What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Origin I - Wed 31 May - NSW 18-26 QLD @ Adelaide

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Queensland

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King hit

Coach
Believe me, it has never, ever gone unnoticed by viewers across the spectrum. Don't ever expect a 3-0 drubbing ever again. Does not do wonders for the ratings when the 3rd game has a 2-0 scoreline heading into the final game. BTW, Gus hates me.
Lol you know how rare a 3-0 sweep actually is. You can count on one hand how many times either side has done that

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
If Walsh comes out and performs well in even 2 out of the 3 games this year, he will be the QLD fullback for the rest of his career.

As a Broncos supporter, I find this extremely vexing lol

Fangs

Coach
Ashley Klein must be the luckiest referee ever seen at NRL level.

I don't have any stats but in terms of stinkers he has to rank right up there. No better in the bunker as well.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Moses should have been halfback and mve Cleary to hooker

1. Tedesco
6. Hynes
7.Moses
9. Cleary

looks much better
Dog Exercise GIF

isaiah

Bench
My biggest gripe with what SOO has become is that it has moved from a representative side to its own "club" where coaches are selectors and decide who they want for combinations etc.

The coaches should have no say.

A combined selection committee should be rewarding the best 34 New South Welshmen and Queenslanders at the time based on form, and then coaches get their 17 players to coach.

"Combinations", "incumbency" or "past deeds" should have nothing to do with representative footy. Selection, IMHO, should be a reward for what you have done in the NRL that season.
It’s not an all-star game

Pumpkin

Juniors
If Walsh comes out and performs well in even 2 out of the 3 games this year, he will be the QLD fullback for the rest of his career.

As a Broncos supporter, I find this extremely vexing lol
Don't worry about that. The more players in your club that represent in origin, the better it is for the club. The players become conditioned to handling pressure, which pays dividends in the finals

yobbo84

First Grade

I know it's probably just one of those "you're on our radar" squad selections like last year with Graham, Koloamatangi and that guy going to Rugby... but still, a kick in the balls for Cook

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

I know it's probably just one of those "you're on our radar" squad selections like last year with Graham, Koloamatangi and that guy going to Rugby... but still, a kick in the balls for Cook
Not sure how they'll use Hynes, but an Api and Cook rotation scares me more.

Fangs

Coach

Or rather Souths told them where to go. I think they are pissed.

Someguy

First Grade
If Walsh is fullback then NSW should start burton in the halves. He is a great attacking player but diffusing kicks is not a strong point for him or the remainder of the Queensland outside backs

Latest posts