What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 NRL GRAND FINAL: Penrith v Melbourne Oct 6th

King-Gutho94

Coach
Food for thought....

1980 - Bulldogs
1981 - Parra
1982 - Parra
1983 - Parra
1984 - Bulldogs

2020 - Storm
2021 - Penrith
2022 - Penrith
2023 - Penrith
2024 - ?
I wasnt alive but in 1984 it says we lost the GF.

The score says 6-4 were we unlucky and how close were we to actually winning 4 in a row.

Something Penrith are trying to do this week.

It's probably why I want Melbourne to win.

84 Baby

Referee
Win or lose Scum will be Scum but if Smug win, they’ll get even Smugger. Then again we weren’t the team to stop their streak in 22, it’d be good to be the ones to break it in 25

Can’t stand either of them… but to be completely honest, I can’t stand the Storm as an organisation more. I’ll just sit back, have a thousand beers and watch it play out, not giving a shit. That said I put on a Lions/Panthers GF winners $10 bet to win over $150 a few months ago. Sportsbet offering a poxy $55 so far.
Meh,

I jumped on the Bet 9's from Sports bet at the start of the finals.

I have the Panthers @ $43 and the Storm @ $41

Although I have invested in the Storm more than the Panthers.

But that is also to say the finals series, for the second year in a row has been completely predictable.

4 Bets, the only different outcomes were for the Dogs to Win against Manly and the Premiers. (Dogs winning Melbourne Premiers was 36:1)

King-Gutho94

Coach
Win or lose Scum will be Scum but if Smug win, they’ll get even Smugger. Then again we weren’t the team to stop their streak in 22, it’d be good to be the ones to break it in 25

In fairness there streak should never have started to begin with and stopped by us.

What a sliding doors moment this match has become.

They haven't lost a final since.

Who knows what would have happened if the result was reversed and the fallout for Penrith would have been losing 4 games in two years and coming up with nothing.

84 Baby

Referee

In fairness there streak should never have started to begin with and stopped by us.

Who knows what would have happened if the result was reversed and the fallout for Penrith would have been losing 4 games in two years and coming up with nothing.
Mitch Kenny can get f**ked

T.S Quint

Coach
The grand final I had been dreading.

I don’t particularly like either team…but only one of them is going for four in a row. Nobody should be happy about a team winning four straight unless you’re a fan of that team.

The only club I would cheer the Panthers on against if they were playing this game would be Canterbury.

So, let’s go Storm!

Eelogical

Referee
It's the Storm for me. They cheated, we cheated. It's all academic these days. Bellamy has a great record over a long period of time. The chinboy army can go f**k themselves at Krispy Kreme.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

We were unlucky to lose that game. We were exceptional and I remember being as proud as I have ever been watching a Parra loss.

We were at our best when we chased the collision and were patient in attack. It might sound simple but the two teams in this years GF have perfected it.

T.S Quint

Coach
We were unlucky to lose that game. We were exceptional and I remember being as proud as I have ever been watching a Parra loss.

We were at our best when we chased the collision and were patient in attack. It might sound simple but the two teams in this years GF have perfected it.

Games like this one and the Prelim against the Cowboys showed that we were capable of defending well at times. Just wish it was more often than it was.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Ray Stone was our 3rd sting back up hooker, and hardly played big mins at hooker himself, not only made a few crucial errors when we had momentum. but remember his service was generally poor. IMO this is the reason why we lost. Not blaming Stone he was forced into this role cause we had no one else. Had Reed or Lussick been fit, I have no question we win. Thats the way the cookie crumbles...

Latest posts