What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I find it interesting that there are a lot of people on here willing to throw shit at Jimmy Maloney and yet, Mal has named him as one of two people in contention for the vacant Australian No.7 Jersey...

It’s almost as if Meninga is a different person with his own opinions! I know, weird right?

franklin2323

Immortal
You honestly think these players arent capable of finding that extra point this year or try last year?

The players are good enough. They just need to be fit and firing in the finals. I mean very few of them played well and we were only a point away from Sharks.

These players are good enough to win (or almost win) 80 minutes games with only ~20 minutes or so of good football. The talent is there. Its just a matter of finding a coach who can use the talent to its potential.

Yes the top few coaches have us worked out.

OldPanther

Coach
I find it interesting that there are a lot of people on here willing to throw shit at Jimmy Maloney and yet, Mal has named him as one of two people in contention for the vacant Australian No.7 Jersey...

It was more his injuries that did him in. Needed a rest and didn't get it until he busted his knee. Couldn't tackle due to neck injury but played Sharks final resulting in a terrible game personally.

franklin2323

Immortal
They have the Anthony Griffin coached Panthers worked out*

Mansour is still going to be slow and can't jump. Whare and DWZ were the same players when Ivan was coaching

We are still going to have only the halves creating stuff. I am sure the dumb errors and Penalties and weren't a coaches plan.

So I fail to see where we improve enough to make a Prelim or GF

Pilot house

Juniors
Maloney is a mighty player now but about to enter a long decline. In which case, should be stealing a young doughnut douhie from Souths.

Kilkenny

Coach
Disappointing performance by the NYC boys this afternoon in losing to the Sharks.

Error riddled performance.

Thought when we got back level at 12 all we had them covered but basically handed the game to them with our lack of discipline, dropped ball and penalties conceded.

betcats

Referee

Ok I guess this means Jimmy had a great game against the sharks...

betcats

Referee
The Burgess boys won a comp in 2014 though. Teams always need a re tool after winning the comp. I guess we will see but people here seem to over hype players

Their form had been way down for two seasons at least, the twins especially. A new coach got them back to their best. Same as Gi actually, he’s fitter and fresher than he’s been in years.

Dean pays dogs finished the year looking like a top 8 side, that’s with cap dramas, rookie halves and lots of changes in the team and probably their highest paid player missing most of the year.

A good coach makes such a big difference. Hook was not a good coach, not at all. Just having a rookie who’s willing to accept help will change things so much for the team. Hook was the most one dimensional coach I’ve seen at this level.

franklin2323

Immortal
Their form had been way down for two seasons at least, the twins especially. A new coach got them back to their best. Same as Gi actually, he’s fitter and fresher than he’s been in years.

Dean pays dogs finished the year looking like a top 8 side, that’s with cap dramas, rookie halves and lots of changes in the team and probably their highest paid player missing most of the year.

A good coach makes such a big difference. Hook was not a good coach, not at all. Just having a rookie who’s willing to accept help will change things so much for the team. Hook was the most one dimensional coach I’ve seen at this level.

They still had the core from 2014. Players don't lose the talent sometimes coaches come stale as it looked like Maguire did.

Let's look at the last few premiers:

Storm have Smith and Slater to help with the ball playing.

Sharks had Barba and Graham to help the ball players.

Cows had Coote helping out with kicking etc

Souths had Luke and GI.

I can't remember any having a poor winger defensively as Mansour.

A new coach will help us run up scores v the weaker teams and stuff like that but I don't see the strike power when we get to back end of the comp

betcats

Referee
They still had the core from 2014. Players don't lose the talent sometimes coaches come stale as it looked like Maguire did.

Let's look at the last few premiers:

Storm have Smith and Slater to help with the ball playing.

Sharks had Barba and Graham to help the ball players.

Cows had Coote helping out with kicking etc

Souths had Luke and GI.

I can't remember any having a poor winger defensively as Mansour.

A new coach will help us run up scores v the weaker teams and stuff like that but I don't see the strike power when we get to back end of the comp

We cant win a premiership because of Mansour now? lol what the hell.

I'm just talking about the effect of coaching and what a big difference coaching can make. The bunnies had the core of a premiership side still there but they weren't in the top four or anywhere near it where they? New coach comes in, give cook the reigns and gets the forwards aiming up and look how much better they went.

You keep trying to say we cant win a premiership with this squad, im not buying that at all.

tripster

Juniors
Disappointing performance by the NYC boys this afternoon in losing to the Sharks.

Error riddled performance.

Thought when we got back level at 12 all we had them covered but basically handed the game to them with our lack of discipline, dropped ball and penalties conceded.

It was great to be able to watch it online, but the performance did remind me a lot of our first grade team. I think a key turning point was, at 12 all, we did a lot of great defence on our own line. The Sharks then turned it over, and we were rolling back up out of our own end, and then after being tackled our number 8 got up and shoved one of the tacklers. There was nothing in it - it was the sort of thing you see in first grade all the time, but the referee penalised us. We were then on the back foot for most of the rest of the game and had limited possession. The next time we got down to the Sharks end we also rushed it and turned the ball over.

betcats

Referee
No, it means he had a great season and deserves more support from the fans of his club.

He played two good games for us since origin, the rest were terrible. Seriously that's no exaggeration, go and look at the results and remember how he played. He started well then went down hill quickly.
He is supposed to be a big game player and he not just went missing but was completely shithouse doing everything wrong against the sharks.

franklin2323

Immortal
We cant win a premiership because of Mansour now? lol what the hell.

I'm just talking about the effect of coaching and what a big difference coaching can make. The bunnies had the core of a premiership side still there but they weren't in the top four or anywhere near it where they? New coach comes in, give cook the reigns and gets the forwards aiming up and look how much better they went.

You keep trying to say we cant win a premiership with this squad, im not buying that at all.

Mansour is problem. Have you ever seen him beat anyone in the air? He is hit or miss when he comes in but teams like the Roosters use the crossfield kick. He'd be no chance of winning the contest.

Who knows what an off season can do for players. Someone may come from the clouds like Cook did but for me. I am a Whare fan but DWZ should be centre and Edwards wing and find a ball playing fullback or move Yeo to lock and get a 2nd rower that can kick or something

Latest posts