What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

Thumper

Juniors
I'm putting 2 and 2 together here my self but post Vegas, there are reports of the 49ers investment arm being interested in purchasing a NRL team. The 49ers purchased Leeds United last year and recently our very own Uncle Rusty has been revealed as an investor in the club.
Could it be us that the 49ers will go for?
Club is currently owned by 2 billionaires, Russell and the members. 4 25% shares. They can’t buy the numbers share. So they wouldn’t be buying the whole club anyway. Russell doesn’t need the money. Packer and cannon-Brooke’s definitely don’t need the money. And besides attending a few games none of them really have anything to do with the day to day running of the club.
mike cannon-Brooke’s is worth double what the owner of the 49ers is worth. 12.6 billion.

Travitoh

First Grade
Club is currently owned by 2 billionaires, Russell and the members. 4 25% shares. They can’t buy the numbers share. So they wouldn’t be buying the whole club anyway. Russell doesn’t need the money. Packer and cannon-Brooke’s definitely don’t need the money. And besides attending a few games none of them really have anything to do with the day to day running of the club.
mike cannon-Brooke’s is worth double what the owner of the 49ers is worth. 12.6 billion.
So i put 2+2 together and got 5 then lol

Travitoh

First Grade
H

Hahah.
Who knows bro. I’m sure they would want to buy the Rabbitohs. If I won the lotto it’s the only thing I’d want to spend my cash on. Play a helicopter to get to games every weekend.
If it was to happen, I'm confident they'd be great for the club. I'm a Leeds supporter and they are easily the best owners the club has had... so far.

callmack1

Staff member

Jeez Mundine is a twat.

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member

It's not a massive deal or a massive scandal but it is certainly dumb and not a good look. It's not a good look on him as a role model, or our club.

I can understand the out of the blue F-bomb, but to blatantly say "I don't care I'm swearing," Is poor.

I'm more concerned about how he seemingly didn't care about the loss.

Hellray

Juniors

It's not a massive deal or a massive scandal but it is certainly dumb and not a good look. It's not a good look on him as a role model, or our club.

I can understand the out of the blue F-bomb, but to blatantly say "I don't care I'm swearing," Is poor.

I'm more concerned about how he seemingly didn't care about the loss.
Yeah agreed, the loss didn’t bother him at all but he was stoked and very aware of his 100th try.
very disappointing attitude

speedster

Juniors
He said he didn't care about swearing on air and to me it showed how bad he felt about losing. That's no excuse and he should rightly cop a warning but you either let a swear word go out of ecstasy after winning a GF or after losing in a poor effort.