What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 WTC FINAL: Aust v Ind @ The Oval - AUSTRALIA TEST CHAMPIONS

Fangs

Coach
We did it the hard way.

I reckon 350-400 is plenty. More would be a bonus. Cameron Green is so hot right now, he and Head/Warner should really push the run rate.

Eelectrica

Referee
I guess the first thing is establish a 300 run lead then open it up and declare with 350-400 runs ahead.
What a game. We've had follow on discussion, declaration discussions this game has had it all really.
Just need it to not have rain now.

Edit: Yeah I know we didn't even get the option to enforce a follow on. Mostly because after Bolands first over of the day we played the rest of the session the way the Titans play a second half.

Last edited:

Eelectrica

Referee
Ah Davey. I see him getting the Watto treatment. Will play the first two ashes then done and have fun in retirement from test cricket.

undertaker

Coach
Ah Davey. I see him getting the Watto treatment. Will play the first two ashes then done and have fun in retirement from test cricket.
The thing I didn't like about the announcement about his plan to retire from test cricket after the SCG test in a few months time is that Warner believes he should still be a guaranteed selection in the starting XI until that New Year's test match. Combining this with the incident involving his wife on The Back Page, where she sarcastically said who will replace her husband if he's dropped from the team....just this attitude of having a sense of entitlement that irks me about them.

At least Steve Waugh slapped some reality into the situation, stating there's no guarantee Warner will be around that long if he's not scoring runs:

Eelectrica

Referee
The thing I didn't like about the announcement about his plan to retire from test cricket after the SCG test in a few months time is that Warner believes he should still be a guaranteed selection in the starting XI until that New Year's test match. Combining this with the incident involving his wife on The Back Page, where she sarcastically said who will replace her husband if he's dropped from the team....just this attitude of having a sense of entitlement that irks me about them.

At least Steve Waugh slapped some reality into the situation, stating there's no guarantee Warner will be around that long if he's not scoring runs:
Yeah. If Davey can’t score runs we could replace him with a tree stump for all the difference it would make.

His first innings gets him another game, but if England continue to own him we need to look and see what other options we have.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Yeah. If Davey can’t score runs we could replace him with a tree stump for all the difference it would make.

His first innings gets him another game, but if England continue to own him we need to look and see what other options we have.
Trouble is we don't really have options. Maybe just open with Labs

Fangs

Coach
Some ugly looking dismissals in that session but we were chasing fast runs.

Fairly well placed. Lead of 296. Plenty of wickets in hand.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
click bait crap

Manus is our top scorer and not out in the second innings

Eelectrica

Referee
When Davey is opening the batting, you've got to be ready. Still it seems to have worked.

So what's the over/under for how many hours India will waste in the field? They had the time wasting down yesterday.
I'm expecting the full medical team and medicab if someone breaks so much as a finger nail.