What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Theknightsrule7

Juniors
Have I just slipped into a Alternative Universe ? as when was the Womens Soccer bigger then Rugby league in Brisbane.
Well maybe not always. But a world cup is completely different then an average matildas game that would have got like 15 000 tonight in a friendly.

Had socceroos vibes tonight. I was there at the game tonight too from newcastle.

Pneuma

First Grade
So everyone gets a turn at a shitty Thursday night, I guess
Crowd looked bigger but what would I know as I’ve never paid attention before. Allegedly holds 34000 (?). If that’s the case it looked around 26000. Mind you scheduling what was potentially a top 4 clash on a Thursday night against the Matilda’s wasn’t clever.

yakstorm

First Grade
Crowd looked bigger but what would I know as I’ve never paid attention before. Allegedly holds 34000 (?). If that’s the case it looked around 26000. Mind you scheduling what was potentially a top 4 clash on a Thursday night against the Matilda’s wasn’t clever.
Even if the Matildas were in a different city, it was a poor head-to-head option, but knowing that they would literally be down the run at Suncorp was crazy. They would have been better to swap the match with the Titans v Cowboys clash that they're showing on Sunday.

Vibing

Juniors
Maybe its time to go back to 6 week blocks of TV scheduling , the hype surrounding the WWC would have been more apparent , the Roosters would have been in the bottom 4 etc & the TV schedule could have reflected this

Vee

First Grade
Nein!):

Billythekid

First Grade
Have I just slipped into an Alternative Universe ? as when was the Womens Soccer bigger then Rugby league in Brisbane.
It’s not obviously but there were 50K people at the game and an over a million watching in TV. Combined with competition from the cricket and being on a Thursday that was always going to have an impact.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They did the scheduling back in Nov last year & everyone is wiser with hindsight
The WWC draw and schedule was available before the NRL draw was done. Should've been avoided.
Maybe its time to go back to 6 week blocks of TV scheduling , the hype surrounding the WWC would have been more apparent , the Roosters would have been in the bottom 4 etc & the TV schedule could have reflected this
One game getting a below-par crowd in a year of record-breaking attendances isn't cause to throw everything out and start again.

Suitman

Post Whore
Matildas draw was known before the NRL draw was made. This is an oversight at best by the NRL to schedule any game in Brisbane on the same night.

No it wasn't.
The NRL draw was done in November 2022 and the WWC draw was done in Feb 2023.