What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final Panthers vs Broncos

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I've built the energy (in my sadness) to pop over to the winners side and offer my congratulations.

What an incredible organisation and team you have. I started to believe that we might be the only team to give you a scare late in the season, but knew that it would be incredibly hard to do with our young side, and losing to greatness was not going to sting like 2015 - how wrong I was! Just not like that! Critta and Cleary, wow. While we definitely didn't finish the game off like we should have, I think it's a bit disrespectful to call this a choke (us losing it), to me Penrith (off the back of what felt like Cleary and Critta - was at the stadium and won't rewatch) just came out and won it.

As a sports fan, you're all living my dream and I don't doubt that you'll enjoy it.

betcats

Referee
I've built the energy (in my sadness) to pop over to the winners side and offer my congratulations.

What an incredible organisation and team you have. I started to believe that we might be the only team to give you a scare late in the season, but knew that it would be incredibly hard to do with our young side, and losing to greatness was not going to sting like 2015 - how wrong I was! Just not like that! Critta and Cleary, wow. While we definitely didn't finish the game off like we should have, I think it's a bit disrespectful to call this a choke (us losing it), to me Penrith (off the back of what felt like Cleary and Critta - was at the stadium and won't rewatch) just came out and won it.

As a sports fan, you're all living my dream and I don't doubt that you'll enjoy it.

You definitely gave us a scare I’d say. Epic game overall, just a couple moments got us back in it and over the line. Anyway you guys should be back again next year, the thought of carrigan, haas, mam Walsh playing together for the few seasons is a scary prospect assuming you guys can make that happen.

Well done to you Sir, very classy.
Probably no consolation today, but I thought you had us. The character shown to come back from being pounded in the first half was both brilliant and will hold you in good stead for the future. I think the amount of work you needed to do in the first half showed at the end, and when Cleary and Crichton wrestled the momentum it was too hard to stop.

Bronocs today feel like where we were after 2020. Broncos have a young team and have all the parts to be successful for a while; I look forward to many great games with this side.

betcats

Referee
Crittas a huge loss. He’s been around so long we forget how young he is, just turned 23 last week, He is far from a finished product. The ability he’s shown to deliver in big games consistently at a young age is really quite incredible. He’s easily the best defensive centre in the game, one of the most skilled and he does it on either side. This year from about origin till now he’s the been the best overall centre, he’s had a huge year.

I think we can get similar attacking ouput fron of one of our options to replace him next year(maybe not the clutchness) but the defence? It’s going to be a big drop off from what critta gave us.

It’s good for us too because we got you at Bathurst.

Saved our season.

Might be the only thing keeping our CEO off the streets.

Beating the mighty smug proves there’s a higher power somewhere.

API later said the bad weather helped lol.

The yak

Juniors
Critta’s in season improvement has been ridiculous. Was average at best the first 8 rounds, looked disinterested and couldn’t beat his man to save his life. The player last night was worlds away from that, comfortably the best centre in the game at the moment.

Puts to shame those idiots who wanted to get rid of him early in the season. After he signed with the Dogs.
He delivered again.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Got a lot to say about last but I’ll wait till I’m less hungover for most of it. Nathan deservedly gettin a huge amount of praise for that come back, but I think critta was only a tiny bit less important during that period. The plays he came up with were huge. Diving on the loose ball and offloading to Moses with broncos attack our line at 24-8 was when we started to get momentum back. Then he comes up with two forced dropouts one from about 30 or 40 out and he beats 2-3 defenders through sheer will to score a try. Big game player, gonna be missed.
Interesting that you say Critta was pivotal to our comeback.
When Mam scored his 3rd try it was Critta who was screaming at everyone to get into the huddle. Cleary had his head down as he missed a one on one tackle that lead to that try.
Would love to know what was said in that huddle as we never looked back after it.

Just watched a replay. Cogger helped change the attack. Played real well.
I'd almost of rather kept Crighton and let Luai go based on this seasons form. Crighton has been amazing.
Yep, all orchestrated by Ivan.

Once the panthers smelt blood, the result was inevitable.

Beautiful angle from Nate for his gf winning try. Atomic perfect, thence running free in the in-goal!

Our head of recruitment (Fulton) tried to sign Cogger but the big wussy Benji over rode him and wanted Sezer.

And the 40/20. That gave everyone a massive boost.

Champagne footy.

Last edited:
Critta’s in season improvement has been ridiculous. Was average at best the first 8 rounds, looked disinterested and couldn’t beat his man to save his life. The player last night was worlds away from that, comfortably the best centre in the game at the moment.
I can’t remember the exact turning point but he was great in and post-Origin

Latest posts