What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs All Stars

callmack1

Staff member

Can't believe this is just over a week away now! So god damn keen!!

callmack1

Staff member

Hasn't been a great day to be a Souths fan but this is finally something exciting!!! I love when the All Stars teams drop!!

Congrats to Trell, Cody, Tassy and Shaq on their selections in the Indigenous side, and congrats to Jacob Gagai on his selection in the Maori side!!! Great to see plenty of Rabbits' reppin' and I can't wait to watch them represent their culture again.

You've gotta say that the Maori side is significantly stronger than the Indigenous on paper. That Maori team is strong!

callmack1

Staff member

It's a shame to see our Rabbitohs being withdrawn but we have players dropping like flies at the moment so I guess it's not a bad thing.

I'm assuming that Tassy and Gags have been withdrawn in order for us to have more cover for the Charity Shield after Munro and Mellar's injuries.

callmack1

Staff member
Yoohooo!! So pumped to get into All Stars week! I love this week as it not only signifies the official start to te Rugby League Calander for the year, but it is such a great week of learning and celebrating the two cultures. I just love it. Can't wait for the game on Friday!

callmack1

Staff member

Wowwww huge congrats to Trell!! How friggin cool is this? Would be one of the career highlights for him for sure! That is one hell of an honor. He's such a proud Indigenous man, and this will mean the world to him. So proud of the bloke! Great interview in the video too.

Man, I love the buzz around All Stars week!!!

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
All Stars game day babyyyyyy!!!!! Ahhhhh I feel like a little kid on Christmas today, I'm that bloody excited!! Just so keen for the game tonight. It's always a great contest and always a great spectacle with the celebration of two cultures. Every year it just seems to get better and better so I can't wait to see what tonight has in store.

It also signifies the proper start of the Calander year for Rugby League, and who the hell couldn't be excited for that?!!

Good luck to both our Rabbitohs, the Mitchell brothers, playing tonight and I just hope for a really good game.

Maori by 6 I reckon.

callmack1

Staff member

Congrats to the Indigenous side on taking home the chocolates for the second year in a row. The first quarter of the game was fantastic, but the rest were to be expected given the weather conditions, the time of year and the humidity. That's not to say it still wasn't a good watch though, I really enjoyed it.

Man, the Maori had enough ball to win six games six times over but just couldn't convert. Amazing defence from the Indigenous side.

Sighhhhh...... I knew hopping on other forums would just be constant criticism of Trell. People need to relax, it's his first game in five months, it's a trial game. Just chill and let's see how he is in the first few Rounds before we judge him. Yea, he didn't do much and was very quiet, but was that a case of being unfit or was it a case of him just cruising and not absolutely busting a gut in a game he didn't have to? He did the same last year. I'm not concerned, he'll be right. He looks the fittest we've seen him, and I think we'll see something different when the Season proper starts.

He had a few really nice touches though, especially for Addo-Carr's try and his defence was great. It was a concern to see him pull up injured at one stage but he shook it off and finished the game thank god.

Shaq was absolutely outstanding!!! This is probably a career-best game for him. He had so many runs and just constantly carted it forward strongly. Looked like he could keep going too! If he continues to play like that, he'll be extremely hard to keep out of the 17.