What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R23 Sun - Canberra 22-18 Wests Tigers @ GIO

Round 23: Canberra v Wests Tigers

• Canberra Raiders

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 23
Canberra Raiders v Wests Tigers
GIO Stadium Canberra, Bruce / Ngunnawal, Bruce (TICKETS)
Sunday 6 August 2023

Gates 1:30pm
NRLW 1:50pm
NRL kickoff 4:05pm
Broadcast live on Nine Network, 9Now, Fox League, Kayo Sports.

CAN2023TEAM.png

1. Jordan Rapana 2. Albert Hopoate 3. Sebastian Kris 4. Matthew Timoko 5. Nick Cotric 6. Jack Wighton 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Josh Papali'i 9. Zac Woolford 10. Joseph Tapine 11. Hudson Young 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Corey Horsburgh 14. Adrian Trevilyan 15. Emre Guler 16. Pasami Saulo 17. Ata Mariota 18. Utuloa Asouma 19. Matt Frawley 20. Tom Starling 21. Trey Mooney 22. Ethan Strange

Out: Jarrod Croker (centre), Tom Starling (bench)
In: Nick Cotric (wing), Adrian Trevilyan (bench)
Changes: Sebastian Kris (fullback to centre), Jordan Rapana (wing to fullback)

WST2022TEAM.png

1. Jahream Bula 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Starford To'a 4. Junior Tupou 5. Charlie Staines 6. Daine Laurie 7. Luke Brooks 8. Alex Twal 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. John Bateman 13. Fonua Pole 14. Jake Simpkin 15. Justin Matamua 16. Aitasi James 17. Asu Kepaoa 18. Tallyn Da Silva 19. Alex Seyfarth 20. Will Smith 21. Kit Laulilii 22. Josh Feledy

Out: Stefano Utoikamanu (front row), Will Smith (bench), Shawn Blore (bench)
In: Jake Simpkin (bench), Justin Matamua (bench), Asu Kepaoa (bench)
Changes: Alex Twal (bench to front row)

A-REF-R-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Peter Gough
Sideline Officials: Jon Stone, Drew Oultram
Video Referee: Gerard Sutton

STATE LEAGUES
NSW Cup: Canberra^ v Western Suburbs^ at Kellyville, Sat 3pm​

Last edited:

BadnMean

Juniors
How do Sheen and Ricky, the masterminds behind one of the greatest attacking machines ever to grace a paddock end up coaching two teams who play so badly they make you want to poke your eyes out with broken chicken bones?

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Starling dropped for Trev and Croker with a sudden mystery hamstring injury that moves Kris back to centre. Looking forward to the game a lot more now, just a shame Savage is injured.

skeepe

Immortal
If Savage was available, him in for Hoppa and that's exactly what I was calling for last week. Well played, Stick.

BadnMean

Juniors
Good F/A boost for the Raiders in this one.

I think our F/A is beyond redemption at this point.

We haven't beaten a team by >10 all season. I think our average winning margin is something like 5.5 points.

Fangs

Coach
I think our F/A is beyond redemption at this point.

We haven't beaten a team by >10 all season. I think our average winning margin is something like 5.5 points.

Ahh the Alan Jones affect.

Better attack last year but things can change quickly. 100 point turn around between Raiders and Broncos saw them make the 8.

Though I think a top 4 spot is a much harder ask. Warriors have a soft run home and look guaranteed 3rd. You'd need to beat the Storm, keep winning other games and even then have to deal with the F/A.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Thought we went ok against souths last week. You always feel you’re a chance against the raiders. We only lost by 1 last time without Api and Raiders awarded a try that Annesly confirmed shouldn’t have been.

If Stef and Blore were there we’d be right in this. Lauries gone good at 5/8 and happy to see Matamua finally back. Raiders to be way too wacky and get up by 8 textas.

Valheru

Coach
One of the 2 underdogs will win today, both the favourites have shock losses at home in them. Odds suggest this is the more likely one.