What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 23 - Vs Storm

Steenson123

Juniors
Overall a highly courageous effort, given the poor state of the season and the absence of 7/17 of the starting squad.
Myers could be a find he needs to use his large frame and back himself more. Its a confidence thing, "can I do this?".
Gray may be small in height but he has a big heart and a strong body. Bennett will surely love him. The question is where to play the man? He may become a dynamic off the bench player for the middle of the field, either at 7 or 9. When defenses fatigue he will be a real threat. Leave that for Burt to figure but the ceiling for Gray is very high. Just don't let Easts get him!!

speedster

Juniors
Sucks being out of contention for finals this far from the end of the season. Especially after missing last year. Really, we've been thinking about next year all year long but it is a bummer for it to be locked in so far out. But we can throw it round now and play some stress-free footy I suppose. We can pick off the Tigers and Knights in the next 2 weeks before finishing up with the Panthers and Roosters where we could make a nuisance of ourselves with a bit of luck.

Steenson123

Juniors
Damien signed my members card and I had a photo I thanked him for all his service and dedication the last decade and told him he was one of my favourites.
I’m bloody proud of last night of our efforts we won the second half 12-6 I walked out with my head held high
Watching the replay the squad had a real chance the longer that contest went. Normally with Bellamy up 26-4 it would end a disaster but the squad simply intensified its effort and dug in. The errors and turnovers ended any hope but they were going through Melbourne with ease late on it was only the lack of starters in the backline that got in the way. Graham is an enormous loss, one realises his great value with his absence, the guy does so much in terms of effort and positioning and his overall class is above the charts. Its a pity he has not been there alongside Wighton, they could have a picnic together! I only hope he returns because the longer his absence the greater my concern.

speedster

Juniors
Overall a highly courageous effort, given the poor state of the season and the absence of 7/17 of the starting squad.
Myers could be a find he needs to use his large frame and back himself more. Its a confidence thing, "can I do this?".
Gray may be small in height but he has a big heart and a strong body. Bennett will surely love him. The question is where to play the man? He may become a dynamic off the bench player for the middle of the field, either at 7 or 9. When defenses fatigue he will be a real threat. Leave that for Burt to figure but the ceiling for Gray is very high. Just don't let Easts get him!!
I can see Wayne picking Jye in the #14 next season. He loves having a little utility player with spark come on to spark the attack as well as cover multiple positions in the spine. He is a little beauty Jye Gray. Might need to spend some time at dh in the preseason to sharpen that side of his game if needed.

Steenson123

Juniors
Milne has
I expected a big blowout. It was pretty certain we were not going to win but I thought our patched together side was actually really good. We were never going to win with the slowest centre pairing in the history of the game and it showed with our real lack of spark in attack and the ability of a faster team to just run around us. If there has ever been a more rocks and diamond player than Milne I can’t remember them. Unfortunately more rocks than diamonds by a long way. His defensive reads have been appalling all year and shows our lack of depth in the centres as he remains, yes he does bring the ball back strongly. Our forwards did a great job against a fantastic pack. Shaq’s little kick was one of the best of the season and should have been pounced on by our outside backs. All in all not a bad performance by an injury decimated team.
Milne has a lot of courage give the man his credit. He always takes the rock forward when the team is bunkered down and has no fear of any opponent. Plus he can offload unexpectedly and keep a drive going. Perhaps he is best suited to playing on the flank, he will get 150 or more run metres and his graft work is hard to replace.

Latest posts