1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

2020 R16 Sat - Panthers 30-6 Wests Tigers @ Panthers

Discussion in 'Game Day Spoilers / Match Discussion' started by LeagueUnlimited News, Aug 23, 2020.

?

Round 16: Panthers v Wests Tigers

Poll closed Aug 29, 2020.
  1. Penrith Panthers

85.0%
  2. Wests Tigers

15.0%
  3. Draw after Golden Point

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MilkShark

MilkShark First Grade

Easy points in the bag

2. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

I think we are too young but guys like Api and co with the big game experience to stand up

3. MilkShark

MilkShark First Grade

Don’t write yourselves off, I could see you guys in there also.

You guys have also been extremely lucky with injuries this year, just like we were in 2016. You need luck to win it

4. GongPanther

GongPanther Referee

jealousy, spite because their season is done, or just trolling. Its all banter.

5. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Yeah this place would be boring without that

6. The_Frog

The_Frog Juniors

If its not this year, it'll be next year, or the year after that. Time is on our side.

7. MilkShark

MilkShark First Grade

You have a good range of of experienced and younger guys, not to compare you guys to us again but that’s also what we had when we won it.

Api has been really good. Is he signed beyond this year?

8. MilkShark

MilkShark First Grade

As long as you can keep your spine together. I don’t know what your player contracts look like

9. Blues Riff

Blues Riff Juniors

10. JamesRustle

JamesRustle Bench

Well, either way, it's always a massive choke when the MP misses the GF

11. Pugzley

Pugzley Guest

Don’t be like that, mate. You can still still make the finals if you win the last couple of games. Everybody at the Tigpies should pull their sleeves up and......

GongPanther likes this.
  12. The_Frog

The_Frog Juniors

To the end of '22,

13. Aliceinwonderland

Aliceinwonderland Bench

You seem to forget he's played in 2 origin series. Winning side both times, Penrith also played finals in 16,17, 18 too.

sensesmaybenumbed and Dodgy like this.
  14. age.s

age.s First Grade

I think it's fair to say we haven't been truly tested yet. Playing week 1/2 of the finals as also rans is different to going into week 3/4 as favorites. Similarly beating Melbourne/Roosters in the first half of the regular season is different to beating them in a prelim or GF. We're doing everything we can but you never really know how it'll shake out till we get there. While a good chunk of the team has played in reasonably big games, there are also guys like Luai, Naden, Crichton, To'o who are very much unknown quantities under pressure.

That said, the Storm have been found wanting at the pointy end the last few years so I'm not sure they're the benchmark. The Roosters are a different matter but whether they'll have the troops is unclear. Ditto the Raiders. Parra appear to be falling off. Souths look hot atm but Latrell is a big out. Knights and Sharks are a tier below class wise. There's significant question marks about everyone atm.

Aliceinwonderland likes this.
  15. super_coach

super_coach Bench

What I took out of tonight...Penrith are a very good team but not sure how they will go against the experienced quality sides like Storm and Chooks in the big end of season games.
    The other thing is Cummins has gone a mile backwards from his disastrous GF last year. He is a terrible ref with absolutely no feel for a game. He rides the favourite every week. Don’t get me wrong, Riff were always going to win, but Cummins was going to let it get close

16. Pantherjim.

Pantherjim. Coach

I’d rather not “embrace the hate“ I don’t want us to be associated with the likes of the Roosters or the Storm.

I’ve been a Penrith Supporter since my early teens, and this season feels very different to the last times we were this successful in 91’ and 2003. Back then, we were everyone’s favourite second team. Smugness and Arrogance is an Avenue I don’t want us to take.

GongPanther and gerg like this.
  17. betcats

betcats Coach

Rubbish. We have played every top 8 side since the return except the roosters. We haven’t played the two bottom sides yet.

18. betcats

betcats Coach

They don’t like the way we celebrate now....you know the team is doing well when that’s all they have

GongPanther and Abacus like this.
  19. 10$ Ferret

10$ Ferret Juniors

Penrith are just doing nearly everything right, just being consistent and always sticking to their plan. Thats so much better than any flash and its harder to do. Its a coaches dream. Can they continue, maybe but things do change come finals time.

But I have to have a dig as they can teach Parra lessons about diving and teach a Matthew Ridge Manly team things about being sooks, even though they are winning. Despite how well they are going I just can not respect Cleary snr, its obvious from his actions in getting to Penrith and his comments over the last year or so he is a spoilt dick and you can see where his team get that sookiness from

20. Valheru

Valheru Coach

For your sake I hope the players aren't thinking along those grounds because things change very quickly in footy.

Ask the 2012 dogs, 2016 raiders, 2017 eels, 2019 raiders and of course your mob from 2014 who are all still waiting.

They need to be like the 2015 cowboys and 2016 sharks (who both fell off the following year) because the time is now for Penrith, they won't get a better opportunity than this.

The roosters and storm are exceptions to the rule in that they always give themselves a chance. Your coach has proven multiple times he can't back up a very good season the following year.

Abacus likes this.