What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final Panthers vs Broncos

mxlegend99

Referee
Just thought I’d check in on you guys given the excruciating pain you must all be going through atm. I mean, having a solid erection for four days must be getting pretty sore by now - allowing for the fact that every single one of us here would gladly take that pain but I hope you’re all dealing with it.
You forgot the pain on our wallets. Buying once in a lifetime merchandise every year is expensive.

2021 broke a 17 year drought. Need to buy everything
2022... Our first back to back titles and second team after Roosters to do what was impossible 5 years ago
2023... A 3peat. First team in 40 years to do what may never happen again in a salary cap comp.

You forgot the pain on our wallets. Buying once in a lifetime merchandise every year is expensive.

2021 broke a 17 year drought. Need to buy everything
2022... Our first back to back titles and second team after Roosters to do what was impossible 5 years ago
2023... A 3peat. First team in 40 years to do what may never happen again in a salary cap comp.
The forgotten ‘cost of living crisis’ the politicians haven’t accounted for

soc123_au

Staff member
Just thought I’d check in on you guys given the excruciating pain you must all be going through atm. I mean, having a solid erection for four days must be getting pretty sore by now - allowing for the fact that every single one of us here would gladly take that pain but I hope you’re all dealing with it.
4 days? Try 3 years, I've had a family of Emus build a nest on mine.

Pumpkin

Juniors
If anyone thinks pumpkin is serious I suggest they read his past comments in other forums.
He is chook supporter that can't get over Gould.
His prediction that Parramatta would go on a run mid year and storm into the finals is laughable.
You need to redirect your laughter onto the Parramatta Eels. And you can be like one of those clowns at the fair ground swiveling your head from the Eels to the Rabbitohs, who were both equally a disgrace, with everything going for them and turned in that trash.

All this, while the mighty Roosters, picked themselves off the canvas to storm into the finals against all the odds, winning their first final in one of the most miraculous victories in rugby league history, and being 2 minutes away from a prelim final. All this while being decimated by injury and unfair suspension .

soc123_au

Staff member
You need to redirect your laughter onto the Parramatta Eels. And you can be like one of those clowns at the fair ground swiveling your head from the Eels to the Rabbitohs, who were both equally a disgrace, with everything going for them and turned in that trash.

All this, while the mighty Roosters, picked themselves off the canvas to storm into the finals against all the odds, winning their first final in one of the most miraculous victories in rugby league history, and being 2 minutes away from a prelim final. All this while being decimated by injury and unfair suspension .
The Roosters are yet to beat a good team this decade. Can't see it changing next year either.

The yak

Juniors

On behalf of Panthers LU f**k off.

ACTPanthers

Bench

Now I know you're stoned as f**k brother - Hydro or bush?

Panther Pete

Juniors
For some reason the high I have got out of this GF win is greater than the previous two and I am not sure why, maybe because we were all but gone. I have already watched a full replay of the game twice and watched the last 20 mins a further 4 times. Just wondering if this is normal and if you guys doing the same?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
For some reason the high I have got out of this GF win is greater than the previous two and I am not sure why, maybe because we were all but gone. I have already watched a full replay of the game twice and watched the last 20 mins a further 4 times. Just wondering if this is normal and if you guys doing the same?

Like you I've watched it numerous times too.

I don’t agree with @Pumpkin, I think we must be living in parallel universes.

I’m all for supporting one’s own club, but the comparison, it’s simply too far fetched.

I had my doubts about Penrith, it’s natural, but facts didn’t care about my feelings!

The only question seems to be if they can show us not just another gf but an even better and more enchanting way of winning it.

The next twist in the tail, the next bold statement of rugby league dominance.

How can they improve? It’s a challenging question at the moment.

It’s not a player roster thing, it’s the whole regime.

They just keep building and building…

The roster won’t be as good on paper next year, but they are more likely than not, to play better than this years side.

It’s a club momentum thing.

This is the meaning of the last few years. Smug,

And the Nivan ( Nate and Ivan) factor.

It’s frightening and the nrl has to come to terms with it.

This denial business seems very strange to me.

The broncos were in denial and adopted risky plays. It was farcical, confused and unintelligible.

And the panthers took the broncos sword and stabbed them in the heart with it. Humiliating.

Such a classy win, extraordinary.

And people need to own it, go with it and enjoy it.

Once you do that, you can understand and experience the game at a higher level.

That gf did improve my nrl experience. It was inspiring, I’ve embraced it and I’m pretty happy I have.

Better the Tigers, but it is what it is.

Last edited:

I’ve also watched it numerous times. Last count would be around the 12 mark. I’m still shaking my head in disbelief! How in the name of God did they pull that out of their arse?

I’ve also watched it numerous times. Last count would be around the 12 mark. I’m still shaking my head in disbelief! How in the name of God did they pull that out of their arse?
When you watch the last try, does your skin crawl watching the way he is holding the ball? Every time I watch it I am sure he is going to knock the ball with his knee and drop it.

I think all of the scoring events were required to secure the historic victory.

They were all vital and all critical.

Team effort.

But Nate’s try was a beautiful example of “ eyes up” footy, and the execution was silky.

Improving his position was a true “smuggy” moment.

Nate was thinking:

“ Excuse me, I know I am over the line and technically I know that I should so immediately score, but I feel somewhat compelled at this point to canter on for a few more steps to improve my goal kicking opportunities”

“ Kindly forgive this indulgence of improvement and I trust it does not cause any undue offence”

There were simply no defenders left at that point, he could done a few pirouettes, a couple of bombs for himself, vape, lime cordial, solved a physics problem.

What a moment for the game.

Up until threepeat I thought Yeo was the best player in the game

Smug!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts