey
So you get farked lol

It’s all apart of the 4 home ground debacle . Some people would just rather miss the ANZ game because they get shit seats compared to Cambo & Leichhardt

And it certainly looked like tigers outnumbered dogs fairly comfortably. 19k ain’t bad

Raiderdave

First Grade
It’s all apart of the 4 home ground debacle . Some people would just rather miss the ANZ game because they get shit seats compared to Cambo & Leichhardt

And it certainly looked like tigers outnumbered dogs fairly comfortably. 19k ain’t bad
I dunno
There were a lot of dogs fans there
And here's a novel idea
Just go FFS
Why do Sydney's RL fans need every conceivable thing turned on for them before they'll consider gracing their team with their presence
Too many fans in name only

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Over TV it certainly sounded like WT fans were outnumbering ours

Pommy

Coach
I dunno
And here's a novel idea
Just go FFS
Why do Sydney's RL fans need every conceivable thing turned on for them before they'll consider gracing their team with their presence

The reality is all these ‘fans in name only’ are who keep the whole league running. As uncomfortable as it is for some TV revenue is what keeps the lights on.

Clifferd

Coach
I dunno
And here's a novel idea
Just go FFS

Can’t speak for every Sydney rl fan

But I bet my bottom dollar once we get a recognised home, and when Parra stadium is complete we play out of Cambo and leave the parra stadium for the big games. Leichhardt gets the game for heritage round & ANZ for Easter Monday. Settled

macavity

Referee
This.

So much this.

We had some success in 97-01 (and blips in 06 and 13) but we never took it for granted, because we sucked hard pre-97 (and in between the blips).

I would think the Cowboys supporters would be the same - yes you have been contenders, but you never forget the pain of prolonged suckiness (although I think we now take the NRL-era crown for consistently sucking) - so you appreciate and savour the success.

I hope Melbourne, Brisbane and Easts one day get to experience how multiple spoons in a row feel.

Raiderdave

First Grade
The reality is all these ‘fans in name only’ are who keep the whole league running. As uncomfortable as it is for some TV revenue is what keeps the lights on.
we can have both , about 350K sydneysiders watched that game on TV today
probably 60 or 70K fans of the 2 sides supposedly
a few more of them need to stop with the excuses & step up & be real fans for once
be seen , be heard by their teams

Last edited:

Last Week

Bench
We had some success in 97-01 (and blips in 06 and 13) but we never took it for granted, because we sucked hard pre-97 (and in between the blips).

I would think the Cowboys supporters would be the same - yes you have been contenders, but you never forget the pain of prolonged suckiness (although I think we now take the NRL-era crown for consistently sucking) - so you appreciate and savour the success.

I hope Melbourne, Brisbane and Easts one day get to experience how multiple spoons in a row feel.

Been a Parramatta fan since I was born in 88. Too late to turn back now!

Also, we have you covered for prolonged suckiness since Newcastle's inception.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I keep seeing this "be real fans" bullshit and just, take off the forum glasses and realise that for the most part, those people are the ones at the game. The core.

What the NRL and its clubs aren't doing well at the moment is attracting the casuals and outer-core fans to come more often. Those people don't need to be belittled or admonished for their non-attendance, they need to be encouraged or coaxed to attend.

I don't understand how there's any benefit to putting shit on people who don't turn up - especially when not one of them would be on this forum reading such pointless insults.

insert.pause

First Grade

franklin2323

Immortal
Can’t speak for every Sydney rl fan

But I bet my bottom dollar once we get a recognised home, and when Parra stadium is complete we play out of Cambo and leave the parra stadium for the big games. Leichhardt gets the game for heritage round & ANZ for Easter Monday. Settled

I have a mate only a member at Campbelltown I am sure many are like that just need a proper home

Raiderdave

First Grade
I keep seeing this "be real fans" bullshit and just, take off the forum glasses and realise that for the most part, those people are the ones at the game. The core.

What the NRL and its clubs aren't doing well at the moment is attracting the casuals and outer-core fans to come more often. Those people don't need to be belittled or admonished for their non-attendance, they need to be encouraged or coaxed to attend.

I don't understand how there's any benefit to putting shit on people who don't turn up - especially when not one of them would be on this forum reading such pointless insults.

Making observations on a discussion based forum
Now that's odd isn't it.

Latest posts