What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final Panthers vs Broncos

MugaB

Coach
Yes.

I noticed that when something really bad happened to the Broncos, kevmond barely showed any emotional at all.

I think he’s trained his mind just to accept and move on.

It is a popular rugby league mindset.

Karening on doesn’t help.
Must be that mind f**k guy that helps you in origin hey kevvie...
Gotta remember boys dont say the word PENRITH

mxlegend99

Referee
Results wise you cannot question the Panthers, but I'm talking about standard of play.

A good analogy is with tennis. Novak Djokovic has won the most grand slams and he's still playing! However, Roger Federer at his best was the most scintillating tennis I've seen.

The Roosters side that went back to back, I feel were playing at a higher level than Penrith.
2018 they finished first with 3 other teams on equal points.
2019 they finished second, 6 points behind Storm.

They were nowhere near as consistent or ruthless as the Panthers side and wouldn't have even made the grand final this year

Bred not Bought

Juniors
If anyone thinks pumpkin is serious I suggest they read his past comments in other forums.
He is chook supporter that can't get over Gould.
His prediction that Parramatta would go on a run mid year and storm into the finals is laughable.

Last edited:

snickers007

Juniors

They were nowhere near as consistent or ruthless as the Panthers side and wouldn't have even made the grand final this year

Look at the F/A and overall records as well.
Since 2020 our attacking record has been 2nd, 4th, 1st, 1st.
Defensive record 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st
Have won 84% of games

Roosters in 2018-19 were:
Atk: 3rd, 2nd
Def: 1st, 2nd
Won 69% of games

Their best attacking season is below our worst, and likewise for defence.
We scored more tries per game than them, in all 4 seasons.

It's not even a fair fight.

Pumpkin

Juniors

My point is still eluding you. Forget about results. Forget about consistency. Simply, if the 2019 Roosters team was to be transported to now, in a time machine, then for sure my friend, they would beat the Panthers.

Results wise you cannot question the Panthers, but I'm talking about standard of play.

A good analogy is with tennis. Novak Djokovic has won the most grand slams and he's still playing! However, Roger Federer at his best was the most scintillating tennis I've seen.

The Roosters side that went back to back, I feel were playing at a higher level than Penrith.
The Roosters had a few high profile players, somehow squeezed into a salary cap. Won a GF on the back of a glaring Ref. error.
The Panthers are built from within, play for 80 minutes, our only opponent that played till the death was the Rabbits.
Piffle to the Roosters.

soc123_au

Staff member
My point is still eluding you. Forget about results. Forget about consistency. Simply, if the 2019 Roosters team was to be transported to now, in a time machine, then for sure my friend, they would beat the Panthers.
Ha ha, We would lap them. The only teams that would come close in the NRL era are the Non cap compliant Storm teams and 98-2000 Broncos.

MugaB

Coach
You can fụck write off with that claim
videotogif_2023.10.05_11.11.16.gif
No chance pal, jog on

Last edited:

Munky

Coach
Ha ha, We would lap them. The only teams that would come close in the NRL era are the Non cap compliant Storm teams and 98-2000 Broncos.

2017 Storm would be a good game.

That was an incredible team who had a ridiculous year.

Glasby, Scott and Griffin the only weaknesses.

The 2022 Panther squad would take it to any team I've seen. Fish and Moses bashing the shit out of everyone for twenty minutes with Api, Sorro and Spencer carving up for the reserve props for the next forty minutes.

There wasn't a single non dominant defender in the starting 2022 side.

MugaB

Coach

The 2022 Panther squad would take it to any team I've seen. Fish and Moses bashing the shit out of everyone for twenty minutes with Api, Sorro and Spencer carving up for the reserve props for the next forty minutes.

Dont forget Kenny monstered them too, he was a man posessed

soc123_au

Staff member

Yep, the 2022 team in a game that counts I'd back against any team since the 6 tackle rule came in.

Them against peak Storm would be a beast of a game.

mxlegend99

Referee
The point eluded you. That side wouldn't even make the grand final with the current Panthers or Broncos side eliminating them before then.

Roosters lost 15 games across those 2 seasons. Panthers have lost 15 games across the last 4 seasons.

Just thought I’d check in on you guys given the excruciating pain you must all be going through atm. I mean, having a solid erection for four days must be getting pretty sore by now - allowing for the fact that every single one of us here would gladly take that pain but I hope you’re all dealing with it.