What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Goneski at the end of next season by the look of it but how many good years will be left in him after that?
Glad you don't run the club or recruitment.

According to you, Reynolds was on $900K, but we got $1 mil in cap space, and the player who broke club and NRL records this season will be washed up the following season?

😂😂😂😂😂😂

southsport

First Grade
Glad you don't run the club or recruitment.

According to you, Reynolds was on $900K, but we got $1 mil in cap space, and the player who broke club and NRL records this season will be washed up the following season?

😂😂😂😂😂😂
When you've got the guts to meet me face to face for a coffee then you can talk, until then you and the yellow stripe down your back can go and play with your dolls chicken man. ;)

Gotta admit, I'm starting to become a little concerned about Cody. November 1st is on Monday and is very quickly approaching and I don't like the idea of going to the open market.

While I think he genuinely is Souths to the bone, the fact that nothing has been sorted yet is a concern. I agree with Handy, at this stage, no news is bad news.

Praying it all works out for us and he re-signs.
It's a players market now for those able to negotiate so a lot of players will be waiting for November for the offers from a number of current clubs and the dolphins to roll in.

handyman2190

Bench
1 of the problems souths have , and ive said it before, dogs got gus,broncos got ikin, dolphins poached sullivan, etc who have we got? Makeshift team manager,recruiter,negotiator ,deal maker,jack of all trades and no time to do any properly,Ello, with GM Solly who may be a good administrator but knows jack about recruitment or negotiating, until we get a dedicated recruitment/negotiator/dealmaker at our club we will always come 3rd

Ahh check your records, he and the butcher brothers were Souths juniors poached by the rorters after an agreement was made not to touch each other’s players

Which Junior areas though - maybe those areas they came from were once Chook ones - remembering the theft of Chooks areas in the 1910's/1930's and 1950's by Souffs

They came through the Junior pathways at the Chooks - SG Ball/NYC/20's and were not NRL players when they signed with the Chooks though-Chooks developed them into NRL players

Nat Butcher and Paul Momirovski played in the Roosters victorious NYC side in 2016 that beat Penrith 30-28 in the GF after being down 28-6 at Half time. I still remember Johns at half time saying no chance the Chooks could come back and the Riff will put 50 plus on the Chooks and win easily and the Riff have won it already etc.

Other players in that side or who played in that side include during the year - Joey Manu/Victor Radley/Sitilli Tupouniua/ Lachlan Lam/Ben and Jessie Marschke/ Ben Thomas - all still at the Chooks / Latrell Mitchell plus others currently or will be playing NRL in 2022 - Poasa Faamausili and Jackson Hastings.

Mitchell and Hastings weren't able to play in the finals series as a result of playing NRL and not qualifying

Last edited:

BradS

Juniors
Which Junior areas though - maybe those areas they came from were once Chook ones - remembering the theft of Chooks areas in the 1910's/1930's and 1950's by Souffs

They came through the Junior pathways at the Chooks - SG Ball/NYC/20's and were not NRL players when they signed with the Chooks though-Chooks developed them into NRL players

Nat Butcher and Paul Momirovski played in the Roosters victorious NYC side in 2016 that beat Penrith 30-28 in the GF after being down 28-6 at Half time. I still remember Johns at half time saying no chance the Chooks could come back and the Riff will put 50 plus on the Chooks and win easily and the Riff have won it already etc.

Other players in that side or who played in that side include during the year - Joey Manu/Victor Radley/Sitilli Tupouniua/ Lachlan Lam/Ben and Jessie Marschke/ Ben Thomas - all still at the Chooks / Latrell Mitchell plus others currently or will be playing NRL in 2022 - Poasa Faamausili and Jackson Hastings.

Mitchell and Hastings weren't able to play in the finals series as a result of playing NRL and not qualifying
The rorters have no junior base

they never had a junior base

Vaucluse Bondi and Paddington are not really participants of such a vile uncouth sport like NRL and much prefer the prestige of union

my guess is you are from Blacktown where most of the rorters supporters live. Only wish you could live in a rich area

ohitsyou

Juniors
The rorters have no junior base

they never had a junior base

Vaucluse Bondi and Paddington are not really participants of such a vile uncouth sport like NRL and much prefer the prestige of union

my guess is you are from Blacktown where most of the rorters supporters live. Only wish you could live in a rich area
Don’t worry we’ll keep “ poaching talent” and playing for premierships meanwhile you guys “ develop “ and play for nothing. One in 50. Remember that. :)

BradS

Juniors
Don’t worry we’ll keep “ poaching talent” and playing for premierships meanwhile you guys “ develop “ and play for nothing. One in 50. Remember that. :)
Yep and with 43 years to catch up, there was just not enough talent

also we have 21 and I know that burns every Blacktown rorter supporter

Reactions: jak

southsport

First Grade
Peter Badel
October 30, 2021 - 2:50PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Souths superstar Cody Walker has stayed loyal to the Rabbitohs in a $600,000 Redfern coup that has scuppered any hope of new Dolphins coach Wayne Bennett luring his former pivot to Queensland.

News Corp can reveal Walker has rejected the opportunity to test his value on the open market from Monday, instead inking a one-year extension to continue his career at South Sydney until the end of 2023.

Walker was one of the hottest properties coming off-contract next season and there were fears the Dally M contender could quit Souths and follow Bennett to the Dolphins after forging strong ties with the super coach at the Rabbitohs.

But Walker will not be a marquee signing for Bennett’s Dolphins for their 2023 premiership debut.

The five-eighth has agreed terms on a 12-month contract with the Rabbitohs to formally announce Walker’s retention this week.

The development is a major coup for Bennett’s Souths successor Jason Demetriou, who could not afford to lose Walker given that his halves partner, Adam Reynolds, will link with the Broncos next season.

Bennett had pledged not to deliberately target Souths talent and while he is a huge fan of Walker’s match-winning ability, the former Souths coach was happy to leave the ball in the playmaker’s court.

The 31-year could have attracted offers in excess of $800,000 annually on the open market, but has no interest in a market bidding war and is taking less money to stay with the Souths club that gave Walker his NRL debut in 2016.

The former NSW Origin pivot enjoyed the best season of his career in 2021, finishing third in Dally M Medal voting as his playmaking brilliance powered the Rabbitohs to the grand final against Penrith.

While Walker had a bitter-sweet decider, throwing the intercept pass for Stephen Crichton’s premiership-winning try, he finished the season with a league-high 33 try assists and 46 line-break assists.

Speaking to News Corp in the lead-up to the NRL grand final, Walker, who turns 32 in January, said he was happy at Souths and was hoping to extend his career at Redfern to an eighth season.

“I absolutely love the club,” he said. “I love everything about Souths and my kids love the club, so I can’t see why I wouldn’t stay.

“You never know what the future can hold, but I can’t see myself playing for another club.

“It would be nice to finish my career here.”

Bennett has his work cut out delivering a big-name recruit as the Dolphins’ first signing.

Melbourne has taken up the option on star hooker Harry Grant for 2023, the Titans have tabled a monster $3.3 million deal to Queensland Origin forward Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and now Walker is staying put at South Sydney.

In the absence of Reynolds next season, Walker will assume more responsibility as Souths’ No.1 playmaker and he is hoping to retain the No.6 jumper following the signing of Broncos pivot Anthony Milford.

“I am looking forward to playing with a guy like ‘Milf’,” Walker said earlier this month.

“That is a bit down the track at the moment, but in time I hope we can be a successful combination.

“I’d like to stay at six so we’ll see what ‘JD’ (Demetriou) decides to do.

“The one thing Souths will do for Milf is provide the right environment for him. They are a club that cares for its players.

“Milf can come here with no expectation, or at least less expectation that he had at Brisbane.

“He is capable of playing a number of roles, so hopefully Milf comes here with a great mindset to improve himself and we can have some fun.”

250excf

Juniors
When you've got the guts to meet me face to face for a coffee then you can talk, until then you and the yellow stripe down your back can go and play with your dolls chicken man. ;)
.seems anytime southsport posts are questioned this
Peter Badel
October 30, 2021 - 2:50PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Souths superstar Cody Walker has stayed loyal to the Rabbitohs in a $600,000 Redfern coup that has scuppered any hope of new Dolphins coach Wayne Bennett luring his former pivot to Queensland.

News Corp can reveal Walker has rejected the opportunity to test his value on the open market from Monday, instead inking a one-year extension to continue his career at South Sydney until the end of 2023.

Walker was one of the hottest properties coming off-contract next season and there were fears the Dally M contender could quit Souths and follow Bennett to the Dolphins after forging strong ties with the super coach at the Rabbitohs.

But Walker will not be a marquee signing for Bennett’s Dolphins for their 2023 premiership debut.

The five-eighth has agreed terms on a 12-month contract with the Rabbitohs to formally announce Walker’s retention this week.

The development is a major coup for Bennett’s Souths successor Jason Demetriou, who could not afford to lose Walker given that his halves partner, Adam Reynolds, will link with the Broncos next season.

Bennett had pledged not to deliberately target Souths talent and while he is a huge fan of Walker’s match-winning ability, the former Souths coach was happy to leave the ball in the playmaker’s court.

The 31-year could have attracted offers in excess of $800,000 annually on the open market, but has no interest in a market bidding war and is taking less money to stay with the Souths club that gave Walker his NRL debut in 2016.

The former NSW Origin pivot enjoyed the best season of his career in 2021, finishing third in Dally M Medal voting as his playmaking brilliance powered the Rabbitohs to the grand final against Penrith.

While Walker had a bitter-sweet decider, throwing the intercept pass for Stephen Crichton’s premiership-winning try, he finished the season with a league-high 33 try assists and 46 line-break assists.

Speaking to News Corp in the lead-up to the NRL grand final, Walker, who turns 32 in January, said he was happy at Souths and was hoping to extend his career at Redfern to an eighth season.

“I absolutely love the club,” he said. “I love everything about Souths and my kids love the club, so I can’t see why I wouldn’t stay.

“You never know what the future can hold, but I can’t see myself playing for another club.

“It would be nice to finish my career here.”

Bennett has his work cut out delivering a big-name recruit as the Dolphins’ first signing.

Melbourne has taken up the option on star hooker Harry Grant for 2023, the Titans have tabled a monster $3.3 million deal to Queensland Origin forward Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and now Walker is staying put at South Sydney.

In the absence of Reynolds next season, Walker will assume more responsibility as Souths’ No.1 playmaker and he is hoping to retain the No.6 jumper following the signing of Broncos pivot Anthony Milford.

“I am looking forward to playing with a guy like ‘Milf’,” Walker said earlier this month.

“That is a bit down the track at the moment, but in time I hope we can be a successful combination.

“I’d like to stay at six so we’ll see what ‘JD’ (Demetriou) decides to do.

“The one thing Souths will do for Milf is provide the right environment for him. They are a club that cares for its players.

“Milf can come here with no expectation, or at least less expectation that he had at Brisbane.

“He is capable of playing a number of roles, so hopefully Milf comes here with a great mindset to improve himself and we can have some fun.”
But he’s use by date is up after 22 remember

southsport

First Grade
But he’s use by date is up after 22 remember
I sure got a couple of you biting with that one didn't I?

Seeing that your English comprehension isn't so good, I said that he will be approaching his used by date at the end of 2022 not that he will be at his used by date, just like Sutto he can't go on forever, one year extension seems strange though.

Latest posts