What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin II - Wed 26 Jun - NSW 38-18 QLD @ MCG

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Queensland

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Edwards was the worst starter we had on Wednesday. The only argument against that is that useless prick in the front row from your team.

Do you disagree and want to throw up another name?
Why do I need to? Everyone did the job they were assigned, the attack was fluid without the stumbling handbrake getting in the way.

Not the best Edwards has played, but he was far far far from bad and better than anything Teddy has dished up for NSW recently.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Stats according to NRL.com

Game 1 - Teddy

Runs - 21
Metres - 207
Metres per carry - 9.86
Kick Return Metres - 77
Post Contact metres - 66
Tackle Breaks - 6
Passes - 22
Passes to run ratio - 1.05
Tackles Made - 3
Missed Tackles - 1
Errors - 2
Tries - 1
Line Breaks - 0
Try assists - 0
Line Break assists - 0

Game 2 - Edwards

Runs - 22
Metres - 203
Metres per carry - 9.23
Kick Return Metres - 56
Post Contact metres - 51
Tackle Breaks - 8
Passes - 18
Passes to run ratio - 0.82
Tackles Made - 1
Missed Tackles - 2
Errors - 1
Tries - 1
Line Breaks - 2
Try assists - 1
Line Break assists - 0

lol Edwards ain't even better at running the ball
Are they forward meters or sideways meters?
Where I'd the effective passes stat?
Ego : Wins ratio heavily in Eddy's favour.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Deardon has to be dropped for game 3. That miss on Martin for the first try was ordinary. Need to replace him with Ezra to improve the overall defence of qld.
They'll get Cobbo and fafita (they'll forgive him for whatever sin he committed against an old boys mrs) in as well. Need a better fullback and more dynamic pack. I see 6 changes to qld side.

Teddy is just superior in every stat there is.

Origin 3 is going to be hilarious.
Teddy is still a good player, just not what he was. His stat's will always look good but they don't tell the full story. He tries a little too hard and gets in the way often. He's a step slower than he was 3 years ago. Will always be remembered as a great player but his time as top dog has been finished for at least 2-3 years now.

You can die up there if you want bruv but you're gonna die alone.

I'd argue that Edwards is a little down this year compared to the last 3 or 4 seasons but he's still comfortably ahead of Tedesco. I like Teddy but come on now, he's been rapidly declining for 3 years imo.

Deardon has to be dropped for game 3. That miss on Martin for the first try was ordinary. Need to replace him with Ezra to improve the overall defence of qld.
They'll get Cobbo and fafita (they'll forgive him for whatever sin he committed against an old boys mrs) in as well. Need a better fullback and more dynamic pack. I see 6 changes to qld side.
I just don't see many options for QLD in the halves tbh.

One thing NSW would hate though is facing Cobbo and Gagai. Holmes is a liability half the time.

They do need a better fullback though. Walsh isn't developing and has some key deficiencies in his game even at club level. He's all speed and not much else. Gets absolutely man-handled in attack and steamrolled in defence all too often. His good looks great because he's flashy... but his bad is hard to hide. At this point he's a flat-track bully and I fear for his career if he ever gets a speed reducing injury.

Valheru

Coach
Why do I need to? Everyone did the job they were assigned, the attack was fluid without the stumbling handbrake getting in the way.

Not the best Edwards has played, but he was far far far from bad and better than anything Teddy has dished up for NSW recently.
You don't need to, I'm just asking a question.

You gave me the answer I knew you would, that being none because no one other than possibly Jurbo was worse.

And I just showed you the stats that completely contradicts your last statement.

That was like 3 repeat sets on the try line. Something was going to break, you can’t blame Dearden for that missed tackle.

Cobbo should definitely be in the team. Fifita is terrible in defence, if they pair him with Hammer, NSW should target area that all night long.

Last edited:

Latest posts