What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Grand Final Panthers vs Broncos

Panther Mike

Juniors
I’m more of a percentages person

Roosters 50% success
Panthers 80% success

Also, Panthers 1 vs Roosters 0

Also Roosters bought mostly already established players like Jimmy Maloney, SBW, Cooper Cronk etc to win their premierships while we won with mostly players we developed or who came from our junior system. I know what achievement I’d be more proud of.

Which reminds me of the bulldogs recruitment fiasco and in particular the amusing spectacle of Burton and Kiks turning into roadkill.

Kiks and his toilet brush haircut, loser.

Burto has ruined his legacy, will struggle to play rep footy again.

Ciraldo is looking like a guy whose wife has left him for the neighbours lawnmower man. A flaccid and ineffective coach.

Once you de-smug, your mind and body suffer withdrawal symptoms.

My young hero Laurie was critical and had to go back to Penrith for life saving footy resuscitation. The ER at Concord had called it fatal. Only a few months left.

Shoved in the ambulance and straight onto the M4.

Such is the generosity of the Tigers.

“ You don’t really love me, you just keep me smugging on…

whoa whoa whoa woe..”

Last edited:

Girds89

Bench
Something I haven't seen mentioned was Sorro's effort for Nathans try, great awareness to get the f**k out out of dodge so there was no obstruction. Thats one of the great things about this team 100% switched on even 75 minutes into one of the fastest paced most intense games ever played.

Its been a theme of our year. Go back and watch soo many of our tries where someone cuts back on the angle.

Guys are jumping out of the way to avoid obstructions.

Its a 1% that hasnt gone unnoticed all year and clearly something ivan is big on.

Theres been 15 to 20 tries this year ive thought the same thing.

Just another thing showing how much our team goes above and beyond for each other

Girds89

Bench
Sorro or Moses should come off the bench to replace Spencer, Unless the Alamonti to bench middle rumours are correct. That changes things up although seems too risky to be true

Alamonti will be training at centre and has been bought as a centre.

Garner, hosking, Geyer, riki, hassett will all be in front if him before he gets a thought of being moved there.

Iamback

Coach
Alamonti will be training at centre and has been bought as a centre.

Garner, hosking, Geyer, riki, hassett will all be in front if him before he gets a thought of being moved there.

None of them are close to bringing what Spencer brought. I think Hosking comes in for a straight swap but they are going to get options

The club never commented on the signing, There was nothing about potential positions but I doubt he knocked back other options to come here with no path to FG

Girds89

Bench
None of them are close to bringing what Spencer brought. I think Hosking comes in for a straight swap but they are going to get options

The club never commented on the signing, There was nothing about potential positions but I doubt he knocked back other options to come here with no path to FG

None of them will be filling the lenui role.

Im not even 100% convinced we will go down the path of filling his role.

He got scrap mins this year.

Yes he was hugely impactful but you could argue games were almost done with or without him.

I think we will just evolve like we did without all the other loses.

Girds89

Bench
We don't need a centre

Yes we do..

Peachy is a back up..

Taylan is a far from guarantee to kill it there. Your talking about a bloke who play 8 or so games there in cup... predominantly on the wing his whole career..

People are just expecting him to be a walk up start for nrl centre after the worst onjury in the game.

Seriously. Like cmon..

We need a bit of depth at centre.

Alamonti is far more than depth fyi. He will be a genuie option. I personally think ivan can turn him into a star..

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Yes we do..

Peachy is a back up..

Taylan is a far from guarantee to kill it there. Your talking about a bloke who play 8 or so games there in cup... predominantly on the wing his whole career..

People are just expecting him to be a walk up start for nrl centre after the worst onjury in the game.

Seriously. Like cmon..

We need a bit of depth at centre.

Alamonti is far more than depth fyi. He will be a genuie option. I personally think ivan can turn him into a star..
He'll be an upgrade on the Hosking/Garner role I think.

WestyLife

First Grade
We should pause and examine the facts. Since 2000 the Panthers have made 5 GF's and won 4. The Roosters have also won 4 but made a whopping 8 GF's! So we have to conclude that the mighty Roosters are a superior team.

If the Roosters are having performance issues they could ask the sharks pilot.

kinghippo

Juniors
Nobody in the side is 30 yet bar I think Sorrenson.
They do lose Spencer who gives them a real wrecking ball off the bench amd Crighton who had an amazing season. And a huge grand final.
But Brsbane do lose Flegger and Herbie. That's just as big a hit along with Reynolds being 33 and injury prone.

How do Penrith improve? I think Nathan can still get even better. Turuva and Tago will continue to improve. While the rest should stay at similar levels. Nobody is in decline due to age.
Taylan May fills a spot but he is no Crighton. Alamoti may suprise and then there is the young Mclean.
Lindsay Smith I thought was very poor but it was hot and he is a very big unit and in his first year of NRL. I still think they will be a strong side for the next 3 seasons. After that some of the key forwards may slide a little form wise. But in that time a Jnr may come thru and replace them.

Still will be a very strong side in 2024 I feel. I can see 1 or 2 juniors just popping up and making a name for themself by the end of the season.

This is perhaps the best footy side we've seen since a salary cap was introduced. Brilliant.
I agree, I think we are going to be contenders for the foreseeable future.

This year’s trophy was won on the back of our professionalism as a team. The old saying of Master and apprentice keeps popping into my mind when I think of this group.

We faced a much harder road this year, but when it came to the big games the focus and execution was miles ahead of most other clubs.

All our big names played a part individually but they have also shown they know how to teach and guide new players into bringing their best to the team. That’s our biggest strength.

We keep losing players but the next one moves into the team and look like world beaters on the back of amazing training and guidance.

The leadership of Ivan as well as Yeo, Nath, Edwards, Fish, To’o etc etc is why we will continue to be a force.

We are the Masters, we will welcome a couple more apprentices into the team but they will do their job and be flying in no time under the guidance of our leaders.

Latest posts