What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

sheepbender

Juniors
well wait no longer. they've done it for the girls.

I wouldn't have run with the cyan stripe but i get that they wanna have a slight differentiation from the men. It looks way better with navy shorts IMO.
Which does make you wonder why they don't do it for the Mens, when it clearly looks much better,
Agree on the Cyan, but they're not the only team to throw in a random pale shaded colour..

I've also no issue with teams wearing their Indigenous jersey on multiple occasions. Should be like the NBA with their special edition jerseys, pick a select number of rounds.

MugaB

Coach
Has the Tigers prior to tonight ever worn their home kit against Gold Coast as the away team? It looks odd to me
Maybe theyve decided to switch their kits this season, and wear the orange for home games, ive seen a few times this season they've wore them randomly depending where they are playing (LO/CSS) and now tonight too...
Probably wear the orange kit in tamworth against the knights in their fluro mining kit FMD

Edit:
Heres whats been done this season, there isn't a specific home or away thought process

R1 Home Orange v titans
R2 home Orange v knights
R3 Away Black v dogs
R4 Away Orange v storm
R5 Away Orange v bronx
R6 Home Black v eels
R8 Home Anzac v manly
R9 Away Orange v panthers
R10 Home Black v dragons (Magic)
R11 Away Orange v souths
R12 Home Indiginious v cowboys
R14 Home Black v raiders
R15 Away Black v titans

Last edited:

kdalymc

Bench
I haven't seen a single game but perhaps they are just using some common sense and bringing wat jersey looks better.

KingTigerman

Juniors
Agree but I think it has more to do with jersey sales than lack of pride. Maybe they thought a reverse strip every few years leads to a sales bump? Not a way to build a brand imo. Imagine the All Blacks doing a reverse strip lol
They have to when they play Scotland or the frogs at home

KingTigerman

Juniors
But that should be it. Wear it in indigenous round whether its home or away. Otherwise you're diluting the concept and it's just about being a cash grab. Same as the anzac jerseys.
It should be up to away teams indigenous round on what they do
Otherwise were going to end up like the afl who has 2 indigenous rounds with a couple of teams having 2 indigenous strips

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It should be up to away teams indigenous round on what they do
Otherwise were going to end up like the afl who has 2 indigenous rounds with a couple of teams having 2 indigenous strips
No. Its up to the NRL, not the clubs to make those decisions. Its simple. Round X is Indigenous round. All teams wear their indigenous jersey.

Don't care what afl do. They can wear 67 different strips over 49 rounds for all I know.

hellteam

First Grade
Are Bulldogs trying to change their primary colour to blue? Must be the 3rd or 4th time they've worn the away kit at home this season.

Nuke

Staff member
I made the Newtown connection yesterday and thought the exact same thing.