What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Targets

Craigshark

First Grade
I don’t think Fitz settles in any position to be fair. I know he was “supportive” of the current crew in the presser but you can take that with a grain of salt. He ain’t coming here to finish 9-16.

Every position is up for grabs... starting with #1 IMO.

I agree. I got the feeling he has players who aren’t necessarily on the market at the moment and a plan in mind and is just holding off to see what other clubs do with the players currently on the market.

Quicksilver

Bench
Okay, do we agree that our greatest needs are:

1. Front-rowers with go-forward and mongrel
2. At least one dominant halfback/five-eighth
3. A decent centre
4. A second hooker

I reckon we have quite a few halves that can be developed, but not one dominant half. The closest we have is SJ...

I am hopeful that our back-rowers will improve with time and experience.

I am happy enough with our back three.

Thoughts?

The forwards need more.

Other than that I’d replace everyone over 30. Not because they’re over 30, but because all our old players have turned bad or spend too long out injured. Maybe keep SJ on. Just can’t have half the squad sitting out most of the time.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Dragons not re-signing Dufty to go after Nico....need to up our offer if we’re trying to get him

There has been no offer. Yet.

I think everyone is too over excited about Hynes. He's a second stringer in a very strong system playing off the back of one of, if not the most potent packs in the comp.

I still have doubts he does what he does now behind the Sharks pack.

So, as a long term investment if the long term plan includes a few "modern day" forward athletes yeah, get him and let him bide his time.

Will Kennedy is as good and plays behind a pack in reverse gear.

Someone is after Will too BTW

Frenzy.

Immortal
I am actually a big fan of Kennedy now and think behind a dominant forward pack and a regular halves pairing he would be unreal. Imagine how good he would look at the Panthers or the Storm. Same player, but it would be chalk and cheese, surrounded by a team where everyone pulls their weight.
Defence is still a bit shaky but that will be learnt with experience and confidence in the clowns in front of him.

He is a natural footy player, you can't teach that.

He'd look as good or better than this Hynes guy people are shooting tadpoles over.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Raiders probably don’t look like a happy place right now. Obviously money talks. Like to think he sticks around especially if his close mate Trindall is our halfback

Chimp

Bench
Fullback is the least of our worries with our current squad - I’m more than happy with Kennedy, we have other positions that need change for more than fullback.

7, 6, 8, 10, 3, 4, 11 are priorities (in that order) before replacing Will.

Get those positions above sorted and Kennedy will flourish further in my opinion.

DJDL

Bench
Is Tracey a Matt Burton kind of centre?

Don't think so. He has the agility, but gives up 7cm in height and 9kg in weight.
He's too slightly built to play centres for mine. Happy to be proven wrong, but I don't see it as a viable long-term solution.

SKIBUR

Juniors
Not only are we fine with Kennedy, I'd rather give Metcalf a go over any of the off contract fullbacks being talked about.

He'll probably leave us and end up as a Paps leaving tigers to the storm scenario. "How did the sharks let him go" type deal.

Not saying we shouldn't be continuing with Kennedy, just that if Kennedy is injured, suspended or we lose him, Metcalf should get first shot.

Fast mobile Props are what's needed for our team.

Tiger Shark

Bench
nope add me to the list. We aren’t winning anything with him at fullback

Not sure people are thinking we will but the priority should be other positions and aside from Hynes which is debatable there’s nothing better in the market.

So focus on our forwards and halves this year then fill the rest when the right players become available.

I do think there’s a very good fullback there and I want him to be a Shark whilst we work that out.

ghoti

Bench
I'd take Bubba at his asking price well before I'd take Hynes at his...it is such a classic case of hype inflated contracts. Hynes has had four very good games (and even then, Kennedy's best performances are to similar standard...running off a bottom eight losing side). Somehow the media has pumped up Hynes' value despite him doing a job in a dominant system on the back of dominant performances... Not saying he's not going places, but buyer beware!

Kennedy's advantage is being happy here, coming through with much of the squad in juniors, knowing the system and showing huge improvement from last year to this year. I think it's a huge mistake and a shit message to our nursery to go for another option in 2022. That's Wests Tigers type thinking, we wanna be thinkin in the Penrith mould with this crop

Latest posts