What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin I - Wed 5 Jun - NSW 10-38 QLD @ Accor

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Queensland

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Wednesday​

Origin I: NSW v QLD​

Joseph Sua'ali'i (NSW / Sydney)
  • Grade 2 Reckless High Tackle on Reece Walsh (7 min)
  • Base penalty 5 matches
  • His options:
    5 matches - guilty / no contest
    4 matches - early plea
  • PLEA: TBC
Isaah Yeo (NSW / Penrith)
  • Grade 1 Careless High Tackle on Murray Taulagi (27 min)
  • Base penalty 10% of match fee
  • His options:
    10% of match fee - guilty / no contest
    7% of match fee - early plea
  • PLEA: TBC

Apey

Staff member
Haha I saw that on the coverage.

I wanna know what he said. Gave him a spray for sure.

After watching the presser, I get the feeling Billy is of the opinion that it was a predetermined tactic to get out there and get Walsh out of the game.

The sendoff was 100% a correct call but I think that's hysteria and heat of the moment stuff from Slater. Rugby boy just f**ked up.

SBD82

Coach
After watching the presser, I get the feeling Billy is of the opinion that it was a predetermined tactic to get out there and get Walsh out of the game.
It was 100% a tactic. But it wasn’t a tactic to do it illegally.

NSW pushed the limit. Suaalii botched it. And we paid the price.

It is what it is. If they got it right they would have stifled the QLD backline sweep with Walsh always looking out of the corner of his eye. They didn’t get it right. They were punished for it. Thats footy.

blaza88z

Coach
The sendoff was 100% a correct call but I think that's hysteria and heat of the moment stuff from Slater. Rugby boy just f**ked up.

I'd agree but the Cobbo selection had a few scratching their heads, maybe he thought it would be a genuine tactic. Last year they were definitely making it a point to get stuck into Walsh off the ball.

Game_Breaker

Coach
It really feels like you're so lost in the good old days where blokes would play on with a broken jaw completely ignoring the obvious medical risks. We're in 2024, feel free to join us when you're ready.

Again, you’re debating this as if my position is it’s not a penalty
It’s a penalty and a sin bin
How he should be punished is what is being debated here buddy
Falling into tackles means a defender can’t react in time. This is just a fact
You don’t seem to have played the game either

Reflector

Juniors
I wanna know what he said. Gave him a spray for sure.

No, it was a clandestine tactic from NSW to put Walsh under pressure all game- send bombs down his way and tackle him, possibly ruining his perfect hair and his beautiful eye brows rather than doing the rightful thing and stepping aside to let him gallop up field and score again, flashing those baby blues at the cameras for the whole RL world to swoon over.

The fact NSW planned to target the Justin Bieber of Rugby League just shows how much disrespect they have for QLD and the game of Rugby League.

TroyJax

Juniors
There’s no doubt the plan was to take him out.
The send off was 100% warranted, despite what it did to the spectacle.

Eelctrifying

Juniors
It deserved a send off IMO. I'm actually surprised how many people think it only deserved 10.

I think people know it was easily worth a send off, it's just that a send off destroys the entire game and has one side easily winning. For it to happen in the first 10 minutes just compounds this and the fact origin is only 3 games compared to club footy.

Still, Blaza had a good point I didn't put much though into. QLD is penalised even with an 18th-man rule as they need to hope that player fits. Luckily this game they did.

Gardenia

Juniors
Whatever it deserved, the fact is the sendoff ruined that game - for both sides (QLD can't claim like they convincingly won as they only played 12), and for the viewers. I would have hated to buy tickets and make the effort to travel to that game tonight. Once it happened the result was a forgone conclusion.

Gardenia

Juniors
Ben Hunt doesn't run like that for the Red and White to score tries. Found his second gear in the Maroon Jersey but not the one that pays his wages ah well.

Lomax was great on the wing tonite - a position he cracked the shits over playing and decided to leave for less money to go to another team

Awesome