What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin I - Wed 5 Jun - NSW 10-38 QLD @ Accor

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Queensland

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lsta5838

Juniors
Hynes and Tedesco are probably the most ill suited duo I’ve ever seen, both play very laterally and take up the same space and both need to get their hands on the ball. There were times the boy needed to be moved quickly to the edge back Hynes would receive the ball, run 10m sideways and just absolutely butcher any space that may have been there before.

Totally agree, lot's of sidewise action. Qld were ruthless to us when it was needed and we stuffed around a bit when we did have some ball. Or Qld defended well while always being onside :)

Lol. Such a lack of knowledge.
Myles won a SOO player of the series award in a team stacked with legends.
Oh, well that changes everything. Thank you for the history lesson Nate, remember to take your hotel key with you when you leave the room next time you animal.

mongoose

Coach
Hynes was shit, played like it was a meaningless club game against the Tigers in the final round or something.

Teddy had some good runs but his defence was poor. Was out of position for QLD's first try and missed a tackle on Hunt who went on to score later in the game, although I realise he was probably fatigued by that point, but still...

Robson didn't do much except save a try, although Young assisted in that.

Yeo stinks at Origin level too.

Lomax had a mixed game, not great in defence but decent in attack. Hard to judge outside back when the team is down to 12 though.

johnny plath

Juniors
Because no one wants to watch one of the biggest matches 12v13 from the 8th minute. No one. Not even Cam Smith thought it should have been a send-off due to the circumstances of the match.

I tell you what if the roles were reversed and a NSW player got hit I'd still want a sin bin and a penalty. What did QLD prove tonight? They can beat 12vs13 no f**king shit.

They could have wiped Suaalii with a 12-week suspension or something as punishment.
And where is the qld benefit for losing their biggest x factor player in the game. This is all on suaali.. he f**ked it.. if no action is taken there its open slather to take out key players with no consequences

johnny plath

Juniors
Bingo. Hence why the disbelief over it from people here and who cover the game for a living alike. Been plenty of hits just like that- or worse- over the years in Origin that haven’t warranted a send-off.
Really...I know it sounds right but can you name some examples...I can't think of any similar in origin where a direct hit in open play to the head knocked out before he hits the ground have happened. I think send off any time.. think whet saved players in the past was lack of TV angles but nothing is missed now. Suaali f**ked it...enjoy union

wz9hntB.png

JLA

Juniors
Nsw won arm wrestle majority of game 20th minute to 65 minute. Just looked lost in attack could be harsh saying that considering down a man for 72 minutes.

Generalzod

Immortal
Geez I got an SMS yesterday from the NRL to attend the game with a special buy one get one free offer, at the time they barely got the sold out sign out. I wonder how many people would dish out their hard earned so that can watch the usual crap from NSW...