What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R10 Fri - Canterbury 30-34 Canberra @ Suncorp

Round 10: Canterbury v Canberra

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eion

First Grade
Dogs have got real problems in the halves. They need to find proper ones, creating nothing. Chuck Burton back in the centres and he can bob up for the odd spiral. He’s not a halfbacks arsehole

yobbo84

First Grade
This has nothing to do with the game but I finally realised who Jacob Kiraz reminds me of when he runs the ball

jim-carrey-ace-ventura.gif

nick87

Coach
true

almost as disgraceful a call as the falcon no try
I think the Guler try was a stright up square up for the Rapana try a few minutes early which was off a forward pass. Would have been nice to get a square up on the other end after the Savage f**k up to just call a pen on Mariota and leave him on the field but so be it.

nick87

Coach
Raiders were clearly the better team and with competent officiating win that 13+

I think people are harsh on the young dogs kid though... he made some poor decisions for sure but i love the confidence of the kid. He'll learn when to try that sort of thing and when not to, but he defended well... he's got a good NRL half skill set. Kicking game looks solid. Dangerous playing at the line.
He looks like an NRL player, which for 18 y/o, that's a really good sign imo.

GAZF

First Grade
I'm torn.

Typically we Raiders fans piss and moan over a loss when a bad call is perceived to influence a result. The best clubs resolve to perform so that such calls aren't as influential and/or unnecessarily tight games aren't as frequent. Stick can borderline stroke over these games all he likes, but this is the DNA that he's impressed onto the club over the last decade.

On the other hand, there were a couple of diabolical decisions that made what should have been a comfortable win into a marginal contest.

With that in mind, we should have won by at least 20 even factoring for the poor calls - if we bothered to defend the line on the rare occasion they made it to the red zone. Legit contenders would have racked up 60 on the Dog's equally feeble line.

The only thing that sits well on this performance is that the Dogs are still a Norwood IV × 17.

skeepe

Immortal
I always like checking out opposition forums when we win but holy f**k the Bulldogs fans are nuts! They legitimately believe that Chris Sutton is the only reason they didn’t win by 50.

Mind you the Raiders forum isn’t much better, demanding Croker and Whitehead be dropped immediately.

Pretty clear that LU is where the sane footy fans come.

Apey

Staff member
I always like checking out opposition forums when we win but holy f**k the Bulldogs fans are nuts! They legitimately believe that Chris Sutton is the only reason they didn’t win by 50.

Mind you the Raiders forum isn’t much better, demanding Croker and Whitehead be dropped immediately.

Pretty clear that LU is where the sane footy fans come.
Yep we are peak Rugba Leeg discourse that's for sure.

Latest posts