What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin I - Wed 5 Jun - NSW 10-38 QLD @ Accor

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Queensland

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This Year?

Immortal
Have you ever seen a tackle that and only a sin bin was given?
I've seen a few like that where only 10 was given. Those probably should have been send offs too.
As much as I hate Reece and the send off was going to ruin any chance NSW had of winning I thought it was the right call. You can't have blokes getting taken out like that, especially in rep games.

Reflector

Juniors
Whatever it deserved, the fact is the sendoff ruined that game - for both sides (QLD can't claim like they convincingly won as they only played 12), and for the viewers. I would have hated to buy tickets and make the effort to travel to that game tonight. Once it happened the result was a forgone conclusion.
I know, f**k me right?

Reflector

Juniors
I've seen a few like that where only 10 was given. Those probably should have been send offs too.
As much as I hate Reece and the send off was going to ruin any chance NSW had of winning I thought it was the right call. You can't have blokes getting taken out like that, especially in rep games.
Bingo. Hence why the disbelief over it from people here and who cover the game for a living alike. Been plenty of hits just like that- or worse- over the years in Origin that haven’t warranted a send-off.

Parra Pride

Referee
Bingo. Hence why the disbelief over it from people here and who cover the game for a living alike. Been plenty of hits just like that- or worse- over the years in Origin that haven’t warranted a send-off.
He smashed him full force in the head, regardless of whether or not it's been a send off in the past, if the game wants to be serious about protecting players from shit like this they can't pick and choose when to enforce this shit harshly and when not to. The bigger problem of course is if a similar hit happens in game 2 it's likely to not be given a sent off.

aqua_duck

Coach
Congrats qld. Think you might have won either way despite the send off. Team changes... hmm.. I don't want to hang hynes out to dry, but his kicking game left a bit to be desired. Thought we looked good with Luai kicking. Sucks for Teddy. He tried hard but again killed a few plays. Edwards has to come in if fit.
Hynes and Tedesco are probably the most ill suited duo I’ve ever seen, both play very laterally and take up the same space and both need to get their hands on the ball. There were times the boy needed to be moved quickly to the edge back Hynes would receive the ball, run 10m sideways and just absolutely butcher any space that may have been there before.

borisdog

Juniors
After watching the presser, I get the feeling Billy is of the opinion that it was a predetermined tactic to get out there and get Walsh out of the game.
Well, he did get a look at the tactic last series…….
And that overrated grub should’ve been off last year too.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
You can have a difference in officiating from club to Origin in many respects but not head contact. That was a really dumb call on the broadcast when Cam Smith said it was a send off in the NRL but not Origin. Brain injuries don't distinguish between the standard of the comp.

Suailii made a poor decision, yes Walsh might've slipped a bit but it was a reckless motion and he deservedly cops a few weeks suspension as well. NSW have no one but Joseph to blame for the situation they found themselves in.

And NSW also failed to adjust to the loss of a man on their right side quick enough. They got there through the middle of the game but not initially. That is also on them

Latest posts