What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final Panthers vs Broncos

Goonji

Juniors
I've built the energy (in my sadness) to pop over to the winners side and offer my congratulations.

What an incredible organisation and team you have. I started to believe that we might be the only team to give you a scare late in the season, but knew that it would be incredibly hard to do with our young side, and losing to greatness was not going to sting like 2015 - how wrong I was! Just not like that! Critta and Cleary, wow. While we definitely didn't finish the game off like we should have, I think it's a bit disrespectful to call this a choke (us losing it), to me Penrith (off the back of what felt like Cleary and Critta - was at the stadium and won't rewatch) just came out and won it.

As a sports fan, you're all living my dream and I don't doubt that you'll enjoy it.
Thanks. You learnt a lesson and will be all the better for it. Great game, I thought you had us. All the best for next year.

Pumpkin

Juniors
Despite Penrith's results, I don't think they are the best team I've ever seen. Canberra, Storm and Roosters teams from the past I think have played a higher standard of football.

Despite Penrith's results, I don't think they are the best team I've ever seen. Canberra, Storm and Roosters teams from the past I think have played a higher standard of football.
It depends on how you see the game.

In terms of wins/losses and so forth, this Smug era, is the best 3 three years I’ve ever seen in the game in many decades.

The comeback was enchanting and somewhat miraculous.

It wasn’t pretty, it was uncomfortable, but by the crikey, they got it done.

It’s a case that the sum of all the parts is greater than the individual players.

We given Ivan heaps at the wt forum for many years, but one thing we do not question is what kind of coach he is.

Words cannot properly express this clubs mark on the modern game.

Now I’ve had a chequered past here, for sure. But I’ve owned up. I’m not ashamed either. Due is due.

Thanks for your comments though.

“Words cannot properly express this clubs mark on the modern game.”

@MugaB might add that the rest of us clubs:

“…are simply not worthy of having Penrith in the NRL.”

Fangs

Coach

I've never seen the Roosters perform at our level.

Storm yes but **********************

Canberra uncertain as its only highlights. Didn't see their work in the regular season.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Ha!
Storm routed the cap in the 2000's
Canberra got busted in 1990? If we hadn't been in party mode before the 90GF we probably beat them.

For heart, you can’t beat this seasons gf effort.

I really don’t know what else compares.

That is why the players and co were going right off their heads.

Heart.

0D0DA333-6611-4EFE-BBD1-512A4B965A41.jpeg

We talk about the skills and talents, we marvel at Nate beating 4 or 5 tackles to score the winning try with seconds left.

Ffs he wasted them!

But at the end of the day, our game is often driven by sheer unadulterated emotion.

And it’s in the celebratory huddle that this collegiate state of mind is given full optics.

They should make a realistic and colourised statute of this huddle. Display it in the foyer of the club.

Life size so we can all join in and have photos taken.

I’m a Tigers fan, but I’d be happy to clamber over in my jersey and join in as a tribute.

The sparkle of the win hasn’t dimmed for an moment.

Last edited:
And I think our @SLRBRONCOS would find that the panthers celebrating so fiercely is a sign of deep and heartfelt respect for their illustrious opponents.

Because I think if it didn’t matter so much, the players would be much more casual about scoring.

But it meant everything!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
And I think our @SLRBRONCOS would find that the panthers celebrating so fiercely is a sign of deep and heartfelt respect for their illustrious opponents.

Because I think if it didn’t matter so much, the players would be much more casual about scoring.

But it meant everything!
The Panthers have been the most respectful side to our club tbh. Both Ivan and Nathan have been very complementary for a few months now. The players also spent a lot of time consoling our boys after full time too.

The Panthers have been the most respectful side to our club tbh. Both Ivan and Nathan have been very complementary for a few months now. The players also spent a lot of time consoling our boys after full time too.
Yes.

I think after they got their first recent grand final win out of their system and let go of a few bad apples, they’ve really knuckled down on the character front.

They learned to respect themselves a lot more and this has blossomed into many other areas.

Its significantly added to their overall aura and social influence.

The bratty adolescent, arrogant, sexist, man-child and selfish ways are now a distant memory.

They are role models now. Nate now better understands his power and influence. You see that in his mannerisms, how he conducts himself, what he says.

He even blamed himself for missed tackles after hitting the stratosphere of rugby league glory! Too humble!!

They’ve re-engaged with their heritage and generously anointed it with the crown of being the greatest rugby league club on earth.

Through sheer hard work and exceptional and talented officials making the right decisions.

My bet is that none of their officials are having a genuine break. It’s game on for 2024 once the siren sounded!

I’m thinking they just may get their 7 straight premierships as experts have predicted.

Heaven knows what they will serve up next year?’

Last edited:
I noticed that too. Also Cartwight had the walkie talky like Ivan did.

Kevvie just sat there basically. Is Kevvie actually coaching or is it done by his assistants. Like when he 'coached origin' ?
Yes.

I noticed that when something really bad happened to the Broncos, kevmond barely showed any emotional at all.

I think he’s trained his mind just to accept and move on.

It is a popular rugby league mindset.

Karening on doesn’t help.

Pumpkin

Juniors
Results wise you cannot question the Panthers, but I'm talking about standard of play.

A good analogy is with tennis. Novak Djokovic has won the most grand slams and he's still playing! However, Roger Federer at his best was the most scintillating tennis I've seen.

The Roosters side that went back to back, I feel were playing at a higher level than Penrith.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Results wise you cannot question the Panthers, but I'm talking about standard of play.

A good analogy is with tennis. Novak Djokovic has won the most grand slams and he's still playing! However, Roger Federer at his best was the most scintillating tennis I've seen.

The Roosters side that went back to back, I feel were playing at a higher level than Penrith.
Nope Joker came along in Fed's prime and pushed his shit in

soc123_au

Staff member

Roosters 2018 were shit to start the year, did enough to win, but not a good looking side at all.

Latest posts