What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 TV/Fox/Streaming Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

docbrown

Coach
61k in Melbourne with no afl on

180k were watching a current affair in melb then switched two thirds switched off
Last year in Melbourne for the opener it was 212k for ACA down to 19k for NRL but that’s without the Storm. So you can argue that there’s a solid 40k exclusive F2A viewing block for Storm games, in addition to a roughly 20k minimum general base.

What you should also consider though is that last week channel 9 lost 100k viewers when RBT started. Yet the NRL match this week rated on par with ACA this week. So there was no net loss. That 120k lost in Melbourne was made up for by the 180k gained in Sydney and Brisbane. The post 730 shed from F2A viewers to steaming etc is a major problem for networks. Only key programming like sports can stop it.

Wb1234

Referee

A good result for the second game particularly on fox which will see big numbers on kayo. Will be over a million overall I reckon.
Earlier game was fine between nz v a regional team.
Donkeys doing well is good for ratings

Dolphins should do similar

this year will break records

great time to renegotiate a new tv deals

The_Wookie

Bench

Whose this genius

Hes an ok guy on twitter, hes making a guess on the data i used for last season (kayo ratio 0.89 to linear, and the long established estimates that regionals are about 60% of metro). But way too soon to call anything a trend for me - if i use the most recent data theres a 10% drop in the streaming audience on last season (based on week 1 preseason reporting). We generally get hard figures after round 1, so yeah, Ill be waiting for those.

Iamback

Coach
Hes an ok guy on twitter, hes making a guess on the data i used for last season (kayo ratio 0.89 to linear, and the long established estimates that regionals are about 60% of metro). But way too soon to call anything a trend for me - if i use the most recent data theres a 10% drop in the streaming audience on last season (based on week 1 preseason reporting). We generally get hard figures after round 1, so yeah, Ill be waiting for those.

Kayo always has cliches early in the season, I know I don't bother with it until Round 3.

After a month we should know the trend

The_Wookie

Bench
Kayo always has cliches early in the season, I know I don't bother with it until Round 3.

After a month we should know the trend

generally the Tele will put out a full rounds worth of data after round 1, which ill use until we get more. Round 10 they typically release data for the season to date...and then nothing for the rest of the year except for scattered highlights lol

docbrown

Coach
F2A live double headers are where the NRL need to go to. Just like Saturdays on Foxtel, you benefit from those follow through audiences. Live double headers on Fridays and Sundays. Targeting 3 to 4 metros (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth).

Also the pregame waffle is affecting casual viewership. People are channel changing in that time and not all are coming back. I’d cut it down but extend half time by 5 to 10 minutes on a Thursday. What you lose in prematch advertising dollars you’d make for by greater viewership overall for the other ad spots. Aim for a 7:40pm kickoff. Have a ten minute countdown timer too in the corner.

On Fridays in a double header you just jump straight into the games. You’d have the second game on a floating start time (in case of golden point) to kick off basically one minute after the last game ends. Do a joint post game with interviews etc after the second match.

Pneuma

First Grade
F2A live double headers are where the NRL need to go to. Just like Saturdays on Foxtel, you benefit from those follow through audiences. Live double headers on Fridays and Sundays. Targeting 3 to 4 metros (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth).

Also the pregame waffle is affecting casual viewership. People are channel changing in that time and not all are coming back. I’d cut it down but extend half time by 5 to 10 minutes on a Thursday. What you lose in prematch advertising dollars you’d make for by greater viewership overall for the other ad spots. Aim for a 7:40pm kickoff. Have a ten minute countdown timer too in the corner.

On Fridays in a double header you just jump straight into the games. You’d have the second game on a floating start time (in case of golden point) to kick off basically one minute after the last game ends. Do a joint post game with interviews etc after the second match.
Like muchly

Iamback

Coach

I am a footy fan and I don't watch the pre game garbage.

Having a 24 hour League channel a long pre-game is to be expected on FTA though, People will just turn on later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts