What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Targets

Tiger Shark

Bench
Having a good look at McGuire on Sat, hard pass. His best is past him.

On Kennedy I'm not rushing out to extend him ASAP. It's only Rd 4 and the majority of people were not very bullish on Kennedy before the last few weeks. I think it takes more than 4 weeks of footy to get a new contract. If he keeps form up another month give him a beefed up one year deal with an option in our favour perhaps. If he proves to be our long term option great, but if something better comes up we have options atleast.

Rudolf the priority for mine. Can take Woods spot next year in the front row.

Chimp

Bench
Having a good look at McGuire on Sat, hard pass. His best is past him.

On Kennedy I'm not rushing out to extend him ASAP. It's only Rd 4 and the majority of people were not very bullish on Kennedy before the last few weeks. I think it takes more than 4 weeks of footy to get a new contract. If he keeps form up another month give him a beefed up one year deal with an option in our favour perhaps. If he proves to be our long term option great, but if something better comes up we have options atleast.

Rudolf the priority for mine. Can take Woods spot next year in the front row.
I’d keep Woods - he’s very effective when surrounded by higher impact props. He makes a lot of the boring yards and plays the ball quickish with defenders out of position. He’s not my style of prop, I like someone who skittles people in attack and defence, that’s not Woods game, and if you’re needing that type of prop, he’s not your man. But we’ve got that in other players, Woods is good in addition to those blokes.

I’d keep Woods - he’s very effective when surrounded by higher impact props. He makes a lot of the boring yards and plays the ball quickish with defenders out of position. He’s not my style of prop, I like someone who skittles people in attack and defence, that’s not Woods game, and if you’re needing that type of prop, he’s not your man. But we’ve got that in other players, Woods is good in addition to those blokes.
With Woods there is no rush on him, can wait and see will be similar props on market some cheaper as he is 30.
No rush on Woods at all

Dugan - Another wait and see he is 30, there again will be a few on market.
As of today Again can leave south's for next year same age as Dugan less money.
We have some young guys coming through, wait and see here

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
I’d still be looking at Kotoni Staggs to replace Dugan. Good player but maybe the money he demands will price us out of it

Tiger Shark

Bench
Defensively, there aren’t many better Dugan in the centres. He is the rock on either edge. I’m much more confident when he defends out there, compared to games he misses

That’s great but offensively he’s slow as shit and we need more pace out wide

Craigshark

First Grade
I’d like us to keep in no order -

Johnson (if he comes back from injury ok then I think he needs to be locked up pretty quickly before another club pounces. I think there’s a few clubs that will be watching this pretty closely and I think it’d be a disaster to lose him. Realistically who is there that is better that will be available to partner Chad for the next couple of years?)
Rudolf
Talakai
Woods (think he’d stick around on a lot less. Need his experience and metres he offers. Also proving to be pretty fit)
Kennedy (like the idea of 1 year deal with 1 in our favour)
Tracey (again a 1 year deal)

not too fussed either way on moylan or dugan, obviously it’d have to be on a lot less.

Last edited:

shaggs

Coach
That’s great but offensively he’s slow as shit and we need more pace out wide
Why? The pace is from the wingers and full backs. Name one centre who is the fastest in their team?
If you are happy to trade speed for a defensive rock, be my guest. It’s flawed logic. Every NRL side, uses the centres as the defence controller

Tiger Shark

Bench
Why? The pace is from the wingers and full backs. Name one centre who is the fastest in their team?
If you are happy to trade speed for a defensive rock, be my guest. It’s flawed logic. Every NRL side, uses the centres as the defence controller

When did I say fastest? That’s right I didn’t. I said we need more speed. And seeing that the majority of our backline is set bar one position we should be putting more speed there.

I also never said we trade it for defence.

shaggs

Coach
I’d be keeping SJ at $750k. He is still top 6 half in the game. Look at Luke brooks and Moses. Those blokes are laughing all the way to the bank.
If Jerome Hughes left the storm and Johnson was available, Bellamy would be all over it.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
for that sort of role, he’d have to be happy to stick around for $200k max
I guess it depends on how the season pans out on exactly what his role is. Tbh prior to this season I would be happy to f**k him off altogether. I doubt he stays for 200k....will do better elsewhere than that (assuming he gets through this season without major injuries).