What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R22 Fri - Melbourne 46-16 Parramatta @ Marvel

Round 22: Melbourne v Parramatta

• Melbourne Storm

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 22
Melbourne Storm v Parramatta Eels
Marvel Stadium, Melbourne / Wurundjeri, Docklands (TICKETS)
Friday 28 July 2023

NRL kickoff 8pm

Broadcast live on Nine Network, 9Now, Fox League, Kayo Sports.

MEL2022TEAM.png

1. Nick Meaney 2. William Warbrick 3. Marion Seve 4. Young Tonumaipea 5. Xavier Coates 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Tui Kamikamica 9. Harry Grant 10. Christian Welch 11. Trent Loiero 12. Tom Eisenhuth 13. Josh King 14. Bronson Garlick 15. Alec MacDonald 16. Eliesa Katoa 17. Tyran Wishart 18. Grant Anderson 19. Chris Lewis 20. Tepai Moeroa 21. Aaron Pene 22. Jayden Nikorima

Out: Reimis Smith (centre), Justin Olam (centre), Nelson Asofa-Solomona (second row), Tariq Sims (bench)
In: Marion Seve (centre), Young Tonumaipea (centre), Eliesa Katoa (bench), Tyran Wishart (bench)
Changes: Tom Eisenhuth (bench to second row)

PAR2022TEAM.png

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Waqa Blake 3. Viliami Penisini 4. Bailey Simonsson 5. Sean Russell 6. Daejarn Asi 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Ofahiki Ogden 9. Brendan Hands 10. Junior Paulo 11. Andrew Davey 12. Bryce Cartwright 13. J'maine Hopgood 14. Luca Moretti 15. Joe Ofahengaue 16. Joey Lussick 17. Ryan Matterson 18. Haze Dunster 19. Makahesi Makatoa 20. Wiremu Greig 21. Ky Rodwell 22. Jack Murchie

Out: Shaun Lane (second row)
In: Joey Lussick (bench)
Changes: Andrew Davey (bench to second row)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Chris Sutton
Video Referee: Gerard Sutton

STATE LEAGUES
QLD Cup: Sunshine Coast^ v Wynnum Manly at Maryborough, Sat 2pm
QLD Cup: Brisbane Tigers^ v PNG Hunters at Totally Workwear, Sun 2:10pm

NSW Cup: North Sydney v Parramatta^ at NSO, Sun 3pm​

Last edited:
Well I would have liked to tip the Storm to win this, because I'll always back a regional team over a wanker Sydney team. But after losing to Newcastle, I'm afraid the trajectory for Melbourne is nothing but down, down, down. Eels by 12.

Valheru

Coach
Melbourne have a habit of thumping teams after a disappointing performance.

Storm by plenty and Eels to enter the bottom 9 permanently.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Bellyache sort of eluded to it after the Knights game: The Scum are lacking a bit of desire at the moment, it almost looks like burnout. The top 4 is slipping away fast and he will want to be breaking out the peggings this week if they're serious about contending.

Incorrect

Coach
Bellyache sort of eluded to it after the Knights game: The Scum are lacking a bit of desire at the moment, it almost looks like burnout. The top 4 is slipping away fast and he will want to be breaking out the peggings this week if they're serious about contending.
"eluded to it"....

To "what" did he elude? And if he eluded, how do you know what he said??

King-Gutho94

Coach
Well it was a draw in round 1 but storm won in GP if you flip the result from that game.

Melbourne are 8th and Parra are 6th currently.

Shows how close the comp is and how close storm could be to being out of the 8 atm.

Grapple

Bench
I think Eels have a real chance here. Storm are pretty random at Marvel. Definitely not a home town advantage.

Storm coming off a loss is always dangerous but a few new additions to the squad and big Nelson missing means Eels unpredictable play and offloads could snag them a win.

50/50 game I think. Have gone for Storm 1-12 with the brilliance of Munster and Hughes guiding them home in a close one.