What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Targets

cb4

First Grade
Nathan Brown is player off contract certainly fits sharks mould of a forward,
I know we got McInnes, would Brown be surplus to our needs
The only way I would entertain Nathan Brown is if Fifita retired.
Otherwise, he would be more cash tied up in a spot we have decent depth.
We need a Fullback and a Halfback.

Stake Removed

First Grade
The only way I would entertain Nathan Brown is if Fifita retired.
Otherwise, he would be more cash tied up in a spot we have decent depth.
We need a Fullback and a Halfback.
1. ??
6. Johnson I guess we retain him
7. ??
9. Brailey

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
How does a player option work?.... is it for an agreed amount that is pre-set or is it negotiated once the player takes up the option. I can see the benefit in a club option but a player option not so much.

sharkman73

Juniors
How does a player option work?.... is it for an agreed amount that is pre-set or is it negotiated once the player takes up the option. I can see the benefit in a club option but a player option not so much.

It would be a set amount otherwise it's worthless.

Don't know wtf we were thinking on this one, crazy stuff.

Tiger Shark

Bench

Yeah it would be a pre set amount, perhaps the same amount or different but would be hard to manage the cap it wasn't a set amount

Stake Removed

First Grade
2022 we possibly will need a centre Dugan is going we do have couple young guys coming through.

Would be interesting to see how much Will Hopoate is on, I still think he has some good years in playing in a bad team last few, and the bonus if our fullback gets injured he can cover there

sharkman73

Juniors
2022 we possibly will need a centre Dugan is going we do have couple young guys coming through.

Would be interesting to see how much Will Hopoate is on, I still think he has some good years in playing in a bad team last few, and the bonus if our fullback gets injured he can cover there

Absolutely not to Hopoate. Unless it's a gun like Staggs I see no reason to sign a centre, let Ferris have a crack.

shaggs

Coach

Why would you sign a player who would be the 5th best fullback and centre at the club. he is terrible

ghoti

Bench
Dugan would look good in Jets colours in 2022... I think cb4 suggested it a while back, but if he's happy here, signing him on as cover and as a mentor he'd be a good Tolman-like signing for the three-quarters. Wests did a similar thing with Skandalis in his last years...Benji at Souths etc.. that kinda role is really overlooked and undervalued imo. Rather than getting in a pinch and having to throw in a 19 year old to cover and injury, having someone with experience can be less disruptive.

sharkman73

Juniors
Dugan would look good in Jets colours in 2022... I think cb4 suggested it a while back, but if he's happy here, signing him on as cover and as a mentor he'd be a good Tolman-like signing for the three-quarters. Wests did a similar thing with Skandalis in his last years...Benji at Souths etc.. that kinda role is really overlooked and undervalued imo. Rather than getting in a pinch and having to throw in a 19 year old to cover and injury, having someone with experience can be less disruptive.

He'll only be 31 at the start of next season, I highly doubt he would see himself as a reserve grader.

A lot will depend on how 2021 pans out for him I suppose.

Special K

Coach
Dugan still thinks highly of himself. I mean 18 months ago he called Freddy to let him know he was available for origin. I think that says it all. I reckon he ends up in the ESL on a big deal.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Moroko.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I see a ex shark is on the market Edrick Lee, I know we have 2 quality wingers, would it be worthwhile having a look for 2022

Special K

Coach
He has had one good year in the past 5 or so old Eddie which was 2018 with us. He will be 29 at the end of the season also... Seems ESL bound