What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Origin II - Wed 21 Jun - QLD 32-6 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Queensland

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • New South Wales

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tweed Titan

Bench
I often think the best player for the maroons is God. We had that game won with less than 10 minutes to go and then all these miraculous things suddenly happened for them. We need to get God on our side by being better people.

Let's support Freddie and the team. This is a good team they've selected. They've gotten rid of TPJ which is great and Hynes, unfortunately there just isn't a spot for him this year.

Let's see all the bounce of the ball and everything go our way this time.
Is this Fittler's burner?

lockscombi

Juniors
Came here to get some well thought out critique about game 2 of the mighty state of origin.

Instead find people arguing if Latrell Mitchell pulled out due to free party pies at his local

pantherz9103

First Grade
They want to build it up as biggest game 2 ever? Well my interest is at an all time low for a variety of reasons.
For tomorrow I have tipped QLD for the sake of my tipping competition.
The main result I’m interested in is no Panther injuries and some of them being able to back up for the Knights as we need to stay in the top 4.

lockscombi

Juniors
They want to build it up as biggest game 2 ever? Well my interest is at an all time low for a variety of reasons.
For tomorrow I have tipped QLD for the sake of my tipping competition.
The main result I’m interested in is no Panther injuries and some of them being able to back up for the Knights as we need to stay in the top 4.

Very selfish of you to only think about your club. Reprehensible behaviour

P.S I'm so happy Nicho wasn't selected. We can't afford him to get injured if the sharks are any chance of Top 8 :)

mxlegend99

Referee
Fittler really doesnt give NSW a decent chance. Slayer is so calculated in all his decisions and picks players that fir his vision.

Fittler picks guys for whatever reasons .. media pressure. Combinations etc. But then he doesn't have plans to use them.

Queensland have the better 17. But it's the bloke in the coaches box who's the real difference. Fittler doesn't have game plans or set plays. He just hopes players can come in and do what they do at club level. Which doesn't work when everyone is from a different system and style of play.

Reflector

Bench
For a do or die game, I am unusually at ease. I’m not concerned with NSW winning tonight, or winning Game 3, decider or not. It’s all about if they play well and Freddy justifies his selections. That’s the only way Freddy should have his contract extended to lead NSW beyond this series. A scrappy win tonight or in Sydney is not enough, even if the shield comes home this year.

There is too much current/ emerging talent eligible for the Blues right now and I don’t want to see it wasted on the wrong coach. Freddy has no interest in an NRL gig, this is just a paid hobby for him. Slater is treating this as his audition for a full time NRL coaching job and giving it that level of attention.

If burning this series is the price to pay for getting the right coach in for NSW who leads the state to the majority of series wins for the next 5 years, so be it.

mozza91

Coach
NSW may just channel the blue spirit that was displayed by Pat Cummins last night. You wouldn't see a QLDer pulled off something like that.
Bodes well.

The good guys Australia win which means the good guys the NSW Blues will win which means the ultimate good guys the Newcastle Knights will go close to covering the line against the Smug.

Frailty

First Grade
I saw the Blues players barefoot and sitting in the middle of Suncorp yesterday. Surely, they are specials!

Sure, they haven't learnt their lesson in having only one player with a strong kicking game again... Sure, Freddy likely doesn't have much of a plan with his interchanges...

But they are specials!

OzDragon

Coach
I hate QLDers. I hate them. I hate their QLD faces. I hate their clubs. I hate their players. I hate when their players sign onto their clubs. I hate their weather. I hate their stadiums. I hate them so much. When I see QLDers I just want to die. I feel my blood boiling and my skin burning and my eyes watering, my heart drops and I feel like fire is consuming my entire body. Why do they exist? I hate them I hate them

Latest posts