What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Origin I - Wed 31 May - NSW 18-26 QLD @ Adelaide

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Queensland

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

some11

Referee
Very harsh on Gagai too but I guess it's a look to the future. Had a bad game against the Sharks but besides that he's been great this year.
Not sure what Slater is going for here.

Gonna be an interesting series.

Exsilium

First Grade
TPJ selection feels like the sequel to Tony Williams we never asked for

He’s been playing in the middle for the dogs and has done a good job. He’s not an edge backrower anymore.

I think his size and intensity will have the right impact. If he doesn’t, yes, he will be Tony Williams 2.0.

yobbo84

First Grade

South Sydney Rabbitohs centre Campbell Graham has been withdrawn from the NSW State of Origin squad for Game I by the NSW Blues today.

For a number of weeks, Graham has been managing his training loads at the beginning of each week to allow him to be fit on game day.

Unfortunately, this meant he would not be able to be fully involved in the Blues early sessions this week and, as a result, they withdrew him from the squad.

Graham will return to the Rabbitohs squad today and he will be assessed throughout the week as to whether he is fit to play in Saturday’s game against the Canberra Raiders.

The NSW Blues have now named their team for Origin I. It is:

1. James Tedesco (c) (Sydney Roosters)
2. Brian To’o (Penrith Panthers)
3. Latrell Mitchell (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
4. Tom Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
5. Josh Addo-Carr (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
6. Jarome Luai (Penrith Panthers)
7. Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers)
8. Tevita Pangai Junior (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
9. Apisai Koroisau (Wests Tigers)
10. Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos)
11. Tyson Frizell (Newcastle Knights)
12. Hudson Young (Canberra Raiders)
13. Isaah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)

Interchange:

14. Junior Paulo (Parramatta Eels)
15. Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
16. Liam Martin (Penrith Panthers)
17. Nicho Hynes (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
18. Stephen Crichton (Penrith Panthers)
19. Stefano Utoikamanu (Wests Tigers)

Coach: Brad Fittler

jc155776

Coach
Does Freddie and TPJ have the same manager?

Only way to explain it is a kickbacks on offer for match payments.

yobbo84

First Grade
Oh and this is the News Limited headline:

NSW weapon quits NSW State of Origin camp minutes after team announced​

A NSW star has sensationally walked out of the Blues’ State of Origin camp just moments after he was selected to play.

They are the true cockroaches.

Fangs

Coach
Oh and this is the News Limited headline:

They are the true cockroaches.

Lets see if Campbell Graham lines up this weekend. I'm 99% sure he will.

18th man and club availability is quite interesting. Its 100% in Souths interests that he withdraws from the NSW squad.

Origin will most likely have casualties so the 18th man is important, they are a chance at game time but no guarantee. But Souths might also just be pissed that he and Cook were left out.

I posted in another forum about City vs Country in 2005. Matt Cooper and Mark Gasnier both pulled out due to injury. 24 hours later they line up against Souths and thrash them.

Different scenario of course but its similar reasoning, prioritise your club over rep football. It worked well for NSW that year. Gasnier and Cooper played all three games and we won the series 2-1 off the back of Joey's work in game 2.

I find it amusing how all the rhetoric is about Ponga and Gagai missing out on Origin selection.

But not one person has brought up Xavier Coates missing out on a Maroon jersey.

*Crickets*.

Seems Billy has caught on that he's an overrated dud.

Cowboyz

Juniors
I feel like TPJ is either a masterstroke or another Talakai selection.
He scares me because he has the ability to go in there and annihilate QLD, will never forget him making prime JT his personal bitch.
Guess we’ll see

aqua_duck

Coach
Why people acting like TPJ isn't good?
Ummm because he’s probably the most inconsistent and undisciplined player ever?
I mean talent was the only factor he would be one of the best forwards in the game but there’s a reason he’s nowhere near that echelon