What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

carcharias

Immortal
not the point here
a Sydney expert on Canberra (LoL) claimed we're a country town with everything as close as a walk to the corner store

but lets try his 12 times worse traffic theory shall we ?
12 X 40 mins
any 8 hour round trips in Sydney ?

40 mins is nothing
It takes me 40 to get from Engadine to Hurstville every single morning.

He was being generous too
I reckon Sydney traffic is 20 times worse than Canberra.
I have gone to work in Canberra since the 90’s.
Piece of piss to get around compared to here.

Raiderdave

First Grade
40 mins is nothing

hahaha
yeah its tough up there hey
only a twit would live there LOL

taipan

Referee
closely populated
LOL
Canberras most Nthn Suburb .. Moncrief & its most Sthn .. Gordon /Banks
are 45kms apart

now who knows nothing about anything

This coming from an apparent expert on Sydney geography and transport issues.Pot calling Kettle in operation champ.
Cronulla to Penrith 72kms

Takes you an 1 1/2 hrs to get there does it?

By comparison to a well laid out transport infrastructure and by comparison within the total area compared to Sydney's, it is closely populated transport wise to Brucie Stadium.

taipan

Referee
ah
Perth population 2.1 Million people
the Shire 210,000

theres a difference Id think right there

ACT population 403,466(twice the Shires)
Crowds averaging about 11-12,000
Maybe Perth deserves a team that appreciates rugby league.

BTW density Canberra 1,300 per square mile
Sydney 1,237 per square mile.
I repeat Canberra closely populated.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
hahaha
yeah its tough up there hey
only a twit would live there LOL

Parts of Sydney are woeful
My part is unreal
I can be down the south coast in 1/2 hr
I can walk to the train station and be in town in 1 hr
Or the airport.
I’m 5 mins drive from the Royal National Park .
I can be on the expressway heading west in 30 mins.
Heading north...not so flash.

Mister M

Juniors
If the NRL has learnt there lesson from having a side in an 'isolated geographical location', it will never place a team in Perth. Perth is one of the most geographically isolated cities in the world.

ah
Perth population 2.1 Million people
the Shire 210,000

theres a difference Id think right there

Not sure what a 'locations' internal population has to do with how geographically isolated it is?

Perth is over 2,150km away from another city of over 1 million people, thus according to Bill Bryson makes Perth the most geographically isolated 'major' city in the world.

But continue your rant about how everyone other than Canberra is shit, rather than actually contribute anything that resembles intellectual thought.

not the point here
a Sydney expert on Canberra (LoL) claimed we're a country town with everything as close as a walk to the corner store

but lets try his 12 times worse traffic theory shall we ?
12 X 40 mins
any 8 hour round trips in Sydney ?

Takes about that long to get out of Bondi on a hot summers day :rolling_eyes:

Billythekid

First Grade
80K would be a good crowd IMO. I'm just dreading the next few weeks of NRL crowds as SOO gets underway. Sucks that we still have this massive interruption to the season.

I'm desperately hoping the standalone weekend is a monstrous success so that the NRL will FINALLY give SOO the 3-4 week standalone period it needs both for the strength of SOO and the NRL. It will be one of the greatest things that ever happens to our game in this country IMO.

greenBV4

Bench
I'm desperately hoping the standalone weekend is a monstrous success so that the NRL will FINALLY give SOO the 3-4 week standalone period it needs both for the strength of SOO and the NRL. It will be one of the greatest things that ever happens to our game in this country IMO.

If and when more teams are added and we have a 18 or 20 team comp, that also means their will potentially be more games, I wouldn't mind seeing the season spit in 2, and having a "break" mid way. that way there wouldn't be any need for byes, origin and other rep games could slot into this period, and teams get to have a refresher

It would be interesting to see if teams that went bad in the first half, come back with a new game plan and smashed it in the second half

Raiderdave

First Grade
Thurs .. 6K maybe ( yikes )
Fri ... 12K ( a shame , it should be double that )
Sat ... 10K ... no effect by origin , but a pack of busteds playing another pack of busteds at an unpopular venue
Sun 12K ... an enticing encounter , the Tigers will like their chances of making it 2-0 against the chooks in 2018

Marlins

Juniors
If and when more teams are added and we have a 18 or 20 team comp, that also means their will potentially be more games, I wouldn't mind seeing the season spit in 2, and having a "break" mid way. that way there wouldn't be any need for byes, origin and other rep games could slot into this period, and teams get to have a refresher

It would be interesting to see if teams that went bad in the first half, come back with a new game plan and smashed it in the second half
Definitely man.
18-20 Team Comp
22 Rounds split in the middle for a 3 Week Origin period. Pacific Cup tournament during that period. It would also solve the issue of the Kiwis n poms playing a mid year test. Solve player fatigue.

Teddyboy

First Grade
40 mins is nothing

Going to work from Peakhurst to redfern every morning and back was a bastard so I know Sydney is a bugger to get a round.

Latest posts