What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Origin I - Wed 31 May - NSW 18-26 QLD @ Adelaide

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Queensland

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Every year people think nsw are unbeatable and every year qld win. And why did someone want Teddy to stay out of the way? Teddy has been unbelievable in origin. He needs to be involved as much as possible.
He’s a handbrake

King-Gutho94

Coach
Campbell Graham was 18th Man but pulled out.

Never give a sucker an even break you never know what might come up.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah, stupid Campbell going to hospital to get his chest drained after a sternum injury
Would he have ruled himself out if he was picked in the 17 originally.

I doubt it - i would rather Graham in then Chricton who was given a bath in game 3 last year and was worse then Staggs in game 1 last year in his 15 min stint but got a promotion to the starting side.

Anyway lets go NSW Panthers. They couldnt let us down again surely.

yobbo84

First Grade
Would he have ruled himself out if he was picked in the 17 originally.

I doubt it - i would rather Graham in then Chricton who was given a bath in game 3 last year and was worse then Staggs in game 1 last year in his 15 min stint but got a promotion to the starting side.

Anyway lets go NSW Panthers. They couldnt let us down again surely.
NSW ruled him out, but don't let the truth get in the way of your opinions

soc123_au

Staff member
No one is saying he shouldn’t be in the team. Just that he shouldn’t try to emulate Gallen.
We're not going to see JAC, Mitchell and Turbo take the dirty carries required to get us on the front foot in attack.
The NSW back rowers will be doing a lot of work out of their end.
And we're not going to see Tedesco take the tackle 5 hitup and fast play the ball, rather he'll crab across the field for an age, get tackled, have to pull up his pants, and then play the ball, killing all momentum in the process.
Time will tell if this year's front row will be able to stand shoulder to shoulder and pin QLD inside their own half.
The above from the Panthers sub. Pretty much where Teddy is headed. He has earned the right to play this year, but a gentle tap on the shoulder and the chance to "retire" from rep footy shouldn't be too far away.

NSW ruled him out, but don't let the truth get in the way of your opinions

They ruled him out as he was considered unfit to train. Souths said he was a chance to play for them on Saturday, but then ruled him out due to injury on Friday (iirc). That's why Crichton became the 18th man replacing Graham.

Reflector

Juniors
Got a couple of questions about Game 1

1: Does anyone think that Latrell, Addo-Carr and Turbo will be the big factors? None of those guys played last year and every series they've played in NSW have won them. I was against Turbo's selection for a while but his game last Sunday justified it. Frizell being recalled is big as well. Been such a great player for the Blues.

2: Last year I thought the Maroons were a chance as they had picked the right players in form with the right attitude and it paid off. This year those same blokes aren't in the best of form personally and their clubs are a shadow of last year. No Gagai, Capewell or Welch and Papalli's retirement is going to make a big factor to Queensland.
Plenty of people made a song and dance about Qld having the huge adversity of no Munster in the decider last year, yet barely a peep that Latrell, Fox and Turbo played a combined total of zero minutes all last series.

Similar to the people who think if NSW lose on Wednesday then it’s series over, despite the fact the last team to come back from 1-0 down to win the series AND the last team to win the series on enemy territory were both NSW...

Critter’s defence in Origin is no worse than Gagai or Ponga. But it doesn’t fit The Narrative (TM Ch.9, NRL) so it gets discarded...

Exsilium

First Grade
Campbell Graham was 18th Man but pulled out.

Never give a sucker an even break you never know what might come up.

Yeah, he would be walking into the side now.

Crichton is a very good centre and this could be a losing gamble for Campbell. You don't want to give away too many opportunities in rep footy.

Exsilium

First Grade
On Latrell being out, I'm okay with it. I had this strange feeling he was going to be a loose cannon.

Massive pressure on Luai and Cleary to deliver. They have the club combinations with Api, Chichton, To'o and Martin. This should work in favour of the blues but QLD always find a way to unsettle the tempo and that's what wins them series.

Latest posts