What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Any other supporters out there at the moment feeling sick to the core with the capitulation over the last 3 months ??

I am scared to turn on the TV or read the news as it is just blow after blow of bad news and negative commentary…

What the hell has happened to our season which promised sooooo much ????

callmack1

Staff member
Any other supporters out there at the moment feeling sick to the core with the capitulation over the last 3 months ??

I am scared to turn on the TV or read the news as it is just blow after blow of bad news and negative commentary…

I feel you mate. I absolutely feel you and couldn't agree more. Sick to my stomach, especially when I read the latest article.

One of the biggest collapses in NRL history.

Haven't been this dismayed with my club in a long time.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Mate I got home from work not long ago I feel nauseous I seriously do I’m ashamed, appalled, seething this is f**ked totally f**ked we are a f**king shot show and the members and fans deserve better than this. I knew something wasn’t right but was trying to believe it wasn’t true.

JD shouldn’t be liking a post on Insta like that. They’re all arguing amongst themselves.

Trell and Cody think they’re bigger than the group I’m over it either be treated like everyone else or f**k off!!!! What a shemozzle.

John Morris and S. Burgess clashing with JD too. JD is at the epicentre in lots of this I am afraid and the buck stops with him.

I’m emotional right now and I probs shouldn’t say this it won’t change anything we can’t go back but I can’t help but think would we be this unstable if we kept Adam Reynolds. I can’t help but think it and I don’t care if I get abused for saying it. I don’t think things would be as bad as they are now tbh like Sutto he was the heart and soul of Redfern. I do feel for Lachy too he’s a nice lad tries very hard but he’s been thrown to the wolves and with the infighting it’s not fair on the kid etc doesn’t help his cause so I guess we persist with Lachy for now as there are bigger issues???? I mean mind you Braith did say he’s really not playing well tonight but he’s not alone in that. I think Cody and Trell doing their own thing is the bigger issue here. Cody leaving training early etc totally not on…..

I mean I reckon we need to accept we start the rebuild now clear out the cancer in the joint before we fully flop. I hope the boys can solve it but someone needs to sit Trell and Cody down and show them tough love and be honest. Both of them don’t like discipline and it needs to change otherwise cya. We are South Sydney!

Who knows what’ll happen but if they don’t fix it fast heads will roll. Murray and JD fighting too not good at all to have Coach and Captain doing that and players not getting on etc….. there is clear division in the group.

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Mate I got home from work not long ago I feel nauseous I seriously do I’m ashamed, appalled, seething this is f**ked totally f**ked we are a f**king shot show and the members and fans deserve better than this. I knew something wasn’t right but was trying to believe it wasn’t true.

JD shouldn’t be liking a post on Insta like that. They’re all arguing amongst themselves.

Trell and Cody think they’re bigger than the group I’m over it either be treated like everyone else or f**k off!!!! What a shemozzle.

John Morris and S. Burgess clashing with JD too. JD is at the epicentre in lots of this I am afraid and the buck stops with him.

I’m emotional right now and I probs shouldn’t say this it won’t change anything we can’t go back but I can’t help but think would we be this unstable if we kept Adam Reynolds. I can’t help but think it and I don’t care if I get abused for saying it. I don’t think things would be as bad as they are now tbh like Sutto he was the heart and soul of Redfern. I do feel for Lachy too he’s a nice lad tries very hard but he’s been thrown to the wolves and with the infighting it’s not fair on the kid etc doesn’t help his cause so I guess we persist with Lachy for now as there are bigger issues???? I mean mind you Braith did say he’s really not playing well tonight but he’s not alone in that. I think Cody and Trell doing their own thing is the bigger issue here. Cody leaving training early etc totally not on…..

I mean I reckon we need to accept we start the rebuild now clear out the cancer in the joint before we fully flop. I hope the boys can solve it but someone needs to sit Trell and Cody down and show them tough love and be honest. Both of them don’t like discipline and it needs to change otherwise cya. We are South Sydney!

Who knows what’ll happen but if they don’t fix it fast heads will roll. Murray and JD fighting too not good at all to have Coach and Captain doing that and players not getting on etc….. there is clear division in the group.
Wow !!

That’s why I am scared to read the news as I wasn’t aware of some of that crap 💩

Just gets worse by the day.

No wonder the club has reached out to Bennett which was denied of course !!!!!

Some tough decisions need to be made about Latrell.
I remember Jai Arrow last year on the Matty John’s Show joking about not getting a trip to the US for his hammy. He wasn’t a golden child type laugh. Things said in jest.

handyman2190

Bench
Have we hit rock bottom yet I don’t think we have
Rock bottom comes next year when the slide continues and we dont get close to the 8, i feel exactly like you,the disappointment, the anguish,i cant sleep nights,my wife has to keep watch in case she needs to call the ambos, everyone has read my posts about recruitment, not signing even 1 player gives the wrong impression and brings complacency, our forward strength is decimated,we dont do the hard yards,we try to attack at every oportunity,it dosent work,the exodus has started,weve lost 3 and i expect morris to leave as well,whats happening is devastating,if anyone watched nrl360 last night and saw the clips on latrel running at noone defending air letting in the first 3 trys,then standing at the back when we were attacking and not keeping up with the play,that was damning, too much beer,not enough training he looks fat and unfit.

handyman2190

Bench
Ilias was brought in prematurely,after 2 years of covid not playing much at all he was thrown to the wolves,he needs a kicking coach,he needs a strategy coach,and the better player has been sold to the dogs,we are f**ked, there is noone else in lower grades. Individual players need to be instructed on their job,are they shown video?

soc123_au

Staff member
Some tough decisions need to be made about Latrell.
I remember Jai Arrow last year on the Matty John’s Show joking about not getting a trip to the US for his hammy. He wasn’t a golden child type laugh. Things said in jest.
To be fair, the media smoking Latrells pole for the last 5 or 6 years hasn't helped. Last night on 360 is the first time I've seen the media address what a lot of fans have known for years. Keep getting told you are special and god's gift and soon you will believe it.

Anasta's little video package shows exactly why he aint a fullback, it's not like this is news either, it's been like that since day 1. Just no one with any clout has taken Trells dick out of their mouth long enough to call it out before.

Hopefully for his sake he takes his medicine and goes back and becomes a beast centre like he always should have been. If he wants that spine money, maybe put in the work to take the 6 when Cody hangs them up.

handyman2190

Bench
To be fair, the media smoking Latrells pole for the last 5 or 6 years hasn't helped. Last night on 360 is the first time I've seen the media address what a lot of fans have known for years. Keep getting told you are special and god's gift and soon you will believe it.

Anasta's little video package shows exactly why he aint a fullback, it's not like this is news either, it's been like that since day 1. Just no one with any clout has taken Trells dick out of their mouth long enough to call it out before.

Hopefully for his sake he takes his medicine and goes back and becomes a beast centre like he always should have been. If he wants that spine money, maybe put in the work to take the 6 when Cody hangs them up.
Anastas vid package last night was unbelievable, i hope the powers that be sit that team down and replay that nrl360 package

soc123_au

Staff member
Anastas vid package last night was unbelievable, i hope the powers that be sit that team down and replay that nrl360 package
I'm honestly surprised it's taken this long. You can bet your balls Ivan has played similar packages in Video sessions before we play you guys. It's one of the reasons we laugh at suggestions that Trell changes the result in 2021. Apart from 5 minutes attacking WGDP in the centres earlier this year he has had nothing against a team that makes him work.

He has ridiculous talent, but just doesn't have the motor to play 1. No shame in it, it is what it is. The stupid part is imo he is worth his pay at centre, he can influence a result from there better than he can at the back.

Eric the great

Juniors
Mythell is like the lockness monster a good game out of mythell is about the same as the sightings of the lockness monster rarely

callmack1

Staff member
Clowns pretending to be first-graders - Demetriou apologises for 'accidental' like: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/clowns-pretending-to-be-first-graders-demetriou-apologises-for-accidental-like-20230822-p5dyd3.html.

Well, that's one issue we can thankfully put to bed. I believe JD when he said it was accidental and he didn't even know he'd done it. No way any sort of professional coach does something like that intentionally and I don't believe he would.

The last sentence of that article is interesting, saying the club is expected to address the issues this week. Does that mean address them internally? Or does that mean some kind of public statement? To be honest, I want to see a public statement.

Rabbitohs coach Jason Demetriou reportedly under pressure to control internal issues at the club: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2...-blow-up/f96db1a9-fd0b-49f5-8ac3-96479bfff24c

callmack1

Staff member
I felt terrible last night, but I feel even worse about all this drama today. Just can't get it off my mind, even at work. Not good. It just absolutely guts me to see our club in a somewhat crisis mode just 15 weeks after leading the comp. I can't believe what has happened.

So many more rumours coming through, I've heard a lot more damming stuff today. It just seems to be getting worse and worse by the day. I don't know what to believe but I do believe that there has to be some kind of substance behind the main rumours in the media.

Where has this all come from too? Obviously someone inside the club has leaked this to the media?

It's just a terrible situation and I don't see an easy fix.

God, I feel so low today...

handyman2190

Bench
Latest news a decision will be made on sacking morris and sam because of leaks and not being on the same page as the coach
Big problemz at the club

truthslayer

Juniors
this is my thoughts let me know what you guys think.

The undeniable superstar(Latrell/walker) who seems to do as little as possible. They might be extraordinarily gifted, maybe even the best in their field, but their lack of drive or commitment often leaves the rest of the team in a state of confusion and frustration. Let's delve into the effects of having a "lazy superstar" on a team.

1. Decreased Overall Productivity: Even if a superstar contributes significantly when they decide to work, their inconsistency can halt or slow down projects. The team might be waiting on them to complete a pivotal task or provide insights only they can offer. This can lead to missed deadlines or rushed work by others to compensate.

2. Morale and Motivation Drop: When team members see the superstar shirking responsibilities, it can lead to resentment. This is especially true when others have to pick up the slack. If one person isn’t held accountable, it can sow seeds of discontent and lead others to question why they should put in the effort.

3. Increased Team Conflict: Disparities in work ethic can lead to open or underlying conflicts. Team members might confront the superstar about their behavior or talk behind their backs, creating a toxic environment.

4. Unbalanced Skill Development: If a team overly relies on the talents of the superstar, other members might not have the chance to develop their skills and abilities fully. This reliance on one person can leave the team vulnerable in situations where the superstar is absent or underperforming.

5. Reinforcement of Bad Habits: If a lazy superstar is continually allowed to coast without consequence, it can set a precedent that such behavior is tolerated or even rewarded. This can embolden not only the superstar but also other team members to adopt a lax attitude.

6. Potential Loss of Trust in Leadership: Team members might start questioning the judgment and decision-making abilities of their leaders if they see them turning a blind eye to the superstar's attitude. This erosion of trust can make it harder for leaders to rally their teams in times of need.

Conclusion:

A superstar's talents and abilities are undeniable assets, but a lack of work ethic can greatly overshadow these positives. For teams to thrive, every member, regardless of their individual prowess, should demonstrate commitment, responsibility, and a consistent work ethic. Leaders /COACHES! must recognize and address the challenges posed by a lazy superstar, promoting a culture of fairness and collective growth. Only then can the team truly shine, with or without its superstar?