What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin I - Wed 5 Jun - NSW 10-38 QLD @ Accor

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Queensland

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eelctrifying

Juniors
Why does it matter what the game is?

It's like saying "it's not a penalty in golden point" when the markers are standing next to each other, it shouldn't matter what game it is or the state of the game. It's very very simple, is it a send off or not? All of these variables about slipping, origin, whatever else. They do not matter and should not matter when a referee makes a decision. That's what leads to inconsistency.
Because no one wants to watch one of the biggest matches 12v13 from the 8th minute. No one. Not even Cam Smith thought it should have been a send-off due to the circumstances of the match.

I tell you what if the roles were reversed and a NSW player got hit I'd still want a sin bin and a penalty. What did QLD prove tonight? They can beat 12vs13 no f**king shit.

They could have wiped Suaalii with a 12-week suspension or something as punishment.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Why does it matter what the game is?

It's like saying "it's not a penalty in golden point" when the markers are standing next to each other, it shouldn't matter what game it is or the state of the game. It's very very simple, is it a send off or not? All of these variables about slipping, origin, whatever else. They do not matter and should not matter when a referee makes a decision. That's what leads to inconsistency.

It really feels like this is the first time you’re watching the sport

Reflector

Juniors
Coming back from the game, was in Blatchy’s Blues so haven’t been able to watch a lot of the replays/ other angles yet but-

Suali’i= f**king boneheaded moron, let his team mates and the state down tonight. Not the first time he’s been a complete block head and cost his team. Saying that…

Klein= f**king incompetent joke of a ref. How on Earth he keeps getting the Origin gig is a complete mystery. As moronic as Suali’i’s hit was, it was worthy of 10 in the bin. Not a send off less than 10 minutes into Game 1. Completely ruined what could’ve been a great contest for everybody watching nationwide and has potentially cost NSW the series already.

Bittersweet about the whole thing, thought we’d were in danger of getting our shit pushed in down 20-6 and minus a back for the rest of the game. But the squad showed plenty of guts, ticker and resilience to look like a vague chance at pulling off a miracle up until the last 5 or so minutes when they were gassed. Could light a fire under them the rest of the series. For QLD, not sure what they can make of that? Some really sloppy ball control and failed to look clinical as they should’ve with the advantage.

(And losing 38-10 after being a man down for 70 minutes at home still >>> losing 50-6 after playing 13 v 13 for 80 minutes in front of a crowd that is 95% on your side)

Wizardman

First Grade
A player can’t react that fast to a falling player
The penalty isn’t in question

You’re debating as if I’m saying it isn’t a penalty. It is
I just think it’s a sin bin in an origin game
Hahahah...get lost! The game should be reffed the same everywhere!

blaza88z

Coach
Because no one wants to watch one of the biggest matches 12v13 from the 8th minute. No one. Not even Cam Smith thought it should have been a send-off due to the circumstances of the match.

I tell you what if the roles were reversed and a NSW player got hit I'd still want a sin bin and a penalty. What did QLD prove tonight? They can beat 12vs13 no f**king shit.

They could have wiped Suaalii with a 12-week suspension or something as punishment.

The 12 week punishment is all well and good but we lost a player for the game. Billy was prepared ahead of time and had a ready made replacement on the bench to slip into the backline, what if we carried a bench full of forwards? Which is what most teams do.. We lose a player we fully expected to play 80 minutes and NSW don't get any punishment for that? Oh wait, is the referee supposed to apply discretion there too based on who we had on our bench?

The harsh truth is that it doesn't matter what you want to watch, it doesn't matter what anyone wants to watch.

Lots of big statements there. You're all over it mate.

Wb1234

Referee
NSW had 30 play the balls in the qld 20m. They did f**k all with it.

Would have lost regardless.
Nsw could’ve won that game despite suaali

their attack was clueless when it mattered in the second half

some awful last tackle plays

Wizardman

First Grade
I know that because it’s always about money like everything else in this world.

I still don’t blindly accept the hype like the beer swilling masses that talk crap about how much they love origin and how it’s the ‘pinnacle’. Those pre match promos about fans loving Origin make me want to puke! 🤮
That is saying you are not from QLD without saying you are not from Qld.

Eelctrifying

Juniors
The 12 week punishment is all well and good but we lost a player for the game. Billy was prepared ahead of time and had a ready made replacement on the bench to slip into the backline, what if we carried a bench full of forwards? Which is what most teams do.. We lose a player we fully expected to play 80 minutes and NSW don't get any punishment for that? Oh wait, is the referee supposed to apply discretion there too based on who we had on our bench?

The harsh truth is that it doesn't matter what you want to watch, it doesn't matter what anyone wants to watch.

Fair enough I can understand that opinion but obviously there are people, like Cam Smith, Fatty who are QLDers through and through who felt a bin was sufficient. Again, if the roles were reversed I wouldn't want to cheer on NSW dunking on QLD... it's just a shallow win.

Wish he could of been sent off for a half instead of the game but I do agree if it was a club game it would 100% be a sendoff, so it is what it is.

blaza88z

Coach
After watching the presser, I get the feeling Billy is of the opinion that it was a predetermined tactic to get out there and get Walsh out of the game.

Wizardman

First Grade
Yep but that doesn’t happen how many times have you seen the refs referee the matches differently according to how important the game is..
It has been reffed different in the past for sure.

I don't think QLD should be disadvantaged because some baffoon didn't show a duty of care in the tackle though.

The ref clearly followed the laid out rules in this case.

Latest posts