What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Targets

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I just read we are shopping SJ around. Apparently Warriors don't want him. Probably not true. Hope it's not.
Bit like the way McInnes got itchy feet when the goons didn’t commit to him beyond the end of the year. If SJ didn’t get his injury I’m guessing he’d have been extended by now. I don’t have a problem waiting to see how successfully he returns to the field before committing such big coin to him.

snout

First Grade
It’s not us shopping him around... it’s his management
Yeah - was in the Oztralian yesterday.
Brett Read.
Had some quotes from SJ prepared to move on but not one that backed up us shopping him around.
The claim about offering to the warriors seemed genuine. Had them making a response of yeah nah. You keep him.
Maybe it was the manager making enquiries.
Maybe he's missing family.

Stake Removed

First Grade
He is off contract so we can't be shopping him around, it would be.more we have told his management we want to see him play again

carinashark

First Grade
Don’t blame us for wanting to see him play first. It our call, and I think we can do better with next years money.

ghoti

Bench
Yeah not shopped around, his manager just trying to find deals to force our hand into re-signing him on good dosh. Doubt he gets what he's on now but hope he stays and is happy to do so

Stake Removed

First Grade
If SJ stays on reduced and 2 year deal with 3rd option in clubs favour nor more then $550k and that's pushing it.

Reynolds for Chad everyday of the week

Stake Removed

First Grade
Nathan Brown is player off contract certainly fits sharks mould of a forward,
I know we got McInnes, would Brown be surplus to our needs

Tiger Shark

Bench
I like him, but I think he would be surplus now.

McInnes is a middle player and I can't see Brown playing on a edge.

Agreed. I think our packs pretty set for the next season or two with the addition of McInnes.

Our edges might need some work but keen to see Wilton develop and Talakai with another season, though he might be better as that middle off the bench that can cover the edge.