What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member

If Tom really wants to stay in 2025 and he is playing good Footy still this year we MUST find a way. He is such a key part of the engine room, and we lose a lot when he's not there.

Keeping him another year will also allow someone like Davvy another year of real development and then surely, he'll be ready to really step up and lead in 2026 by then.

We won't see anything happen for a while though, the club will want to assess his form this year first, but I hope we can keep him on for one more year.

callmack1

Staff member

Hellray

Juniors
Although also reports that DSF has an ACL rupture so out for 6 months

Lovett also has a patella fracture and out long term also

callmack1

Staff member

NRL 2024: Bulldogs boss Phil Gould meets with injured South Sydney forward Daniel Suluka-Fifita | Daily Telegraph​

Phil Gould’s overhaul of the Bulldogs has continued with the Canterbury football boss targeting South Sydney prop Daniel Suluka-Fifita.

This masthead can reveal Suluka-Fifita could seek an immediate release from the Rabbitohs after touring Canterbury’s facilities in recent days.

Gould has presided over an emphatic cleanout of the Belmore club, having released their entire top 30 since 2021, the last being Raymond Faitala-Mariner, who has been jettisoned to the Dragons.

The departure of Faitala-Mariner could pave the way for Suluka-Fifita to go from Redfern to Belmore as the Bulldogs look to regenerate their forward stocks.

It is understood the former Roosters giant has held talks with Bulldogs bosses with a view to potentially joining Canterbury immediately - pending a release from the Rabbitohs.

The 24-year-old is contracted to Souths until the end of 2025 but is seeking a fresh start after undergoing a knee reconstructionwhich will delay his availability for the 2024 campaign.

But Bulldogs recruitment chiefs believe the hulking 112kg bookend has untapped potential in the NRL which they are keen to unlock under coach Cameron Ciraldo.

The Matraville Tigers junior made his NRL debut for the Roosters in 2020, playing 20 games for the glamour club before his shift to inner-city rivals the Rabbitohs in 2022.

Suluka-Fifita has played an additional 15 games for South Sydney, including 10 last season, only to suffer an ACL rupture playing in the NSW Cup last September.

A hard-running, no-nonsense front-rower, the 192cm Tongan torpedo would add depth to a Bulldogs forward pack headlined by Viliame Kikau, Reed Mahoney and Josh Curran.

Suluka-Fifita is believed to be keen to make the move, which is contingent on the forward passing a Bulldogs medical on his reconstructed knee.

The Bulldogs endured a disastrous 2023 season, finishing third last and posting the worst points differential (-331) in the league as their defence fell apart.

The highly-regarded Ciraldo is under pressure to turn the Bulldogs around this season and former Titans playmaker Toby Sexton, who joined the club midway through last season, lauded Canterbury’s culture.

“I have found Cam outstanding,” Sexton said last season.

“He is honestly beyond anything I expected.

“He is the best coach I have ever had and I’ve only known him eight weeks.

“There’s no unrest here.

“We can’t control external stuff as a football side, but Cam is 12 months ahead of where he was last year and as a club, we know we need a big pre-season.

“What I like with Cam is that you always know where you stand with him. On top of that, his standards and what he expects is so high.

“He has come from a Penrith system where all they did was win, so he knows what it takes to win.

“Canterbury’s culture over the last three or four years has been a losing one. It takes time to recover. It won’t happen overnight, but I believe Cam is the coach to bring the good times back here.”

callmack1

Staff member
Well, if that's the case and he wants to go, he can go.

I like the guy but let's be honest, he really hasn't made an impact here at all. Certainly not the impact we all thought he would.

Something doesn't seem right here. There were rumors he was upset about not getting an opportunity but that's a poor attitude in my opinion.

callmack1

Staff member

Hellray

Juniors
Well, if that's the case and he wants to go, he can go.

I like the guy but let's be honest, he really hasn't made an impact here at all. Certainly not the impact we all thought he would.

Something doesn't seem right here. There were rumors he was upset about not getting an opportunity but that's a poor attitude in my opinion.
My concern is just that does leave a decent hole in our prop depth. I’m sure we would have someone in mind to replace though

callmack1

Staff member

Travitoh

First Grade

It does and it doesn't. Later on in the year, yea maybe. But DSF isn't going to be available until mid-year because of his injury anyway.
And then there's the time it would've taken him to get up to speed.

If he wants out, he can go. If true, he obviously doesn't believe he is good enough to get minutes in our top heavy pack.

handyman2190

Bench

Travitoh

First Grade
Our prop depth is very top heavy so if DSF isn't willing to back himself to crack it, he'll be no great loss.

Thumper

Juniors
Our prop depth is very top heavy so if DSF isn't willing to back himself to crack it, he'll be no great loss.
Yeah won’t be any loss at all. As long as we don’t get 57 leg injuries To our forwards like we did last season

callmack1

Staff member

This is potentially huge news and could have a big impact on the game! Do we think it's good news though? Personally, I'm all for it as long as less contact sessions doesn't lead to players losing that edge for contact causing more injuries and the product we watch being diminished.

callmack1

Staff member

Latest posts