What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Brian potter

First Grade
Is it?

Can we actually trust the listed capacity on Austadiums?

They've got Salter Oval down as 8500.
Nearly 15k attended the warriors v sharks game.

either way it was one of many NZ stadiums listed.

I quite like the north harbour stadium and the Napier and Christchurch ones.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
They price jnrs well, just $8 behind sticks but families could def be cheaper given costs for food etc for a family ($78 at moment behind sticks, maybe $50 would be more enticing)

Where their pricing is out of kilter is in mains stands, they are usually more than half empty and cost $79 adult $35 kids, $193 families.

it’s no wonder the ends are usually full and the sides empty at aami!
I’ve always noticed that about aami they need to price 10-20 metre line a bit better

t-ba

Post Whore
Nearly 15k attended the warriors v sharks game.

either way it was one of many NZ stadiums listed.

I quite like the north harbour stadium and the Napier and Christchurch ones.

12 years ago. A year ago the capacity of Salter oval was over 50% what it was today. That number is meaningless without further information or examples of capacity more recent than Gangnam Style.

Have a look at those stadiums. I see a motorsport ground and running tracks. Just listing a bunch of grounds that have hosted NRL in the past is not particularly instructive if we're having a go at Salter Oval for being amateurish.

Another thing is financial willingness. McLean Park in Napier has already hosted a game, and why would Auckland pay anyone to play at North Harbour Stadium when they have a side?

Harry O

Juniors
I'm not going to mention which code BUT they claimed that they had 9k at there shiitttyyy game when infact there was no more then 2k there.

It's time we started bullshitting aswell lmfao

Pneuma

First Grade
12 years ago. A year ago the capacity of Salter oval was over 50% what it was today. That number is meaningless without further information or examples of capacity more recent than Gangnam Style.

Have a look at those stadiums. I see a motorsport ground and running tracks. Just listing a bunch of grounds that have hosted NRL in the past is not particularly instructive if we're having a go at Salter Oval for being amateurish.

Another thing is financial willingness. McLean Park in Napier has already hosted a game, and why would Auckland pay anyone to play at North Harbour Stadium when they have a side?
You are making far too much sense here. Wasted on this lad I’m afraid. Fact is clubs make decisions to play at stadiums like this for their own benefit and councils love the publicity it provides and other benefits. Win/win.

t-ba

Post Whore
Attendance aggregate is like 2,949,618.

We are now 205k short of the record aggerate. Every game could be played at Salter Oval and we would nudge that record now.

We need around 400k to beat the average record from 2006. Every game could be played at Shark Park and we would nudge that record now.

Brian potter

First Grade

The warriors had a bye. Perfect opportunity to give rugby fans of Auckland their fix.

Vibing

Juniors
round 23
whats in store ?

Thurs ... an important game but at a stinker of a ground & time
Roosters V Manly SCG 10K
Fri early , Tits kept their slim finals hopes alive today & lots of kiwis on the GC
Titans V Warriors CBUS between 15 -18K
Fri late
Penrith V Melb
what ever it, bluebet, holds 20K plus

Sat 3pm
Cows V Broncos in townsville
even allowing for the time , sellout .. will push 25K

the double header at optus stadium in Perth is heading for 45K plus

Sun 2pm
Parra V Dragons commbank ... brown returns & the cows stumble today keeps the eels well & truly alive

Sun 4pm GIO.. some flat track bully from the green machine in store i think
Raiders V Tigers

t-ba

Post Whore
The warriors had a bye. Perfect opportunity to give rugby fans of Auckland their fix.

Who's paying for it?

There was also a Women's World Cup match on in Eden Park so I doubt they'd be keen on funding another event today.

Last edited:

t-ba

Post Whore
Total crowds on weekend over 120000. Not too bad considering the game in Bundaberg that’s caused so much discussion above.

It's great.

This round, despite having a Gabba affected Crowd, a game in Tamworth and the Bundaberg match actually had an average attendance higher than the 2019 season.