What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

I can just see Richo parked out the front of lattrells in his Lamborghini with a phone in one hand (waiting for dispensation news) and a contract in the other.

Madge and Pascoe have broken into The Telstra substation trying to block incoming calls and have the 12th doing Sam impersonations:

“ aye richo, nooo to dispensation my lad, nrl doctor thinks I can work as a gear steward.”

Rabbits20

Immortal
There are rumours that Zane Tetevano could be headed our way too.

That’d be a solid signing for sure.

Speaking hypothetically here but if the following were to happen would we be happy?......

We get Sam’s dispensation cleared
Gagai leaves to another club.

We then bring in Latrell, Arrow and Tetevano.

Don’t know about you guys, but I’d be very happy with that.

My only issue would be Arrow and Tetevano aren’t second rowers and that’s what we are short on but there isn’t much available as we know!

If we don’t get another second rower Murray or Knight might have to play there if injuries hit.

Oh and also I want Murray signed long term.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I reckon Latrell is 100% going to you guys from 2021 onwards but hell will freeze over before Uncle Nick gives him an early release to Souths.

He'll play for the Bears next year.

southsport

First Grade
I reckon Latrell is 100% going to you guys from 2021 onwards but hell will freeze over before Uncle Nick gives him an early release to Souths.

Uncle Nick would normally play hardball but I think they may want to free up $$$ to sign Xerri.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Wouldn’t be a good look for you guys and could be an unwarranted distraction imo.

My Rorters mates (I have a couple) are saying surely Latrell won’t come to Souths and I’m telling them as each day goes on where Latrell doesn’t sign with Tigers gets me more confident he’s coming to us, like from what I’ve heard most of his family go for Souths, he lives in the heart of Souths territory, he’s indigenous etc............ he’s a good fit for us and if he has his lazy patches I’m sure his diehard old man Souths supporter will be on his case.

But if you guys are happy to play a 600k player or whatever he’s on in reserve grade that’s better for teams trying to beat you guys lol...........

You guys will still be top 4, but I don’t think you’ll make it a three peat with Cronk retired and Latrell as you say there is a chance he will just be playing for Norths.

If you have a target you want though for centre ASAP it’d be in your best interests to just release Latrell.

Very interesting times!

We would be ok next season with Douiehi at fullback anyhow til Latrell got here and us not paying Latrell for 2020 means if we are to get Arrow which is likely we would have spare cash for that second reasonable forward we need, someone like a Tetevano.

Also would give us more time to shaft Gagai and AJ along, so it’s not all doom and gloom for us if we have to wait for Latrell.

ApexRabbitoh

Juniors
Wouldn’t be a good look for you guys and could be an unwarranted distraction imo.

My Rorters mates (I have a couple) are saying surely Latrell won’t come to Souths and I’m telling them as each day goes on where Latrell doesn’t sign with Tigers gets me more confident he’s coming to us, like from what I’ve heard most of his family go for Souths, he lives in the heart of Souths territory, he’s indigenous etc............ he’s a good fit for us and if he has his lazy patches I’m sure his diehard old man Souths supporter will be on his case.

But if you guys are happy to play a 600k player or whatever he’s on in reserve grade that’s better for teams trying to beat you guys lol...........

You guys will still be top 4, but I don’t think you’ll make it a three peat with Cronk retired and Latrell as you say there is a chance he will just be playing for Norths.

If you have a target you want though for centre ASAP it’d be in your best interests to just release Latrell.

Very interesting times!

We would be ok next season with Douiehi at fullback anyhow til Latrell got here and us not paying Latrell for 2020 means if we are to get Arrow which is likely we would have spare cash for that second reasonable forward we need, someone like a Tetevano.

Also would give us more time to shaft Gagai and AJ along, so it’s not all doom and gloom for us if we have to wait for Latrell.
That’s if we get Arrow, want to get rid of AJ & Gagai etc.. are there any truth to these rumours or is it just wishful thinking?

Travitoh

First Grade
Not super keen on Tetevano. 29 years old and has never been a consistent starter.
Not a bad player but i feel he plays a role that Souths already have guys capable of filling. What is needed is a starting stud in the middle like Jai Arrow.
Jai Arrow should be at the top of the shopping list imo as i believe he not only brings rep calibre talent to a position that is lacking a bit but will also bring leadership to a squad that has lost it's three big dogs.
Outside of a starting prop, i don't see the point in adding any more middles to a squad that isn't lacking in first grade options.

Rabbits20

Immortal
That’s if we get Arrow, want to get rid of AJ & Gagai etc.. are there any truth to these rumours or is it just wishful thinking?
There are more rumours about Gagai being on the outer moreso than what I’m hearing re AJ right now.

Issue moving Gagai on is who will wanna take him and pay him 700k a season?........

I wish I could have the answer for you but I don’t......

ApexRabbitoh

Juniors
There are more rumours about Gagai being on the outer moreso than what I’m hearing re AJ right now.

Issue moving Gagai on is who will wanna take him and pay him 700k a season?........

I’d be more than happy to see the back of them tbh. Gagai played good for The Knights but since coming to Souths he has been average at best. AJ has had good patches but hasn’t shown much. Is it South Sydney’s playing style or the players??

handyman2190

Bench

Who would u rather, gagai at 700k or mitchel at 1mill,if gagai goes 300 more gets some1 better