What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

doyen

Bench
And yeah, not only Botany/Banksmeadow unrecognizable, Pagewood even more so, it's pretty f...ing sad actually
Gee--the 310 bus---had plenty of rides on that bus to attend Cleveland St. HS.for 5 yrs-if I missed the 310 I had to walk to Botany Rd. to catch the 309----rode trams also in the early days from Chelmsford Ave. terminus [Botany Rd.]---used to get up early & walk to my mate's place there[[Johnny WARREN] who was a legendary soccer player who captained Aust !! We'd kick a soccer ball around for 1/2 hr before hopping on the tram to attend CLEVO . It was a special time to grow up back then----Botany was like a country town in the 40s & 50s---I'm glad I had my time in the SUN back then----sadly though I've entered the Winter season of my life---but still an avid Sths fan even though the game has been severely bastardised & extremely hard to watch now !!! PS. Brighton St. joined Swinbourne at the bottom of a hill !!

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Gee--the 310 bus---had plenty of rides on that bus to attend Cleveland St. HS.for 5 yrs-if I missed the 310 I had to walk to Botany Rd. to catch the 309----rode trams also in the early days from Chelmsford Ave. terminus [Botany Rd.]---used to get up early & walk to my mate's place there[[Johnny WARREN] who was a legendary soccer player who captained Aust !! We'd kick a soccer ball around for 1/2 hr before hopping on the tram to attend CLEVO . It was a special time to grow up back then----Botany was like a country town in the 40s & 50s---I'm glad I had my time in the SUN back then----sadly though I've entered the Winter season of my life---but still an avid Sths fan even though the game has been severely bastardised & extremely hard to watch now !!! PS. Brighton St. joined Swinbourne at the bottom of a hill !!
Thank you, you reminded me of how my grandparents used to say Johnny Warren lived down the street, I'd forgotten about that.

callmack1

Staff member

Good to go through some stuff and have it all cleared up. I hope the players are watching.

callmack1

Staff member

Congrats to Cam!!! So happy for him! Very happy we now have no worries about him not going to Vegas either!!

callmack1

Staff member

Okay, this is pretty damn remarkable. Well done to the NRL!!

I'm not so sure about this but hope he does well obviously. Hard to believe they said no to Wayne.

callmack1

Staff member

From the Daily Telegraph,

All Wight with Freddy
Jack Wighton has addressed suggestions that he quit the NSW Blues last year as a response to former coach Brad Fittler leaving him out of the side for the decider the previous year.

In an interview from the South Sydney team hotel in San Diego, Wighton cleared the air over his decision to make himself unavailable for NSW last year and declared it had nothing to do with the coach.

Wighton was left out of the Blues team for the game three decider in 2022 after missing game two with COVID.

The following year he made himself unavailable for selection. Wighton is now considering coming out of representative retirement for new coach Michael Maguire in 2024, sparking speculation his availability - or lack thereof - was linked to the old coach.

“Because I say nothing, everyone is allowed to write their own stories,” Wighton said. “There’s not one bit of truth [in that]. I’ve got all the love in the world for ‘Freddy’. He saved my rep career. He gave me my first jersey, he backed me for 10 games.

“I had a big last year, there was a lot going on. After the World Cup, it was one of the best experiences of my life, I was content. That was my personal choice. It was nothing to do with ‘Freddy’ at all.”

speedster

Juniors
I see Karapani listed as a Bronco in today's judiciary report on nrl.com so he has resurfaced. Coupled with Ethan O'Neill going up there too, that's a couple of departures that wasn't really known that we now know of.

Oh well. We have great talent coming through so it doesn't worry me.

Thumper

Juniors
I see Karapani listed as a Bronco in today's judiciary report on nrl.com so he has resurfaced. Coupled with Ethan O'Neill going up there too, that's a couple of departures that wasn't really known that we now know of.

Oh well. We have great talent coming through so it doesn't worry me.
Both were reported leaving before Christmas. The boys were talking about karapani being at the broncos on this forum in October.

Travitoh

First Grade
I'm putting 2 and 2 together here my self but post Vegas, there are reports of the 49ers investment arm being interested in purchasing a NRL team. The 49ers purchased Leeds United last year and recently our very own Uncle Rusty has been revealed as an investor in the club.
Could it be us that the 49ers will go for?