What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member

So incredibly tragic and sad. He may have only played two games for us but he will be forever a Rabbitoh and he served our club well.

Thoughts with his family and friends.

Thadius

Juniors
Caleb Clarke looks very impressive and his love of the Club and GI in particular seems unparalleled.

Would be delighted to have him join the first grade ranks as he looks quality. But it is sincerely hoped that neither Burns or Hawkins see any first grade, as that would be most detrimental to our chances of success.

Thumper

Juniors
Caleb Clarke looks very impressive and his love of the Club and GI in particular seems unparalleled.

Would be delighted to have him join the first grade ranks as he looks quality. But it is sincerely hoped that neither Burns or Hawkins see any first grade, as that would be most detrimental to our chances of success.
Burns will be injured next week anyway. Hawkins isn’t up to first grade standard.
question marks if illias can run the side.
but Cody isn’t the answer at 7 either.

Travitoh

First Grade
I wonder what the game would look like if forward passes were ruled on the receiver not being behind the passer

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Sad news -

Condolences to his friends and family.
This one hurts 😔
A gentleman and true legend of the club !!
Been a very sad 12 months for the club with so many good guys passing….

Travitoh

First Grade
I don't know if it's been discussed already but a pod i was listening to suggested Koala is moving to the left edge and Duncan will come in on the right

callmack1

Staff member

Very happy to see that Pete is going to be re-signed long term! Stoked about that. I don't think there's any doubt that he's going to be our next hooker, especially after the role he played in the NSW Cup Season just gone.

However, to suggest that he is a better option than Cooky right now, as some people on other forums have, and to suggest that he is our number one hooker is quite frankly a ridiculous statement. Pete is not there yet, he's not that developed yet and Cooky is still one of the best hookers in the game and State of Origin worthy.

Can Pete get to that level and overtake Cooky? Of course he can and there will come a time where he will. But that time is a little while off right now.

I do think it's time to really start bringing Pete through and giving him the more regular experience that he needs, especially with a full string side. Rotate him in the 14-role depending on the opposition. I think he could become our starting hooker by 2025 or 26.

Anyways, stoked to see he's staying, and I look forward to it being officially announced.

callmack1

Staff member

Really not sure what to make of the rule change. Yea, it will create more in the air contests which can be exciting but did we really need to change it?

I don't like how a big part of the game in building pressure by forcing dropouts is being taken away.

callmack1

Staff member

Great to have it official!! He's our next long-term hooker and I don't think there's any doubt about that. The development he's gone through and the improvement in his game the past couple of years has been immense and I hope that trajectory continues from here.

Signing til 2027 tells us he must be close.

Great to see!